Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

It’s time for an iPhone

edited April 2018 in Other

The time has finally come for me to get a new cell phone through my service… I have owned Android phones since the very first Galaxy S up until now. It’s not that I don’t like iPhones or Apple products (I have a MacBook, three iPads and an iPod :lol:) I just never had one. After using my iPads for several years now I know what they can do. I also see the amount of iPhone users on this forum, so it’s finally time for me to say goodbye to Android. I hate to say it… But android sucks! I can’t even get Remixlive to keep a simple Ableton Link.... and the only other decent Android app is Beatonal which I’d rather use on my iPads anyway. Even if I was just using my cell phone for camera and video functions, the cameras on the newer iPhones are far superior which will give me better videos. It’s a no-brainer that I should upgrade my phone to an iPhone.

I really don’t want an iPhone X, but I will include it in the poll because you guys might have a good point on why to get an X. But I am really looking at getting either a 7+ or an 8+. I want this phone to be used for music in the future long after it is my cell phone, so I want it to last. Which one is more stable? Handles iOS 11 better? Known issues? What are the specs in relation to say an iPad Air 2? iPad Pro? Which one should I get?

Thanks everybody...

iPhone for the Win
  1. Which iPhone should I get for making music? Best stability30 votes
    1. iPhone 7
        3.33%
    2. iPhone 7+
      10.00%
    3. iPhone 8
      13.33%
    4. iPhone 8+
      53.33%
    5. iPhone X
      20.00%

Comments

• I use an iPhone 7 Plus since one year now and it’s perfect. Big enough for most apps, good battery life, more powerful than iPad Pro 9.7, less than 10.5 and as much as new iPad 2018. iPhone 8 Plus is even more powerful. I haven’t too much issues with it except like all iOS users with AU intruments and FXs rendering. I don’t complain that much with audio dropouts with various apps, everything is pretty stable now iOS 11 has been updated. iPhone X is now too expensive, I will wait for future releases before upgrading my 7 Plus if it becomes more affordable and if they make a Plus model with that new design. I suggest you go for a 7/8 Plus.

• iPhone 8 Plus here. Only reason right now to go to iPhone X is for facial gesture control of wah in GarageBand.

• I have an 8, but to be honest, I don’t do much music on it. That’s on the iPad. Auria doesn’t run on it.

• Many people can’t stand the notch on the X. I went back and forth, and finally opted for a larger screen in small form factor. I would go with X or 8+

• hold off. iOS 12 is announced in six weeks.

• I'll wait at least until WWDC'18 before I decide what to get...
    (If the rumoured SE2 has a bigger screen that might be an option).

My eyes are rapidly degrading so the iPhone 8 looks like the best option for me personally.
    The icons & text on the 8 are bigger than on the 8 Plus when running in 'zoomed' mode which is what I would primarily use. Also my eyes can't handle the 'flickering' iPhone X OLED when turning down the brightness...

• I’ve been immensely productive since I moved from android late last year to my first iPhone, an 8+ (512). I chose it over the X because of size and readability, and I didn’t want a first-generation X as I want them to make a future iPhone use the Apple Penile, too and when that occurs, I’ll move over to that. So far I’m almost exclusively in Gadget on it.

• Got my first 10 years ago .. iPhone 3G. Currently on my probable last a 6s.

• @u0421793 said:
    I’ve been immensely productive since I moved from android late last year to my first iPhone, an 8+ (512). I chose it over the X because of size and readability, and I didn’t want a first-generation X as I want them to make a future iPhone use the Apple Penile, too and when that occurs, I’ll move over to that. So far I’m almost exclusively in Gadget on it.

...and then they'll really be able to fuck you over ...

• I went the other way and now have an Android phone having had an iPhone for years. I hardly ever used the iPhone for music though, so much more usable on a big screen iPad. And my Android phone is more cost effective and I was able to add enough memory to have my entire music collection loaded, no option to add cheap memory to an iPhone!

• Man, I gotta say I just don’t like the X. The notch, the thickness, the weight. There are not enough benefits to make it worth those compromises for me.

• In case anybody hasn’t seen this, and it helps: