Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GrooveBox: Needs and Wants and Fussing

1235»

Comments

• edited September 2019

@Shabudua said:
    I love jamming with Groovebox. So my one wish is, multitrack recording of my live jams, either internally or via multichannel audio out.

If that’s impossible, then I’d like better mixing options inside groovebox, such as per-channel EQ and panning.

Yea multi channel out to record would be excellent! These instruments need eq and other effects to really shine as do pretty much all synths, the internal effects are never really enough

• @reasOne said:

@Shabudua said:
    I love jamming with Groovebox. So my one wish is, multitrack recording of my live jams, either internally or via multichannel audio out.

If that’s impossible, then I’d like better mixing options inside groovebox, such as per-channel EQ and panning.

Yea multi channel out to record would be excellent! These instruments need eq and other effects to really shine as do pretty much all synths, the internal effects are never really enough

Now that Jim Audio has done it for Pure Acid, Ampify needs to step up. I'd also settle for AUv3 support so Groovebox could host plug ins.

• Individual outs feels like a long way off.... sadly.
    Audio Unit status would do for now, who knows if this is being planned or not?
    I suppose it’s testament to how good it is in the first place if it still gets extensive use despite this though.

• Agreed, @robosardine, but individual outs would make the most sense, for sure. Oh, to put TB Reelbus on those brittle Minimon synths....

• Any one know how to adjust track volumes? There doesn’t seem to be a mixer and none of the individual synths have a master volume control

• @ecamburn said:
    Any one know how to adjust track volumes? There doesn’t seem to be a mixer and none of the individual synths have a master volume control

There's a volume icon at the top. Tap on it to adjust the volume of each track.

• Gracias @Samflash3. Thought that was a mute button

• I know we joked long and hard about panning in Samplr and finally got our reward, but truth is (for me) if there's ONE toy in the cupboard that needs it and should have it and dances on the lip of absurdity without it: Groovebox. It's like the perfect lover without a mouth, or you know, an elbow, some urgent feature.

• @ecamburn said:
    Gracias @Samflash3. Thought that was a mute button

Also, tap on the lines next to it to add more layers.

• @Purpan said:
    +1 for most of those points. Groovebox sounds brilliant and is a true visual pleasure to use. But IT NEEDS USER PRESETS. I realise that their cash model is preset packs but that's going to go bad for them once there are enough packs to make presets difficult to manage. We'll still buy the packs anyway, because there's great programming in them. Some Ampify person, early on, said user presets were being considered, but it's hard to believe now, after so many factory packs, that that was true. Shame, as it has the capacity to be a truly great app.

user Presets!!!! This is my main issue. The synths are top notch and VERY VERY underrated. These sounds I get out of this are insane, yet I can't save presets. This is beyond unacceptable. I only use it now to as an audio in for my desktop DAW. If presets are added, I would use it in nearly every production.

• Yeah presets for sure, especially ones that load without patterns already playing - but user drum kits too (pretty sure this’ll never happen though)

• Only 'nags' I have for now is the lack of automation editing and access to more notes on the iPhone onscreen keyboard (it's ~1 octave or so and the scroll/pan kills the flow when recording), iPad shows a lot more making it more fun to play :)

• @Imhodef said:

@Purpan said:
    +1 for most of those points. Groovebox sounds brilliant and is a true visual pleasure to use. But IT NEEDS USER PRESETS. I realise that their cash model is preset packs but that's going to go bad for them once there are enough packs to make presets difficult to manage. We'll still buy the packs anyway, because there's great programming in them. Some Ampify person, early on, said user presets were being considered, but it's hard to believe now, after so many factory packs, that that was true. Shame, as it has the capacity to be a truly great app.

user Presets!!!! This is my main issue. The synths are top notch and VERY VERY underrated. These sounds I get out of this are insane, yet I can't save presets. This is beyond unacceptable. I only use it now to as an audio in for my desktop DAW. If presets are added, I would use it in nearly every production.

But it has user presets.

Call me old-fashioned, but I’d use it more if it had pitch-bend

• @Imhodef said:

@Purpan said:

You CAN save presets. This feature has been added a while back.

• 🙏 nice one, I never noticed that feature, teach me not to rtfm!

Still can’t see a way to add user samples to drum kits though, is that something else I’ve missed?

• I’d like to see than add a simple sampler, something along the lines of a slightly more useful version of the GarageBand sampler.

• edited April 2020

The lack of mixing features makes GrooveBox weak as a song-builder or performance tool, but I still love it as a “loop factory”: It’s great at making loops for other apps. Especially now that it has automation. Together with the Scene function, it’s easy and fast to create many variations of each loop.

• Ok. I will look online for this feature. I had no idea.

• UPDATED... Ableton Link Start/Stop... Thank Ampify..

• @RajahP said:
    UPDATED... Ableton Link Start/Stop... Thank Ampify..

Yes indeed Ampify!

This update is perfect timing (no pun intended) for me.

King

• Little by little getting there! Thanks Ampify!❤️❤️❤️

• so i bought packs on my ipad weeks ago, some longer... they still don’t show as mine on my iphone. same apple id. sooooooo, how do i get them to transfer over???

• @reasOne said:
    so i bought packs on my ipad weeks ago, some longer... they still don’t show as mine on my iphone. same apple id. sooooooo, how do i get them to transfer over???

You will have tried ‘restore purchases’ in the cogwheel settings?
    What does it actually show when you do this?

• @robosardine said:

@reasOne said:
    so i bought packs on my ipad weeks ago, some longer... they still don’t show as mine on my iphone. same apple id. sooooooo, how do i get them to transfer over???

i have, and the new packs aren’t even on that list... but the restore button is grayed out like its saying everything you have is installed. i messaged them on ig and it shows rad but no response, but maybe it’sa glitch since the last update

• @reasOne said:

@robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

i have, and the new packs aren’t even on that list... but the restore button is grayed out like its saying everything you have is installed. i messaged them on ig and it shows rad but no response, but maybe it’sa glitch since the last update

You have to “buy” one of the packs you bought on your iPad, then you’ll be able to download the rest in the restore purchases list. You won’t be charged twice. I don’t know why they are incapable/unwilling to implement complete iCloud sync across devices.

• @ChrisG said:

@reasOne said:

@robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

You have to “buy” one of the packs you bought on your iPad, then you’ll be able to download the rest in the restore purchases list. You won’t be charged twice. I don’t know why they are incapable/unwilling to implement complete iCloud sync across devices.

I just asked them that question (iCloud sync) and they responded positively but, of course, no promises. Maybe if others ask... 😎👍🏼

• @anickt said:

@ChrisG said:

@reasOne said:

@robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

I just asked them that question (iCloud sync) and they responded positively but, of course, no promises. Maybe if others ask... 😎👍🏼

that’s strange that you have to hit buy these days i swear they used to just pop up

• Every time it’s a leap of faith.