Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looptimus Mini or ? simple midi foot pedal

So I am looking for a simple midi foot pedal.

I saw this. http://looptimus.com/looptimus-mini/

Thoughts?

I have scoured the internet looking for a simple midi foot controller for my rig, mainly for looping. I am selling my FCB1010 because its just to big and bulky. Wanting something bus or battery powered. The Looptimus Mini looks cool and is small but the irig Blueboard is the same price and you get an extra button.

I could get away with just a single 5-pin midi, battery powered button. I have thought about custom building one but that is just a lot of work right now.

I am trying to stay under $100.

Midi Foot Controller
  1. Which one5 votes
    1. Looptimus Mini
        0.00%
    2. iRig Blueboard
      20.00%
    3. Line 6 FBV Express
      40.00%
    4. Logidy UMI3
      20.00%
    5. Other?
      20.00%

Comments

• What is your use case? You say "looping" but does that include just on/off or press/hold necessary?

• @lukesleepwalker Not exactly sure. Just getting into looping, or wanting to. I have had some success with just arming record with my foot. Then doing track selects and stuff with my midi controller. I want to play guitar and keyboard and launchpad. Just need something that I will actually use. The FCB1010 was just to much of a hassle.

if I can maybe, arm record, overdub on/off, clear last take or undo. I think that will suffice for now.

• So there is a fbv line 6 express at a local store for 69.99. I think im going to get it.

• @gmslayton said:
    So there is a fbv line 6 express at a local store for 69.99. I think im going to get it.

I think that's a good plan. You could always bring it back if you don't like it.

• edited April 2018

@gmslayton said:
    So there is a fbv line 6 express at a local store for 69.99. I think im going to get it.

Yes, do it!
    I found a great deal on the 12-button version, used from Guitar Center. It works incredibly well. I passed up the other options because i wanted a simple, wired connection rather than having to worry about Bluetooth. No issues or problems and the programming app for Mac/pc is super easy to navigate and set up.

• Also, just make sure it is the mkII model, with USB. I don’t think the older version has USB out.

The looptimus mini does look nice, definitely a lot smaller and portable. For me I am glad to have the expression pedal on the line 6

• @gmslayton said:

It would be great if you reported back after you had a run with it.

• edited September 2018

Hello, just curious if any of you had updated feedback on any of the products? I'm currently in the market for a simple midi foot controller as well to just toggle on/off the record button on some desktop software (Traktor/Ableton) and most of the foot controllers are overkill for me so searching for a budget one. I'll report back as well if I purchase anything. Am thinking of just picking up whatever they have at Guitar Center since I can try it out and have option to refund

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Just found a used Line 6 FBV and a Tech 21 Midi Mouse, both for $50. Dang it, might just go for one of these but have no idea which is better

• So nobody else here plays guitar??

• edited September 2018

I play guitar and use a midi foot controller, but not budget and not the most simple. But my research wasn't clear on a smaller option that I could set up to simply send CCs.

I also was originally thinking maybe upwards of 8 CCs, like, play, record, stop, loop, intro, verse, chorus, etc.

So I got a McMillen Softstep 2. I was really easy to set up, lap/desktop app and just type in the ccs you want.

And we ultimately went with a bit more automation and a little more hands off the guitar since I'm looping really midi with the hands and then switching to guitar. I could possibly go for a smaller one now, if anyone knows one that is USB midi that I can assign my own CCs to. I could get away with 6 footswitches now.

I wish Disaster Area would finish implementing their 'User-Definable Access Mode.' Then I could use
    https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-6-gen3

• @gjcyrus I ended up getting the FBV Express mk2 at a used music store. It works out great for what it is. Simple. 4 buttons and a foot pedal. Each of the buttons can be set to a specific CC or bank or program change. All can be set to different midi channels, buttons can be toggle, momentary, Works great for myself so far. Although I have not used it very much.

• edited September 2018

@gjcyrus said:
    [...] Just found a used Line 6 FBV and a Tech 21 Midi Mouse, both for $50. Dang it, might just go for one of these but have no idea which is better

Dude, the FBV is great. I recommend it also. It is USB MIDI, so it goes straight into a powered USB hub with no extra midi cable needed. and no external power needed. The Tech 21 looks like it requires power and 5-pin MIDI...

Also the Line 6 software is really easy to use for programming last I checked. (I had to register with an email address, but oh well). $50 is a good price. buy it!

• @Hmtx @gmslayton @Multicellular - Hey thanks guys for your response! Helps me in my decision making process. For anybody else here on a budget, there's one more extremely low budget option that a buddy recommended where he said to use another spare old computer keyboard as controller. Here's the vid he sent: