Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Roli Seaboard Block Users Here?

edited April 2018 in Creations

Just picked up a Seaboard Block...and while it does take some getting use to, i am digging the subtle and nuanced playability of it...it’s allowing me to venture off into new territories.

Not really sure how to classify this piece, but i find some interesting moments in it.

I used 2 instances of the Noise app as AUv3s, one of PPG infinite, and some native BeatMaker 3 drums to allow this one to be birthed into our universe...

I’d love to hear what others are creating with this black squishy o:) <3 B)

Comments

• The seaboard block is interesting but too expensive as an experiment for me.

• I own it. But I'm mostly using it with my desktop. I just prefer equator to Noise. Haven't really posted anything I've made with it though.....

• I have one and love the expression you can get from it. Noise and Equator are great and I’m looking firward to MPE being adopted more widely too.

• I own 2 of these babies. Having 4 octaves on hand is soooooo good. I love the expressivity of the patches.

• Not trying to be negative, just honest opinion. I owned 2 of them. Don't want to ruin them for anyone else, but just a warning. Be very careful with the edge and corners. I found on both the glue holding down the top rubber layer could be peeled back with the slightest contact. Returned to apple and refunded. Still have Roli lightblock M which doesn't seem as fragile around the seems

• @no1normal said:
    Not trying to be negative, just honest opinion. I owned 2 of them. Don't want to ruin them for anyone else, but just a warning. Be very careful with the edge and corners. I found on both the glue holding down the top rubber layer could be peeled back with the slightest contact. Returned to apple and refunded. Still have Roli lightblock M which doesn't seem as fragile around the seems

To be fair I pretty much have them permanently in an enclosure I made for both of mine. So no worries about the edges peeling off for me.

• @no1normal said:
    Not trying to be negative, just honest opinion. I owned 2 of them. Don't want to ruin them for anyone else, but just a warning. Be very careful with the edge and corners. I found on both the glue holding down the top rubber layer could be peeled back with the slightest contact. Returned to apple and refunded. Still have Roli lightblock M which doesn't seem as fragile around the seems

Dude...you just jinxed me..I was pulling the unit out of my bag and the corner pulled up. Gonna go for a replacement today @ Apple store :(

Thankfully the seaboard case is arriving today, so it won't happen with the new unit. :)

• @echoopera said:

@no1normal said:

Dude...you just jinxed me..I was pulling the unit out of my bag and the corner pulled up. Gonna go for a replacement today @ Apple store :(

Thankfully the seaboard case is arriving today, so it won't happen with the new unit. :)

Hopefully they will address that, it is a lot of money for something that can get so easily damaged.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@echoopera said:

@no1normal said:

Hopefully they will address that, it is a lot of money for something that can get so easily damaged.

Yep...sent them an email and posted the issue to twitter. I love this thing...so will just get a replacement unit...but man...talk about lame OOBE.

• used to have one. It was fun, but got tired of their interface. It could be great, but their business model is geared toward selling to apple
    store point of purchase customers, and selling sample packs, and restricts from unlocking the full potential of MPE. i sold it and bought a Sensel Morph. it’s much better. I use it daily, and love it.

• @eross said:
    used to have one. It was fun, but got tired of their interface. It could be great, but their business model is geared toward selling to apple
    store point of purchase customers, and selling sample packs, and restricts from unlocking the full potential of MPE. i sold it and bought a Sensel Morph. it’s much better. I use it daily, and love it.

I dunno...seems that the price of the soft synths are totally worth it to me...the stuff I'm getting out of Equator is mind blowing at best...

• @echoopera said:

@eross said:
    used to have one. It was fun, but got tired of their interface. It could be great, but their business model is geared toward selling to apple

I dunno...seems that the price of the soft synths are totally worth it to me...the stuff I'm getting out of Equator is mind blowing at best...

I would agree with that. the full version of Equator is pretty nice.

• @eross said:

@echoopera said:

@eross said:

I would agree with that. the full version of Equator is pretty nice.

It's truly a great time to be alive. The ability to play these type of instruments/controllers with this type of expression is just magical...I truly 'feel' what I am playing now on my devices.

Amazing :)

Here's another lunch time track using the Seaboard Block:

• still on the fence about the seaboard block, I really want one but I'm not interested in using the equator softwARe and people keep recommending as a regular controller not to get it :( . I was hoping it might be really nice on the go, spongy controller for drum pad stuff, very compact, and warm organic ergonomic feel to the touch.

• @kobamoto said:
    still on the fence about the seaboard block, I really want one but I'm not interested in using the equator softwARe and people keep recommending as a regular controller not to get it :( . I was hoping it might be really nice on the go, spongy controller for drum pad stuff, very compact, and warm organic ergonomic feel to the touch.

They usually have the larger ones @ Guitar Center. Call ahead and see if they have one. So far it's working great as a controller in GarageBand, Noise, Cubasis and a bit in BeatMaker3....

• yeah, hopefully get to spend some time with one soon, have you tried controlling anything with it via usb to midi din adapter by any chance?

• edited April 2018

@kobamoto said:
    yeah, hopefully get to spend some time with one soon, have you tried controlling anything with it via usb to midi din adapter by any chance?

Not yet...but I just watched a vid where they hooked up the seaboard block to a Moog Mother 32 via the USB to Midi connector...The BLOCKS Dashboard app allows you to customize the midi routing.

• thank you

• edited April 2018

I've had one for a few months now and really love it! I use it with the Noise app (the SWAM packs are fantastic to play), and I also play my modular wirelessly with it, using an Expert Sleepers FH-1 and Bluetooth dongle. It did take a little while to become comfortable with the playing surface, but I now find myself wiggling and sliding all over the place, and also trying to do the same when I play a regular keyboard!

• Really loving this thing so far...decided to explore Noise app a bit more, and well...it's really pretty nice...just wish I could load AUfx into the channels to make it sing even more.

Here's a little throw back dark electronica for your listening ears :)

• edited April 2018

You obviously haven’t seen my Seatar:

• @echoopera said:

@no1normal said:

Apologies! But better to be aware early. I took both back within a week cos I wouldn't want it to happen outside the warranty. I'm never tend to write reviews, good or bad.
    The truth is, I am what could be described as an original Apple fanboy (with 3 decades worth Mac products, most of my draws that look like an apple graveyard). I normally buy the first gen out of excitement. only for all the problems to be ironed out in the second generation.

I own first gen roil block. Then Apple release light lock m, within 1 year and the surface is much more expressive and soft (how it should have been on the first)

This really annoyed me, but now roli is affiliated with Apple I can hardly be supprised. I like the form factor and expressiveness. My partner was interested in learning to make tunes and is a beginner. Apple worked their magic (well the roli demo guys really should get paid more) an now our place is like a roli advert. She has the Beatmaker kit & all the controller blocks. The roli system is really good for beginners. Generally 1 button per function. It's limited and you pay Apple tax (so expensive), but it feels good quality.

The noise app is limited to internal synths and loops, but for a beginner that's fine.
    Integrating (midi mapping) the buttons to third party apps or programs is possible, so there is room to progress and with MPE becoming more common in new synths, I'm excited about the technology.

Bluetooth is as flawed as ever so there was loads of slow frustrating set up. It's new gear so that's to be expected and software updates show that roli are woking improving their app.

The lid peeling off this keyboard just seemed like it has been done cheaply. Obviously for the price it's just not good enough.

Again, sorry if I 'jinx' anyone lol! I'd prefer to be aware personally.

For context, one of the seaboards that peeled was being kept in a song maker kit case.

The light blocks I own do not peel.

Hopefully they glue the second generation seaboard block lids down correctly.

• Heheh. No worries @no1normal i exchanged the unit and got it a case so hopefully this will protect the glue flaw of the unit.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I own 2 of these babies. Having 4 octaves on hand is soooooo good. I love the expressivity of the patches.

>

What’s it like to be rich. ;)

But more seriously, I’d love to try one of these, though at the price I must agree with BiancaNeve. It’s too much for an experiment.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    I own 2 of these babies. Having 4 octaves on hand is soooooo good. I love the expressivity of the patches.

>

But more seriously, I’d love to try one of these, though at the price I must agree with BiancaNeve. It’s too much for an experiment.

Can you try this Roli gear at the Apple Store? The last time I went to the Apple Store was to buy a 2nd gen iPod. :D

• Anyone recording the midi data out of the seaboard on blockM into Auria or any other daw with Mpe apps like Animoog, model D, model15 or volt?

• @CracklePot said:
    Can you try this Roli gear at the Apple Store? The last time I went to the Apple Store was to buy a 2nd gen iPod. :D

>

Maybe, CP. If and when I can get there,

• edited April 2018

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Anyone recording the midi data out of the seaboard on blockM into Auria or any other daw with Mpe apps like Animoog, model D, model15 or volt?

Yep. Doing this with the following apps:
    BeatMaker3
    Cubasis
    GarageBand
    iMPC Pro2

Works great though i am not entirely sure if I’m getting 100% MPE support outside of GB.

• That is crazy looking. How are the ergonomics of about playing it?

• @Zen210507 said:

Well, you have more money, for a start.