Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastic Drums - just got it and love it like crazy

124»

Comments

• Just got this and having much fun, though can anyone explain how the offset works on the samples? I'm trying to lay out a drum loop using it so that I can then go back and mash it up but the common sense of putting 25% on the second beat, 50 on the third etc but there seems to be something odd like it's not mapped one to one or something?

Cheers

Chris

• Can anyone remember if a step has to be input on the sequencer, for roll/stutter effect function to be available? Or is it pos to to roll/stutter a beat without anything on sequencer?

Thanks.

• @BitterGums said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Anyway, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface. Especially after listening to the rest of the new Modest Mouse record, "Dimensional People." The album is pretty remarkable; it's like a cross between Can, Faust, Fela, Kendrick Lamar's jazzier excursions. At least a couple of the tracks on the album have ED as their base, so the app is capable of putting out airy, jazzy sounds.

ya mean Mouse On Mars

.. must have had the indie rock auto-correct on ..

Hilarious. I find Modest Mouse so irritating yet I make this mistake all the time.

• I also dig that album a lot. Wow, those guys have always been trailblazers but this is remarkably different from what they were doing 10+ years ago. I was very pleasantly surprised by Dimensional People, well worth checking out for those who like something genre-bending.

• edited June 2020

This app sounds crazy good indeed. But I have a strange problem with it on my iPad Mini 5.
    I can’t use the app in standalone mode without hearing a weird unwanted distortion sounds. When I’m using ED in Audiobus it’s all good, but in standalone mode, not.

I try all buffer possible and nothing works. The distorted sounds is always there on each sample, on each track on each beat. I tried all kinds of setup possible without success.

• edited June 2020

@Montreal_Music said:
    This app sounds crazy good indeed. But I have a strange problem with it on my iPad Mini 5.
    I can’t use the app in standalone mode without hearing a weird unwanted distortion sounds. When I’m using ED in Audiobus it’s all good, but in standalone mode, not.

I try all buffer possible and nothing works. The distorted sounds is always there on each sample, on each track on each beat. I tried all kinds of setup possible without success.

I found exactly this problem with ED on my own iPad mini 5 recently. I managed to get it to go away with a workaround like yourself, with AUM.

Strange though.

EDIT : Were you using headphones btw? I think I worked out that using Bluetooth headphones may also have been a factor in my case.

• I love this app but sync is always off with ableton link or iaa sync in AUM.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Montreal_Music said:

I found exactly this problem with ED on my own iPad mini 5 recently. I managed to get it to go away with a workaround like yourself, with AUM.

Strange though.

EDIT : Were you using headphones btw? I think I worked out that using Bluetooth headphones may also have been a factor in my case.

Yes, I was using headphone but no Bluetooth.

• Why the bug only happen with the iPad Mini 5?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Why the bug only happen with the iPad Mini 5?

My other devices are iOS 12, the mini is on 13 so I'm unable to specify if it's the device or OS.

• @Montreal_Music said:

This sounds like it could possibly be a sample rate issue. It could be that ED is picking up the wrong sample rate from the hardware when in standalone, but getting it correctly from Audiobus when it's loaded there. One test would be to force-close both apps and then clear memory or reboot. Then start Audiobus and note the sample rate. Then start ED standalone (not in Audiobus) and see if it plays correctly. If it does then this is probably the issue, and you can work around it by starting Audiobus first. You can then close Audiobus if you want to.

The next test would be to force-close all and clear memory or reboot, then start ED standalone first, followed by Audiobus, and checking the sample rate. If it has changed from the first test, then it would further confirm that ED is getting the sample rate wrong.

Just a guess, and to me not worth the trouble. I would simply load it in Audiobus. There's no reason not to, IMO.

• @wim said:

@Montreal_Music said:

This sounds like it could possibly be a sample rate issue. It could be that ED is picking up the wrong sample rate from the hardware when in standalone, but getting it correctly from Audiobus when it's loaded there. One test would be to force-close both apps and then clear memory or reboot. Then start Audiobus and note the sample rate. Then start ED standalone (not in Audiobus) and see if it plays correctly. If it does then this is probably the issue, and you can work around it by starting Audiobus first. You can then close Audiobus if you want to.

The next test would be to force-close all and clear memory or reboot, then start ED standalone first, followed by Audiobus, and checking the sample rate. If it has changed from the first test, then it would further confirm that ED is getting the sample rate wrong.

Just a guess, and to me not worth the trouble. I would simply load it in Audiobus. There's no reason not to, IMO.

Thanks for your help. I tried all the test you suggested me and I still have the problem. Like you said, I will always load ED in Audiobus.

• I wonder if the dev Oliver has had other reports about this already @elasticdrums

• @tpj said:
    I love this app but sync is always off with ableton link or iaa sync in AUM.

same. total buzz kill. i rarely use it for this reason. really hoping for AU update sometime