Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM is this possible?

I wanna hear a channel with effects but send another channel to Cubasis dry. How do I do this?

I don’t want to print the effects to the channel in Cubasis as I might change the effects or the order in the future.

Thanks!

Comments

• Put a Bus Send to the Cubasis track before the FX.

• Put no FX except a bus send on the dry channel. Put a bus send in the FX slot and turn it all the way up. Make a channel with the input as the bus from the above channel send and put your FX there.

• @wim said:
    Put no FX except a bus send on the dry channel. Put a bus send in the FX slot and turn it all the way up. Make a channel with the input as the bus from the above channel send and put your FX there.

It’s like we have mirror image ideas. :)

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

I didn’t show an input on the first AUM channel, but this would be your Audio interface input or the microphone.

• Guys if anyone would kindly do a screenshot, I’m more visual and I can save it too in my notes. Thanks!

• @CracklePot said:

@wim said:
    Put no FX except a bus send on the dry channel. Put a bus send in the FX slot and turn it all the way up. Make a channel with the input as the bus from the above channel send and put your FX there.

It’s like we have mirror image ideas. :)

Humm ... yours may be a bit more intuitive. They both get the job done. B)

• Sweet! So in this way I can send both effected and dry signals to Cubasis! Wow soooooo awesome! :)

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

@MusicMan4Christ Normally I would put only the dry signal into Cubasis, and put the FX in Cubasis. Cubasis is going to record the dry input, then apply the FX to it. This leaves you free to mess with the FX without having to re-record the audio each time. You can also leverage Freeze, etc.

Not sure why you want to do it the way you're asking, but yes, you can do it.

• It’s cause I’m AUM I created a really awesome Effects chain that is processing the guitar and it sounds sweet but I can have that many insert effects in Cubasis.

• @wim said:
    @MusicMan4Christ Normally I would put only the dry signal into Cubasis, and put the FX in Cubasis. Cubasis is going to record the dry input, then apply the FX to it. This leaves you free to mess with the FX without having to re-record the audio each time. You can also leverage Freeze, etc.

Not sure why you want to do it the way you're asking, but yes, you can do it.

Makes perfect sense to do as you say. I would do FX in Cubasis as well.

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    It’s cause I’m AUM I created a really awesome Effects chain that is processing the guitar and it sounds sweet but I can have that many insert effects in Cubasis.

And yes, this makes perfect sense too. :)