Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SCAM ALERT: New "Wavetable Synthesizer" App w/ AudioBus

Sorry for posting this on the forum again. It looks like someone beat me to it...

There's a new app on the app store that is an upload of the AudioKit Synth Example code.

They're charging $8.99. Then $1/week to your credit card.
The information to cancel says call 1234567890. (i.e. Fake contact information)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wavetable-synthesizer-analog/id1372466553?mt=8

Not sure where the money is going. It looks like fake contact info. But, I assure you that none of that money is going back to AudioKit.

If you want the app, you can download the same app absolutely FREE from Aure's (founder of AudioKit) account:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/analog-synth-x/id1076476110?mt=8

Plus, the source code is also free in the AudioKit Github.

Comments

• Man , it is even worse than it sounds in the other thread discussing this issue. Fake company, too.
    Can Apple shut this scam down?

• @CracklePot said:
    Man , it is even worse than it sounds in the other thread discussing this issue. Fake company, too.

I wonder how it got through in the first place, especially with the fake contact info...

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

Seeing as how Apple gets a cut either way, maybe they're less motivated than we might think. Probably they'll catch up though.

• edited April 2018

Dirty rotten b-stard can go screw himself. Thanks for the heads up @analog_matt and @Littlewoodg . :)

• edited April 2018

@analog_matt said:
    Sorry for posting this on the forum again. It looks like someone beat me to it...

There's a new app on the app store that is an upload of the AudioKit Synth Example code.

They're charging $8.99. Then $1/week to your credit card.
    The information to cancel says call 1234567890. (i.e. Fake contact information)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wavetable-synthesizer-analog/id1372466553?mt=8

Not sure where the money is going. It looks like fake contact info. But, I assure you that none of that money is going back to AudioKit.

If you want the app, you can download the same app absolutely FREE from Aure's (founder of AudioKit) account:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/analog-synth-x/id1076476110?mt=8

Plus, the source code is also free in the AudioKit Github.

There have been 2 other attempts at the same scam with your code but smaller potatoes (99¢), both by Subrata Mazumder

One is called “Digital Piano Sound Synthesizer”:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digital-piano-sound-synthesizer-advance-midi-melody/id1150496439?mt=8

The other one is called “Music Synthesizer Piano Full Features Midi Melody Keyboard”
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/music-synthesizer-piano-full-features-midi-melody-keyboard/id1144087425?mt=8

• Heh heh. This one is me. :)

• edited April 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Heh heh. This one is me. :)

That’s one big ice lolly you got there :D

Edit...ahh I see now it is a rolling pin lol

• edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    That’s one big ice lolly you got there :D

Edit...ahh I see now it is a rolling pin lol

Thumbs up for the laugh these 3 posts gave me! :) :) :)

• @SevenSystems said:

@CracklePot said:
    Man , it is even worse than it sounds in the other thread discussing this issue. Fake company, too.

I wonder how it got through in the first place, especially with the fake contact info...

That is why it is called "organized crime" versus petty stuff.

Scary to say the least.

Fake news.

Fake apps.

Fake companies.

Fake boobs.

Well not all things fake are bad I suppose.

• @RUST( i )K said:

That is why it is called "organized crime" versus petty stuff.

Scary to say the least.

Fake news.

Fake apps.

Fake companies.

Fake boobs.

Well not all things fake are bad I suppose.

Yes Fake News is good for a laugh.....

All joking aside this is not good for Apple Review team, they stop apps getting through due to not being optimised for iPhoneX and have developers (@Brambos) considering not supporting the device...yet this gets through ?

I'm not a legal expert but, if as per the terms and conditions we are renting the software from Apple.....is it not Apple who are effectively responsible for this rip off attempt by not preventing it and offering the app for rental ?

How are they going to handle refund requests for those who are caught out by this ?...they should just refund without question...and it should not be counted alongside your refunds on legitimate apps, which will cause you to have to contact them for refunds in the future.

I also wonder how many other apps have been targeted in this way so far undetected.

• @analog_matt

I found this... it’s stunning how cheeky AppStore has become.

• What really sucks is that you’d have to buy the copy cat app in order to leave a bad review about the wanna be developers cash grab of someone else’s work. This seems like a glitch in the App Store they need to fix.

• edited April 2018

Thanks everyone for looking out! I'm staying positive and looking to the future.

Working on the upcoming open-source AudioKit Synth a little each day...

• What about some way, where WE could spend some coffee to the real developers?

• Man, I´m not a subscription type, but for YOU, i would even run a (small) subscription!

• edited April 2018

You would think that there is some report button, but no :/ Maybe @analog_matt should contact apple store and tell them that apple is selling your product illegally and that you want all profits made with the app. Im pretty sure its apple who does the sales(hence is responsible), not the devs themselves. If enough devs start doing this, maybe they start to pay more attention or at least add a report button

• @ToMess - Great minds think alike, we contacted the App Store about the "Melody King" app last year. Apple didn't do anything about it...

@tja said:
    Man, I´m not a subscription type, but for YOU, i would even run a (small) subscription!

Thank you, you're very kind!

We'll have some IAP purchases of new sounds in the next version of FM Player. Also, we will have AudioKit T-shirts available starting next week. 100% of the proceeds will go back to supporting the AudioKit project

• Add a "coffee" IAP!
    Can be bought anytime when the feeling is there.

I don´t wear T-Shirts :-(

But i will those IAP!

• @analog_matt said:
    @ToMess - Great minds think alike, we contacted the App Store about the "Melody King" app last year. Apple didn't do anything about it...

@tja said:
    Man, I´m not a subscription type, but for YOU, i would even run a (small) subscription!

We'll have some IAP purchases of new sounds in the next version of FM Player. Also, we will have AudioKit T-shirts available starting next week. 100% of the proceeds will go back to supporting the AudioKit project

I don't suppose you have the T-shirt in other colors? I have this neurological disorder that renders the logo on any black T-shirt worn by a musician as "Zildjian." I suppose the accompanying aroma of bongwater is just synesthesia, though.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@analog_matt said:
    @ToMess - Great minds think alike, we contacted the App Store about the "Melody King" app last year. Apple didn't do anything about it...

@tja said:

I don't suppose you have the T-shirt in other colors? I have this neurological disorder that renders the logo on any black T-shirt worn by a musician as "Zildjian." I suppose the accompanying aroma of bongwater is just synesthesia, though.

EDIT: I'll buy it anyway, though.

• @analog_matt said:

I realise it is David and (super)Goliath, but is there any possibility of threatening Apple with Legal action? Maybe one of those no win no fee types, who fancies his chances of getting a huge scalp.

Or how about the national press? Apple coludes to defraud altruistic developer, should be of interest to the media.

• edited April 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@analog_matt said:

I realise it is David and (super)Goliath, but is there any possibility of threatening Apple with Legal action? Maybe one of those no win no fee types, who fancies his chances of getting a huge scalp.

Or how about the national press? Apple coludes to defraud altruistic developer, should be of interest to the media.

Yea i think they just need to be pushed a bit. Provide evidences that this is illegal in your country(apple needs to comply to your countries laws afaik), then just ask them if they want to lose tons of money and have bad press due to easy win in court, or if they will pay few dimes and start making sure that this sort of things dont happen again.

• @Zen210507 said:

@analog_matt said:

We don't really think Apple colluded to defraud the developer, do we? Did I miss something? It's some shithead who exploited a gap in the system and was in short order caught and rebuked. Or is there more to the story?

• I doubt he’s sold many copy’s. Probably even zero as there are no reviews from any country.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    We don't really think Apple colluded to defraud the developer, do we?

>

Technically, by ignoring Matt’s communications concerning said shithead’s behaviour, they are colluding. Albeit unintentionally. I can’t imagine Apple doing this with intent, as that would be ridiculous.

Perhaps involving the law and the threat of bad publicity, might concentrate Apple minds to do the right thing.

• edited April 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Zen210507 said:

@analog_matt said:

We don't really think Apple colluded to defraud the developer, do we? Did I miss something? It's some shithead who exploited a gap in the system and was in short order caught and rebuked. Or is there more to the story?

They sell it and hence have a legal responcibility for it. Not sure how the laws go in usa, but if i were to sue apple, i would do it from my country and apple would need to comply to my countrys laws as they sell the product in my country and laws in usa are irrelevant.

• @ToMess said:
    They sell it and hence have a legal responcibility for it. Not sure how the laws go in usa, but if i were to sue apple, i would do it from my country and apple would need to comply to my countrys laws as they sell the product in my country and laws in usa are irrelevant.

>

This is correct.

I would also refer the forum to the recent change of heart, whereby Apple stopped issuing legally unenforceable notices to UK (and likely elsewhere) App Store customers, telling us that we could not get a refund.

Under UK law, not only can stuff sold at a distance by a company be returned simply because the customer doesn’t like it, but if goods are ‘not fit for purpose’ then a refund is the purchasers right.

In reality, very few customers take the piss by returning goods just for the hell of it, and only return stuff if it actually doesn’t work. So by sending out intimidating and meaningless notices Apple were not doing themselves any favours. It looks like, eventually, someone realised this. :)