Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Someone’s copied the free Analog Synth X and is selling it (again) this time for $8.99 US

Two other devs have used the open source code to resell the free synth ($1-$2). This dude’s selling it for $8.99, with the option to subscribe for $1 a week...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wavetable-synthesizer-analog/id1372466553?mt=8&uo=2&partnerId=11&at=10laCr

Compare to original Analog Synth X description

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/analog-synth-x/id1076476110?mt=8

Comments

• edited April 2018

At least the same person also offers a "Penny Meter" money saving app :)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    with the option to subscribe for $1 a week...

😂

• Seriously, fuck this guy. Wow, that is just shitty karma, and shitty for music.

• Unbelievable

• Are these people in actual violation of something, or just pulling a total dick move? Just wondering because of the open source status of the Analog Synth X code.

• As if open-source developers don't have it bad enough.

That person could at least kick me back a couple of bucks. :D

• @CracklePot said:
    Are these people in actual violation of something, or just pulling a total dick move? Just wondering because of the open source status of the Analog Synth X code.

Great points.

Yes, they are total jack-a-maroos.
    Yes, they're violating Apple's terms of service.
    The App Store does not allow "templates" or "me too" apps. Meaning, people need to at least change the graphics before they upload Analog Synth X.

These apps hurt consumers, as they have to pay for an app they could get for free.
    Also, it looks like they're using old code. Meaning, people are paying for an inferior app.

It's bad news for iOS Music. And, bad for open-source.
    Developers are not motivated to contribute when the code is straight up exploited.

• @analog_matt said:

@CracklePot said:
    Are these people in actual violation of something, or just pulling a total dick move? Just wondering because of the open source status of the Analog Synth X code.

Great points.

The App Store does not allow "templates" or "me too" apps. Meaning, people need to at least change the graphics before they upload Analog Synth X.

These apps hurt consumers, as they have to pay for an app they could get for free.
    Also, it looks like they're using old code. Meaning, people are paying for an inferior app.

Developers are not motivated to contribute when the code is straight up exploited.

Dude, that totally sucks. I know you create this open source code to help others and the iOS music community, and it is infuriating that someone would see this as an opportunity to exploit your efforts. Hopefully Apple shuts this fake dev down immediately.

Thanks for the details about open source code. I know it is meant to be shared, but this is straight up stolen.

• @CracklePot said:

@analog_matt said:

@CracklePot said:

Great points.

Dude, that totally sucks. I know you create this open source code to help others and the iOS music community, and it is infuriating that someone would see this as an opportunity to exploit your efforts. Hopefully Apple shuts this fake dev down immediately.

Thanks for the details about open source code. I know it is meant to be shared, but this is straight up stolen.

Anything we can do as a community to bring this to Apple’s app department’s attention?

• Thanks. Dropped them a quick “you suck” email.

• edited April 2018

Gadzooks, that site looks like an attempt to fake people out.
    i.e. The email address is "[email protected]"

• I believe this is a job for Reddit.

• edited April 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I believe this is a job for Reddit.

:o

That’s a good idea. Maybe the iOS Facebook group, too, if any members see this.

• edited April 2018

@analog_matt said:
    As if open-source developers don't have it bad enough.

That person could at least kick me back a couple of bucks. :D

>

What a tosser. If it was under a fiver I’d be tempted to buy, so I could leave him a suitable review.

• Are they trying to look look douchebags, cause that’s what douchebags look like.

• @robertreynolds said:

Are they trying to look look douchebags, cause that’s what douchebags look like.

Looks like they're the stock images that were included with the Wordpress template.

• @brambos said:

@robertreynolds said:

Are they trying to look look douchebags, cause that’s what douchebags look like.

Looks like they're the stock images that were included with the Wordpress template.

Yeah!
    Same guy, same pictures are used in an commersial from a Swedish moviecompany...

THIS IS A FAKE SITE!

We have to stop Luca Jaeger now!

• Perhaps some Jaeger Bombs would help !

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Perhaps some Jaeger Bombs would help !

>

Name reminds me of encountering a motorcycle club, in my hotel during a holiday in Slovenia.

They were the ‘Kaiser Jaeger Tour’ and were a actally a very well-heeled group of middle-aged German businessmen, driving top of the range Harley-Davidson’s. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Perhaps some Jaeger Bombs would help !

>

Name reminds me of encountering a motorcycle club, in my hotel during a holiday in Slovenia.

They were the ‘Kaiser Jaeger Tour’ and were a actally a very well-heeled group of middle-aged German businessmen, driving top of the range Harley-Davidson’s. :)

That just conjured up an image of a pin stripe suit with a KJT patch stitched to the back :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    That just conjured up an image of a pin stripe suit with a KJT patch stitched to the back :D

>

Honestly, you are pretty close to how they looked in the evening. During the day, they were out and about, dressed like a biker gang , yet stopping to help little old ladies. :D

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

>

Honestly, you are pretty close to how they looked in the evening. During the day, they were out and about, dressed like a biker gang , yet stopping to help little old ladies. :D

That just seems wrong. Have they never watched Sons of Anarchy ?

• edited April 2018

I try to stay positive during things like this. And, keep working on more open-source code...

On a positive note: Here's a fun preview of the delay in the upcoming AudioKit open-source synth. I can barely wait for people to steal this code. It's much better! B)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

>

That just seems wrong. Have they never watched Sons of Anarchy ?

"Trust me; it's the right move!"

Uh...yeah...sure...Jax...

• @analog_matt said:
    I try to stay positive during things like this. And, keep working on more open-source code...

On a positive note: Here's a fun preview of the delay in the upcoming AudioKit open-source synth. I can barely wait for people to steal this code. It's much better! B)

With a sequencer?! When is this coming?

• The Offensive App has been removed from the App Store...another community success I'd say😃😅😊🤓😂👍😁😎🤪😝👌

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    The Offensive App has been removed from the App Store...another community success I'd say😃😅😊🤓😂👍😁😎🤪😝👌

@thesoundtestroom That's amazing!

Thanks, everyone!