Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg’s Next Move for iOS?

Just bored and wondering what Korg’s next move for iOS will be. Will we have an update to Gadget that expands upon the effects available to use? Will we have more KaPRO libraries in Module? Will it be an entirely new Gadget-compatible synth to play with? I checked Google, and aside from a cheap April Fool’s prank (iMono/Poly’s optional Monopoly GUI), I can’t find much of anything. I’m wondering if anybody else here heard any rumblings. Cheers. :sunglasses:

Comments

• edited April 2018

I'm hoping and praying that they tweak the pianoroll to look the same as Gadget for Mac for aesthetic and utilitarian reasons.

I also want things like latch mode for the arpeggiator, deeper chord functions, better automation editing, and looping/copy/pasting multiple sections in song arrangement.

I also want the ability to jump between scenes by way of a scene selector in the transport bar.

And I want FILES SUPPORT!!!!!

• Yupyup, Files is some tastey low hanging fruit that I am sure will get in soonerish rather than laterish.

• I doubt we’ll know anything until it’s in the AppStore or about to be

• edited April 2018

It’s been over 5 months since the last major update, and Korg usually deliver an update every 3-6 months. I just hope the cross platform nature of Gadget isn’t stifling development. I’d very much like to see the incremental improvements stated above, but new gadgets would be very welcome! :)

• What ever it is I'll have store-credits waiting :)
    (Files.app support, Curves for automation editing with option on/off for the curve similar Electribe's Smooth & Stepped mode and maybe even bi-directional AUv3 support along with other improvements to the sequencer, more selection & modify tools and a linear-mode in addition to 'scenes').

There may be some other 'knock me down' updates that could drop soon...

• edited April 2018

The ability to play tracks and scenes in a similar style to Ampify/Novation Launchpad would be great for live performances. And, I doubt this will ever happen but, an AUv3 host gadget and an AUv3 effect slot or two for each track. Imagine throwing in Model D or Zeeon into a Gadget project, or being able to use FAC effects. I doubt the last two will happen because it erodes the cross platform usability.

• If you guys don’t get the upgrades to the piano roll you are desiring, I suggest you try pairing Xequence with Gadget. Sometimes I wonder if Gadget was the target @SevenSystems was primarily thinking of when he came up with the idea for a super sequencer app.

• @CracklePot full disclosure: yes, it was. I myself tried Gadget in April 2017 while still searching for a stable, flexible enough, integrated DAW for EDM production. Gadget had everything except the DAW (read: sequencer) part (I don't really consider that "scenes" stuff "real" sequencing, but I'm old), so... born was Xequence :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @CracklePot full disclosure: yes, it was. I myself tried Gadget in April 2017 while still searching for a stable, flexible enough, integrated DAW for EDM production. Gadget had everything except the DAW (read: sequencer) part (I don't really consider that "scenes" stuff "real" sequencing, but I'm old), so... born was Xequence :)

The Alpha demo kind of tipped me off. ;)
    I swear, Xequence does so many things that you wish were in Gadget, and it connects so easily into a Gadget centric workflow. I can’t recommend it highly enough for the Gadget fans, especially iPhone users, since Xequence is on the short list of Universal apps as well.

• edited April 2018

@CracklePot yeah... the app really grew alongside Gadget all the time. However, returning back to topic (at least a bit) -- what I still dearly miss in Gadget is CC automation of insert effects, and more insert effects overall, both in max number per channel and variety. For example I don't understand why all the effects available inside, for example, London are not available as channel inserts. Oh, and the channel EQ is REALLY, really basic. And, a stereo enhancer effect. And the ability to insert effects into the master channel. OK, I'm done now ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @CracklePot yeah... the app really grew alongside Gadget all the time. However, returning back to topic (at least a bit) -- what I still dearly miss in Gadget is CC automation of insert effects, and more insert effects overall, both in max number per channel and variety. For example I don't understand why all the effects available inside, for example, London are not available as channel inserts. Oh, and the channel EQ is REALLY, really basic. And, a stereo enhancer effect. And the ability to insert effects into the master channel. OK, I'm done now ;)

That sounds like they need a pure FX Gadget that can be all about quality FX, instead of FX tacked on to a particular Gadget in a minimal implementation. Some multi-FX gadgets sure would be nice.

• My Thoughts
    -ability to use AU synths and effects
    -a REAL sampler where we can import a whole song and chop it
    -ability to sample gadgets within the app.
    -ability to re-sample on the fly while playing or adding effects
    -ability to sample AU plugins
    -faster preview of imported samples in Bilbao
    -import Drag and Drop from list to pads for drum samples in Bilbao
    -New sampler app should have 12bit, Sp1200, mpc60 mode
    -Fix midi import which is currently broken allowing the user to import midi files in a linear manner as opposed to the currently
    breaking the midi files into pieces and arranging it in a vertical manner.
    -tape simulator, vinyl simulator, bit crusher gadget
    -ability to send gadgets through each other for processing
    almost forgot the kitchen sink...lol!

• Agreed with all comments above. I would also like them to enable that 4 split screen mode on iPad Pro 12 9" models.

• I'd like to use korgs other apps inside gadget, especially ikaossilator.

• Also kaosspad.

• edited April 2018

I’d like to see a stretch to tempo on imported audio loops so that I can change the tempo of a song without losing the loop sync.

I’d also like to see improvements to the way things work with audio track recording beyond 16 bars.

• My vote is for a Korg DW8000

• My gut says they're moving to Android. [burp]

Could be something I had for lunch.

• @lovadamusic said:
    My gut says they're moving to Android. [burp]

Could be something I had for lunch.

Could be. iKaossillator is already in the Play Store. It would suit me better than that port to Nintendo Switch.

• @lovadamusic said:

Android... so I guess when you hit a key in Dublin, you’ll hear the sound by the time you’re going to bed? :D (sorry... I know it has gotten better)

• @SevenSystems said:

@lovadamusic said:

Android... so I guess when you hit a key in Dublin, you’ll hear the sound by the time you’re going to bed? :D (sorry... I know it has gotten better)

Maybe the next morning! :D

• Korg wave drum would also be pretty sweet

• @SevenSystems said:

@lovadamusic said:

I used to always use Android phones while sticking with iPad tablets. I got tired of the Android infrastructure and lack of decent music apps (save for Xewton Music Studio and Caustic) and the lagginess. :smile:

• Id like an iKaossilator interface built into gadget, maybe as an alternate keyboard.

Also its been ages since they've added a soundbank to iKaossialor, we need more but Im not holding my breath.

I wonder what will happen if Korg ports previous apps like polysix and ms-20 to gadget. Would previous standalone owners get the gadget for free? That could be a pretty big chunk of their market they don't want to give away. On the other hand those apps are getting long in the tooth anyways, this could revitalize a dying product thats already been made.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Id like an iKaossilator interface built into gadget, maybe as an alternate keyboard.

Also its been ages since they've added a soundbank to iKaossialor, we need more but Im not holding my breath.

Just curious, do you have GR16 Groove Rider?

• @AudioGus said:

Just looked at the web site and it looks cool but Im not really keen on picking up more grooveboxes.
    Is it particularly good?

• @SevenSystems said:

+1

• edited April 2018

I just want KORG to give ODYSSEi Ableton Link support so I can sync the amazing built in ARP SEQUENCER re-creation to one of my favorite iOS DAWs.

• @1nsomniak said:

@AudioGus said:

Just looked at the web site and it looks cool but Im not really keen on picking up more grooveboxes.
    Is it particularly good?

It is like an iKaossilator / iElectribe but with a far juicier sound engine etc. And seems like it will be well supported and grow. Only had it two days now but i am finding it awesome and magical.

• I am happy, more than happy, with the toys and tools, what I'd like more than anything is less-power-hungry-juice-gobbling. It's got to the point I can all but see the battery running down as I'm playing....