Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video recording application with audiobus input?

Is there any video recording application with audiobus input support? ? I just want to record a guitar playing video with BIAS FX or Amplitube sound. I searched through the app store but I couldn't find any app doing that. That's strange.

Comments

• iRig Recorder does this as far as I know.

• edited April 2018

Not sure if it supports Audiobus but check this out (comes with an app):
    https://www.google.com/search?q=itrack+pocket

• I do that with AUM. I just open the app in AUM and have it working in the background and then open the regular camera app. It records the audio from AUM.

• I was thinking screen recording, but you guys are just talking about regular video recording with the camera I see. Darn. :/

• @nothumanatall said:
    I do that with AUM. I just open the app in AUM and have it working in the background and then open the regular camera app. It records the audio from AUM.

iOS camera app records AUM audio??? That would be magic. Not for me, just awful noise. Of course, just record separately and merge the audio in post-production. But it would be nice if we could skip that step.

• @Hmtx said:

@nothumanatall said:
    I do that with AUM. I just open the app in AUM and have it working in the background and then open the regular camera app. It records the audio from AUM.

iOS camera app records AUM audio??? That would be magic. Not for me, just awful noise. Of course, just record separately and merge the audio in post-production. But it would be nice if we could skip that step.

Yeah I do that without any issues using my iPhone 6s (ios 10), irig hd2, Bias fx (or JamUp or abut other app), and AUM.
    I configure the AUM and go back to the main screen. The red bar appears at the top of the screen, and I can still monitor the output. The camera app records the same output.

• The camera app of my Air-2 (IOS-9) crashes in video mode when the iCA4+ is connected, strange - even stranger: one can start/stop recording with the volume level buttons.
    What a glorious idea of nonsense...

• Great question— I was wondering the same thing. Can someone confirm if the AUM app does actually use the audiobus input, with the regular audio input from the iPhone mics ? Cause I’m just wondering how it would conceivably be set up.

• edited April 2018

Simply doesn’t work for me. I tried a simple AUM setup.

Camera app captures plain mic audio, with no FX from AUM.

• I’m on iPad Pro 2015.

iOS 11.2.6

• How about recording to a separate audio app then adding to the video after?

• @1nsomniak ideally it would be a video editing app on iOS that allows us to just throw effects on like audiobus... alternatively, the iRig recorder does allow audiobus in, its just a very clunky app that’s not updated...

I really hope someone can just make audiobus / AudioShare or something be recognized by the native iOS camera like that would be ideal!

• @1nsomniak said:
    How about recording to a separate audio app then adding to the video after?

I’ve tried this and sync is always wonky.

• Anyone have anyluck with aum feeding to camera. I would buy in an instant if this will indeed work but it is too expensive to find it doesnt...

• Not sure if this helps anyone here but it has been a hoot/blast for me...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27550/how-to-record-ios-screen-captures-in-stereo

• @AndyP4 said:
    Anyone have anyluck with aum feeding to camera. I would buy in an instant if this will indeed work but it is too expensive to find it doesnt...

Just tested in iOS 12 beta, and it doesn’t work. @nothumanatall are you sure it’s not just playing from the speaker, and recording that sound through the mic?

• edited August 2018

@mistercharlie said:

@AndyP4 said:
    Anyone have anyluck with aum feeding to camera. I would buy in an instant if this will indeed work but it is too expensive to find it doesnt...

Just tested in iOS 12 beta, and it doesn’t work. @nothumanatall are you sure it’s not just playing from the speaker, and recording that sound through the mic?

Like I mentioned before, I record with AUM and the regular camera app with my phone (iOS 10) and it records the sound from my interface. I'm not using any speakers and monitor with headphones. I'm sure the input sound gets recorded into the video and nothing else. I'll try it again with my up to date iPad tonight.

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:

@1nsomniak said:
    How about recording to a separate audio app then adding to the video after?

I’ve tried this and sync is always wonky.

Here is my order of making music videos:
    1. Firstly I create a background audio. Usually I use on of my SessionBand apps.
    2. I make a relevant music material (audio or midi file: DI for guitar or midi for drums or synth).
    3. Copy audio/ midi to the DAW or audio recorder (I like Auria and AudioShare) and tap “record”.
    4. Start iOS screen recorder and so something with some of my music apps.
    5. So I make a video and audio files
    6. Usually I process my audio with limiter (Lurssen Mastering Console is my choice).
    7. Join audio and video files in any video editor (LumaFusion the best!)
    8. Download it on YouTube.

Find several examples below:

• @nothumanatall said:

@mistercharlie said:

@AndyP4 said:

Like I mentioned before, I record with AUM and the regular camera app with my phone (iOS 10) and it records the sound from my interface. I'm not using any speakers and monitor with headphones. I'm sure the input sound gets recorded into the video and nothing else. I'll try it again with my up to date iPad tonight.

Ah ha! I didn’t get the audio interface part. Yes, mine works too, like that.

• @nothumanatall said:

@mistercharlie said:

@AndyP4 said:

As you said I set up it,but Could you tell me why my video is no FX from Bias ,just the clear tone from the interface,Can’t record the video with Bias FX

• @Crossroads1994 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@mistercharlie said:

@AndyP4 said:

As you said I set up it,but Could you tell me why my video is no FX from Bias ,just the clear tone from the interface,Can’t record the video with Bias FX

I’m not sure. I had no issues when I did that but haven’t tried it in a while.

• @nothumanatall said:

@Crossroads1994 said:

@nothumanatall said:

@mistercharlie said:

@AndyP4 said:

I’m not sure. I had no issues when I did that but haven’t tried it in a while.

Thanks anyway ,now i use the multi effects into the interface ,and use AUM as a Monitor ,it’s also a good way to record guitar video