Is there a manual for ReSlice?

I’d like to get to know it a bit more on a technical level but I can’t find a manual on their site. Anyone know if there’s one in existence or any kind of technical resource for it (specifically for the arpeggiator)

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • I didn't find a proper one, but there's in-app help - you can tap the question mark (top right corner) then 'tap to read more...'

The 'key', 'note' and 'octave' stuff in that arp matrix can be pretty confusing! From what I've gathered, all of the pitching stuff within the arp section relates to triggers and has nothing to do with pitch, which if you're musically-minded might lead to a bit of head-scratching:

• 'Key' relates to the key(s) that you, the user have pressed. These are your triggers. So far as I can tell, the reference numbers in the key matrix (1–8) relate to the 'lowness', or the position left to right along the keyboard (not the order in which you've pressed them). If you have a number selected, you'll only trigger that one. If you have 'all' selected, you will trigger them all. I don't think there's an in-between.

• 'Octave' and 'Note' both appear to be trigger offsets (i.e. +2 means trigger the slice 2 positions to the right, rather than 'pitch up this slice by 2 semitones')

• 'Pitch' (in that row along the bottom) will offset all of the triggers for a track.

If you find a real manual, I'd love to grab it too.

• Hang on, I've neglected the 'pitch mode' (I tend to sequence from elsewhere tbh - still want a manual, though).

• Thanks for the insights. Yeah this is definitely an app in need of a manual!

• @OscarSouth said:
    I’d like to get to know it a bit more on a technical level but I can’t find a manual on their site. Anyone know if there’s one in existence or any kind of technical resource for it (specifically for the arpeggiator)

What do you want to know about?

DirkAudioDabbler has a good one on this.

I make whole songs with this app.

Shoot me a PM if you want..

Or here.

Up to you.............

• ReSlice is like Egoist express for me.

There is a chromatic mode as well.

Key is long press on this app for menus that I didn't know about

• I'm getting to grips with it. I'm sure there's infinite more depth to explore but it's at least now 'behaving as expected'.

Let me know if there are any hidden tricks in there that are not obvious!

• Using the arp correctly is really obscure. I use everything in Reslice just like I want except arp for which I use random features.