Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone Up for a Hip Hop Challenge?

Found a good source of acapellas on youtube: Mass Appeal Stairwell Freestyles
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mass+appeal+stairwell+freestyle

One thing thats nice for iOS sampling is they're short and sweet, only around 1 min long.
Ive found one that sounds cool over a weird dubstep track Ive been working on but one could easily just throw a funky beat together.

I can upload it soon, anyone else want to try?

Comments

• Hah! Weird. I was just thinking I should post asking if anyone knew of a good source of hip hop acapellas. :)

• His Jay Z sounds more like Woody Allen :smiley:

• edited May 2018

Found another acapella freestyle channel/playlist, theses ones are longer and better recordings than the stairwell ones.

Edit: just discovered you can turn on CC for the words

• edited May 2018

@1nsomniak : You’re right but the fact of the matter is I only do the really old skool rappers. (They wouldn’t let me do anything original ).. They insisted I do Jay Z even though that’s obviously not one I can do .. But you only cited what I did poorly, not what I did well. In case you don’t think I did anything well, it’s VERY difficult to get on shows like that .. so I must have been done something right.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @1nsomniak : You’re right but the fact of the matter is I only do the really old skool rappers. (They wouldn’t let me do anything original ).. They insisted I do Jay Z even though that’s obviously not one I can do .. But you only cited what I did poorly, not what I did well. In case you don’t think I did anything well, it’s VERY difficult to get on shows like that .. so I must have been done something right.

Sorry man, I had no idea that was you! Just thought it was some random internet video or I would have chosen my words more thoughtfully. I was actually impressed with the other impressions, the digital underground was spot on. Also looks like a fun show to be on.

• @Telstar5 said:

that shit was freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

• thanks for posting Telstar

• Thanks @kobamoto and @1nsomniak : I was on America’s Got Talent too but it never aired. I’ll try again maybe next year. I’m a jazz musician by trade , obviously I’m not a Bona fife rapper. But I WAS good enough to have the one and only Rakim fall out laughing when he heard me imitate his voice.. Yeah that JayZ DID suck, though. But the Oherrell part of it was good I must say.

• I enjoyed all so you should release a mixtape ;)

• edited May 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    But I WAS good enough to have the one and only Rakim fall out laughing when he heard me imitate his voice.

When you said you were more of an old school guy, I was wondering what your Rakim was like. That’s an amazing moment. Also would like to hear your Kool Moe Dee...

• @Dubbylabby ,I’m not sure if you were addressing me, but if you were, thanks.. If you weren’t , then...duuuuh.... lol🤪

• @1nsomniak i have a quick questioned, are you sampling YouTube directly in your iPad without another device or computer? How do you do that! Thanks for advice!

• edited May 2018

@Telstar5 said:

Dude! You rock! :smiley:
    Digital Underground was so awesome. lol

And LL Cool J :lol:

• edited May 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @Dubbylabby ,I’m not sure if you were addressing me, but if you were, thanks.. If you weren’t , then...duuuuh.... lol🤪

It was, it was... so be proud bráh! :wink:

• @1nsomniak said:

I'm in! And want to hear your track when you're done, bro! :smile:

What about the usage rights, are they ok to use?

• @david_2017 said:
    @1nsomniak i have a quick questioned, are you sampling YouTube directly in your iPad without another device or computer? How do you do that! Thanks for advice!

I'm using the top site when I googled "Youtube to Wav" and downloading to my computer but you could download to your iPad using the documents app I think.

• @senhorlampada said:

@1nsomniak said:

I'm in! And want to hear your track when you're done, bro! :smile:

What about the usage rights, are they ok to use?

I ended up using the raps more as interludes in longer songs but have a couple almost ready to go.

No we do not have usage rights so try not to get too famous, or just work things out if you do :)

• @Telstar5 :o :) B)
    I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom...
    That was the shit. Fuck racism and racist stereotypes,
    But I like that you are having so much fun doing that for the crowd, and not taking it all serious.
    Thanks for sharing that video. Put a big smile on my face. :)

• Ok here we go!

Main loop is fugue machine driving isymphonic orchestra.
    I processed it in ableton to sound lower-fi and more like a vinyl sample.
    Bass Clarinet playing by my friend Tony E.
    A few more sounds added from Gadget.

Used the rap as a bridge/breakdown/extro rather than the main feature.
    I feel it has a bit of a Ninja Tune vibe.

• @ksound : I’ve done it better but I was in a rush here. It’s oart of the special features section of a documentary w Common, 50 cent and others called “The MC—Why we do it”..
    I don’t listen to hip hop anymore to be honest . It was exciting when it was new. I wanted to do this one on Steve Harvey but we couldn’t get clearance

• They wouldn’t let me use the bathroom at Starbucks either! Then this ...

• edited May 2018

• @1nsomniak said:
    Ok here we go!

Groovy :sunglasses:

• edited May 2018

Made a video for it!

Apps used are listed higher up if anyone missed them.
    Although I thought it was gimmicky at first, I have become a huge Fugue Machine fan!
    Actually finishing songs based on it and its pretty simple to use, not sure why it felt complicated when I first tried it. Just unfamiliar I guess.