Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

i've been banned from the IL forums!

Comments

• @CRAKROX said:
    As I’m sure you can still go and talk to other people about whatever issue is irritating you and post about in on other media they are not stopping your free speech at all.

>

The organisations under discussion wield enormous power, and call themselves ‘social media.’ Clearly, restricting freedom of speech when it comes to parts of society, on platforms they own because they can, is still restrictive, politically biased censorship.

The Nazi party we’re happy to let Jews talk among themselves, but no Jew could speak on any platform they controlled. Is that the kind of ‘free speech’ you support?

• @Zen210507 said:

@CRAKROX said:
    As I’m sure you can still go and talk to other people about whatever issue is irritating you and post about in on other media they are not stopping your free speech at all.

>

The organisations under discussion wield enormous power, and call themselves ‘social media.’ Clearly, restricting freedom of speech when it comes to parts of society, on platforms they own because they can, is still restrictive, politically biased censorship.

The Nazi party we’re happy to let Jews talk among themselves, but no Jew could speak on any platform they controlled. Is that the kind of ‘free speech’ you support?

Social media sites, regardless of size, aren't the government.

Someone complaining about being banned from a product site turned into a discussion about Nazis and fascism. How can we take this seriously? And what identifiable group is being persecuted by Facebook? I'm not seeing the connection.

• @lovadamusic said:

Nobody said they were.

Someone complaining about being banned from a product site turned into a discussion about Nazis and fascism. How can we take this seriously? And what identifiable group is being persecuted by Facebook? I'm not seeing the connection.

>

Oh, you are a smart fellow, of course you see. But just to play along, Facebook is not persecuting anyone. Nobody claimed they were. What they are doing, is banning those whose politics they do not agree with.

Okay, it’s a private business and they are free to make the rules. But they can hardly claim to be about the kind of social all encompassing empowerment that Zuckerberg claims, when anyone he likes is allowed to use the platform to communicate, and anyone he doesn’t is branded as dangerous and barred!

• @Zen210507 said:

@CRAKROX said:

>

Let’s get something clear here, when you sign up to a “social network” you agree to their terms and conditions of use, if you have been banned or had your posting PRIVILEDGES curtailed it will be because you have broken one of the rules you agreed to when signing up.
    It’s no good crying when the Banhammer drops because you were aware of the rules when joining.
    As for equating this issue with Nazism you are so wide of the mark it’s a joke, do you really want to go there ? Considering you have the ability to go where you want, speak to who you wish and are not being persecuted and sent to death camps your analogy is both distasteful and ridiculous, especially to someone of Jewish heritage such as myself.

• edited April 2018

p.s. I highlighted the work PRIVILEDGES as when you post on someonelse’s site/platform that’s what they are, if you don’t like it set up your own site and control what’s posted yourself.

• edited April 2018

@CRAKROX said:
    As for equating this issue with Nazism you are so wide of the mark it’s a joke, do you really want to go there ? Considering you have the ability to go where you want, speak to who you wish and are not being persecuted and sent to death camps your analogy is both distasteful and ridiculous, especially to someone of Jewish heritage such as myself.

>

What, you think you’re the only one with Jewish heritage. Some of us can see the signs, others, like you, prefer to look the other way. I find your stance deliberately obtuse and utterly spineless. But it is waste of both our time to argue, so having made my point I will now withdraw from this thread. Have a nice day.

• @Zen210507 said:

@lovadamusic said:

Nobody said they were.

>

Oh, you are a smart fellow, of course you see. But just to play along, Facebook is not persecuting anyone. Nobody claimed they were. What they are doing, is banning those whose politics they do not agree with.

Okay, it’s a private business and they are free to make the rules. But they can hardly claim to be about the kind of social all encompassing empowerment that Zuckerberg claims, when anyone he likes is allowed to use the platform to communicate, and anyone he doesn’t is branded as dangerous and barred!

I don't use FB myself, so I don't keep up with the details of it. There may be many legitimate criticisms of Zuckerberg and, like any business, FB must be regulated by the government as needed to protect us citizens. I see no way of forcing FB to be politically neutral, or preventing product forums from banning those they find to be a nuisance, which is what the original post of this thread was about.

• @SevenSystems said:
    I got banned on both Twitter and YouTube the other day (not the company accounts) for stating the truth, which is indeed a very dangerous thing to do, especially in the "freeest society we ever had" according to what the politicians say ;)

But that's not exclusively a "modern" problem. Even the ancient Chinese said: "Who tells the truth needs a fast horse." :)

what did you say?

• My expectations are pretty low for IL when it comes to IOS or Mac, FL Studio for Mac has never gotten past beta and I just dont think there will be an actual native version for Mac. As far as FL Studio for IOS, if you just use the built in instruments and content , I kinda consider it decent, but for me personally, Audiobus and IAA implementation is just terrible. I think they should just scrap their whole approach to how they implemented AB and IAA and just look into AUV3, but again, my expectation for IL is set pretty low. I'm sure its great for some, and some of the built in sounds make good sample fodder for other apps.

• @Zen210507 said:

@SevenSystems said:
    I got banned on both Twitter and YouTube the other day (not the company accounts) for stating the truth, which is indeed a very dangerous thing to do, especially in the "freeest society we ever had" according to what the politicians say ;)

YouTube and Twitter are now heavily biased and actively preventing some free speech that doesn’t chime with their world view. Totally missing the point of free speech needing to include people saying things others may not agree with. They have lost the plot. As for the truth, that is not something either group - or Facebook - like if it contradicts what they prefer to believe and the agendas they support.

So, I watch Doug’s vids and a few others on YouTube, but wouldn’t touch Twitter or Facebook with someone else’s bargepole! :)

Too true...here in Sweden they're under pressure from the government to stop "hate-speech"...guess what? It's election year here...

• Freedom of speech is about speaking, not texting. Hang out, have a chat with a friend of yours or someone you’ve just met. When you are banned from a site you are not being prosecuted. And if you want to fight this new surge of fascism do it in the real world with real people, not with web avatars.

• @Zen210507 said:

@CRAKROX said:

>

What, you think you’re the only one with Jewish heritage. Some of us can see the signs, others, like you, prefer to look the other way. I find your stance deliberately obtuse and utterly spineless. But it is waste of both our time to argue, so having made my point I will now withdraw from this thread. Have a nice day.

Ha ha I’m neither obtuse nor spineless as you would know if you ever met me, nor had I resorted to personal insults as you have, however taking your ball home because people have pointed out the blatant errors in your statement and have disagreed with you instead of agreeing with your obviously over dramatic and and hysterical postings just shows you for the type of person you really are.

• I don’t know anything about the OP’s posts but the FLSM forums are full of “I want what I want and you need to do it NOW!” posts. That tone is in all forums to a greater or lesser extent. Anyone who takes that approach is not likely to be met with a warm welcome. FWIW.

• @anickt said:
    I don’t know anything about the OP’s posts but the FLSM forums are full of “I want what I want and you need to do it NOW!” posts. That tone is in all forums to a greater or lesser extent. Anyone who takes that approach is not likely to be met with a warm welcome. FWIW.

we argued in some threads! i never demanded do this or do that. but i always made my point clear. when feature x is not there i say so. when feature y crashes the app i say so either. when they release a new version with another synth or added sample content but leave out the nuts and bolts of a daw (eg copying clips between tracks) i voice my astonishment...
    they have no point that's why they can't cope with arguments!

• edited April 2018

Great discussion about “Rights” starts around the 4:20 mark, just after he finishes trashing the Bible.

• @dermichl said:
    so i'm told to contact a board admin but i can't because i'm banned...
    whining AND stupid dickheads!

Considering your tone they may have made the right decision.

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Freedom of speech is about speaking, not texting. Hang out, have a chat with a friend of yours or someone you’ve just met. When you are banned from a site you are not being prosecuted. And if you want to fight this new surge of fascism do it in the real world with real people, not with web avatars.

Not only that but furthermore and also, not withstanding, I think that the whole concept of “freedom of speech” is a bit of a 20th century excess anomaly, much like much of the 20th century blip away from mature considered normalcy. I think with free speech comes considerable responsibility and most people simply don’t have that, not because they’re stupid but because of a different reason than their stupidity, which is detachment and decoupling of communication promulgated by the early 20th century office culture (see Max Weber) and the whole notion of communicating with someone through an abstraction layer (eg, rules). Electronic communication amplifies this manifold because the computer or phone is ‘mine’ ‘here’ and not someone else over there who receives it. I don’t think anyone is fully qualified to exercise freedom of speech. Maybe journalists, but they all got sacked a few years ago along with press photographers when downward-plunging-circulation newspapers realised that ordinary citizens would do the same job for free because they all have smartphones.

• @dermichl said:

@anickt said:
    I don’t know anything about the OP’s posts but the FLSM forums are full of “I want what I want and you need to do it NOW!” posts. That tone is in all forums to a greater or lesser extent. Anyone who takes that approach is not likely to be met with a warm welcome. FWIW.

we argued in some threads! i never demanded do this or do that. but i always made my point clear. when feature x is not there i say so. when feature y crashes the app i say so either. when they release a new version with another synth or added sample content but leave out the nuts and bolts of a daw (eg copying clips between tracks) i voice my astonishment...
    they have no point that's why they can't cope with arguments!

The issues you point to are certainly valid. I’ve expressed those thoughts myself at times.

• Setting aside the "freedom of speech" distraction:

What is the point of a user forum if users are not permitted to voice complaints, point out bugs or flaws, or ask for new features? Sounds to me like FL are shooting themselves in the foot by booting out dissenters.

I get the argument about tone-policing, but many of our esteemed colleagues are not native English speakers, which makes them far less tone-sensitive. A smart moderator (like the one in this forum) will always err on the side of maximum leeway.

• @u0421793 said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    Freedom of speech is about speaking, not texting. Hang out, have a chat with a friend of yours or someone you’ve just met. When you are banned from a site you are not being prosecuted. And if you want to fight this new surge of fascism do it in the real world with real people, not with web avatars.

Not only that but furthermore and also, not withstanding, I think that the whole concept of “freedom of speech” is a bit of a 20th century excess anomaly, much like much of the 20th century blip away from mature considered normalcy. I think with free speech comes considerable responsibility and most people simply don’t have that, not because they’re stupid but because of a different reason than their stupidity, which is detachment and decoupling of communication promulgated by the early 20th century office culture (see Max Weber) and the whole notion of communicating with someone through an abstraction layer (eg, rules). Electronic communication amplifies this manifold because the computer or phone is ‘mine’ ‘here’ and not someone else over there who receives it. I don’t think anyone is fully qualified to exercise freedom of speech. Maybe journalists, but they all got sacked a few years ago along with press photographers when downward-plunging-circulation newspapers realised that ordinary citizens would do the same job for free because they all have smartphones.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gobbledygook

Try this:

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

• @Proto said:
    Have you posted this picture again ?

Stop posting pics of unproportionally large members of the Belgian government.

It’s bullying.

I don’t like people bullying me for my Large Member either

• @Zen210507 : You hit the nail on the head there..

• So you got kicked out of the FL Studio site...... Bid deal!....... you must of kept pissing them off & breaking there privacy rule, to which you agreed to when you signed up. It must of happened more than once. Any site will give you at least, once a public warning. So I assumed you did it more than once(a,guess here mind)...... contact them for forgiveness & see what happens( we all have to learn the hard way)....... if they reply with a Fuck off Sir, no thanks, then take the shame & move on...... If your vendictive enough, go to a torrent site download there latest 12.(whatever) Signature suite for Pc/Mac worth 700 to 800 euros, & say "Up Yours FL!"...... Tho I don't condone the torrent scene, & that type of thing, however, if it happened to me............ Maybe?.... But I wouldn't want to annoy them that way. They are a good company. They do a lot for nothing(don't ask money for updating there software, like other well know software companies..... won't mention them) & free updates for life. Not many companies would do that.
    I got banned from Twitter, just by asking a Dev if he would consider making his iOS app Audiobus compatible......... it was the only time I EVER replied to a Twitter .... so F@δ k 'em.( Twitter that is)..... By the way the Dev said no, as the iPad is not powerful enough( iPad 2 at the time..... long time ago)...... Anyway, my advice is to move on matey.... :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@CRAKROX said:

>

What is it about this forum that draws the wackos. I rarely see insane shit like this elsewhere. Or at least not as much of it.

• @SlowMotion said:

@Zen210507 said:

@CRAKROX said:

>

What is it about this forum that draws the wackos. I rarely see insane shit like this elsewhere. Or at least not as much of it.

Well, usually people can post here without getting shitted on.

• edited April 2018

• @Simon said:

What is it about this forum that draws the wackos.

You see the same people getting into heated arguments over and over again on this forum. They love the sound of their (raised) voices. The Mod needs to ban one or two of the hot heads.

This could be one approach to the issue. Another more immediate solution would be to be selective about the posts you decide to read and respond to.

• edited April 2018

Deleted

• @Zen210507 said:

@SevenSystems said:

YouTube and Twitter are now heavily biased and actively preventing some free speech that doesn’t chime with their world view. Totally missing the point of free speech needing to include people saying things others may not agree with. They have lost the plot. As for the truth, that is not something either group - or Facebook - like if it contradicts what they prefer to believe and the agendas they support.

So, I watch Doug’s vids and a few others on YouTube, but wouldn’t touch Twitter or Facebook with someone else’s bargepole! :)

He’s right you know. I lost all my channels (3,500+ videos/live shows etc) during youtube purge because I question the validity of the corporate media... it’s scary times folks! We should all agree that Freedom of Speech is our most important right and that these social media platforms are actively destroying it.
    I moved to steemit and blockchain.... I thoroughly hate youtube but still use it for music and supporting other folks content.

• Wow I was so certain this thread was dead in the water as soon I read it but here we are two pages in and me without my popcorn.