Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Favorite all-inclusive app for acoustic instruments?

Looking for GREAT sounding acoustic instruments (pianos, strings, mallets, etc)
that are within daw-like apps such as gagdet, beat hawk, bm3, etc.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• @breilly said:
    Looking for GREAT sounding acoustic instruments (pianos, strings, mallets, etc)
    that are within daw-like apps such as gagdet, beat hawk, bm3, etc.
    Any suggestions?

UVI stuff (in Beathawk) stands tall

• Many swear by beathawk and thumbjam, but the Lyra sampler within Auria Pro would be my pick (although saying that I still reach for iSymphonic for strings).

• Sampletank ios

• GarageBand for sure. You can then host BeatHawk as an AU.

• Lyra, but not with the stock sounds. When you add things like AnalogueDrums EXS libraries or advanced SFZs like the Sonatina or Versilian libraries, it cannot be beaten.

• And for arranging, Garageband! If only we could export the smart instrument’s MIDI to Auria (which has the ability of reading all the CC commands properly)...

• I would say a combination of ThumbJam, Sample Tank, bs-16i, iSymphonic and GarageBand.
    DrumJam for drums.
    If i had to choose one..... maybe Sampe Tank since it seems to have the most variety.
    Not sure if it sounds great all....i would say O.K.

• Thumbjam

• @Cib said:
    I would say a combination of ThumbJam, Sample Tank, bs-16i, iSymphonic and GarageBand.
    DrumJam for drums.
    If i had to choose one..... maybe Sampe Tank since it seems to have the most variety.
    Not sure if it sounds great all....i would say O.K.

I would add BeatHawk to these other fine suggestions.

• You know, the weird thing about Beathawk is that they are pretty universally praised for the the quality of their samples here on the AB forum and yet criticized heavily for the poor sample quality on FB iOS Musicians group. I listen to both respective groups giving feedback so I guess I need to make up my own mind!

• @gusgranite said:
    You know, the weird thing about Beathawk is that they are pretty universally praised for the the quality of their samples here on the AB forum and yet criticized heavily for the poor sample quality on FB iOS Musicians group. I listen to both respective groups giving feedback so I guess I need to make up my own mind!

Honestly, I was not the biggest fan of their stock samples either. But I would use other things for lead or upfront sounds anyway. I really prefer Thumb and Drum Jams for lead sounds and playing them live. But I do like using BeatHawk to bring a variety of timbres to fill out the sound in background parts. I just recently bought the Tutti Orchestra, Baroque, Classical Percussion, and Choirs, but haven’t tried them in anything yet. They sounded pretty amazing when I was just dorking around and exploring their contents though. I think they are going to sound fantastic when I get around to combining them with all of the sick FX apps that have come out in the past few months.

I don’t really have an opinion on their EDM sound packs, either. I would probably use any of the multitude of apps I already have for those sounds. But I think the acoustic and indigenous sound packs are great to have at my disposal and would come in handy. A lot of good variety in the themes of these packs, too.

• Beathawk is almost a perfect app.... All UVI needs to do is give us more than 16 loops (how about 64?). Do UVI read posts here? I will do a video shortly on how good beathawk is. I do use garageband for simple guitar and singing stuff.... we’re so spoiled!