Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Air or Err

So, I've done hours of reading and watched a ton of videos and still don't know if I should take the plunge with the Air. It can't be worse than my 3rd gen running iOs 7, can it? Prior to iOS 7, I used my iPad for live performances, primarily with Sunrizer and DrumJam running through Audiobus into Loopy, all controlled with a Rolls MidiBuddy and Samson Graphite 25. Now, I'm getting unpredictable results, weird latency, etc. I'm leaning toward using DM1 and would like the option of different synths (Nave, Animoog) and also starting to sequence in Genome, but can compromise on app choices if I can get just get a stable setup again. I don't feel like I can wait months for the next gen, so I guess the question is Air or 4th gen. Thoughts?

Comments

• edited March 2014

• Thx, @simon. Much appreciated.

• From iPad 4 to Air and yes, is Great.
    iOS 7 still need some fixed here and there, but stunning music apps performance.

• Thx, guys. Feeling better now. I think the negatives got amplified and caused me to worry.

• I just went from an iPad2 to an Air (granted the 2 has a bit less oomph than a 3), but wow, was I impressed. I was so excited when I initially got Thor on my iPad 2, only to find that most of my favorite sounds choked on a polyphony greater than 3 or 4. I fired up Thor last night on the Air and it was silky smooth and impressively responsive at16 note polyphony recording through Audiobus to MTD. Very very happy with the Air.

• Like the others sold my 3/64 got an Air 128. Extremely happy!
    Got USD300 for the 3. Daughter of an old friend moving up from a 1st gen. Win Win all 'round.

• Made the switch to the Air this weekend and...wow. Just so thrilled to rehearse without a crash. Thx for the advice, all.

• Picked up my Air this morning. Still loading apps, so don't really have any impressions yet. Excited to test it out here soon. Come on wifi, you're killin me.

• Only disappointment for me is ram as when I get to about 60% CPU i get a low ram warning when pushing Auria or anything else to the limit.

• The only apps I need to watch on my Air are Nave and Auria together, that seemed to really eat up memory fast for me. Otherwise I've been lucky so far and no issues.

• edited March 2014

• Thx, @simon. I really do appreciate being able to turn to this forum. For me, this was not a small purchase, it will make a big difference in my music and this group has a rare experience with ios music. I live in LA and have been trying to get an ios music meetup together, but it seems like the more serious of us are spread across the globe, no geographic concentration.