Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE ULTIMATE PORTABLE MUSIC PRODUCTION SETUP! Best Portable Studio

Hello Music Fanatics - I hope this video can help you have the Ultimate Portable setup. Do you have your own setup? Be sure to share it (i will sub your channels). I have a TON of experience producing music on the go... so this setup works like a charm!
I also will be posting a LOT more videos on music production so be sure to sub!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sa1uPJI6pC4

Hopefully this works (as one of the mods has prevented my posts from showing up here before)
Thanks!

Comments

• Fun video, and I work with a similar set up, including the battery. Are you on Twitter?

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Fun video, and I work with a similar set up, including the battery. Are you on Twitter?

Absolutely @freeradiorevolu - Thanks! (let me know your twitter and I'll follow you back)

• Headphones always better than studio monitors ?

• @Samplemunch said:
    Headphones always better than studio monitors ?

Well... I've always done it that way. I suppose it's different strokes for different folks though. Some people swear by monitors whilst others go headphones all the way.

• I prefer headphones. Without the right room monitors are useless.

• Listening nearfield takes away much of the room effect with speakers. The trick for me was to find a decent sealed pair with no bass port. Better transients. I ended up with ATC SCM7s (not cheap - 40th birthday present to myself). Even without the room fully sound modded, they sound incredible.

Thanks for the video OP!

• Can't be ultimamente if you can't plug in a guitar or a mic.

• @FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Samplemunch said:

Well... I've always done it that way. I suppose it's different strokes for different folks though. Some people swear by monitors whilst others go headphones all the way.

You get zero sub response and even lose a lot of normal bass response in headphones, and their is no way at all to judge/guess that, no matter what anybody says about an untreated room, you can still get a reference that you will never get in headphones, this isn't different strokes, it is just common sense.

• @supadom said:
    Can't be ultimamente if you can't plug in a guitar or a mic.

Actually if you watch the full video I specifically point out the Irig Pro as being my go to device for hooking up either mic or guitar (I am. Guitarist after all).

• @Samplemunch said:

@FreeRadioRevolu said:

@Samplemunch said:

You get zero sub response and even lose a lot of normal bass response in headphones, and their is no way at all to judge/guess that, no matter what anybody says about an untreated room, you can still get a reference that you will never get in headphones, this isn't different strokes, it is just common sense.

A lot of headphones (bad ones like Beats) actually boost bass sounds. That’s why I use Sennheisers - perfect mid range. Lets be honest here; this is a PORTABLE steup so I don’t think anyone’s going to carry monitors in their backpacks. As far as ‘monitoring’ - many prefer headphones. Ideally you’d use both but if i could only choose one; headphones all the way!

• @FreeRadioRevolu said:

@supadom said:
    Can't be ultimamente if you can't plug in a guitar or a mic.

Actually if you watch the full video I specifically point out the Irig Pro as being my go to device for hooking up either mic or guitar (I am. Guitarist after all).

I stand corrected... Bur can plug both of them in at the same time ;)

• When it comes to monitors, room design, headphone quality and all the niggles that we music geeks like to talk about and spin which one is better, does it really matter? I think of where and how most of the people I know (semi normal folks) listen to music, it’s not through a pair of $800 dollar headphones. In fact, most of them have some sort of $100 Bluetooth sound system that they just sit on their patio and load up a que of music to blast through to have a good time. This music was not created in a lab to achieve the very optimal tone quality that one can only get in a sound test room. I am not saying this method is wrong but, If you create your sound to be most pleasant when played through your specialized headphones or sound designed room monitors, it’s going to sound different when you share your tunes with the dude that pops in the ear buds that came with his phone and my not fine it enjoyable at all. So I ask, would it be better to try and get a nice well balanced sound in a normal environment, the way others are going to listen to it?

• @JudgeDredd said:
    When it comes to monitors, room design, headphone quality and all the niggles that we music geeks like to talk about and spin which one is better, does it really matter? I think of where and how most of the people I know (semi normal folks) listen to music, it’s not through a pair of $800 dollar headphones. In fact, most of them have some sort of $100 Bluetooth sound system that they just sit on their patio and load up a que of music to blast through to have a good time. This music was not created in a lab to achieve the very optimal tone quality that one can only get in a sound test room. I am not saying this method is wrong but, If you create your sound to be most pleasant when played through your specialized headphones or sound designed room monitors, it’s going to sound different when you share your tunes with the dude that pops in the ear buds that came with his phone and my not fine it enjoyable at all. So I ask, would it be better to try and get a nice well balanced sound in a normal environment, the way others are going to listen to it?

Well said! I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps it’s best to test your mix in more average style speakers/monitors for a more balanced mix. I think there’s quite the profit to be made from people looking for the ultimate setup... sometimes we can’t see the forest for the trees! Thanks.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    When it comes to monitors, room design, headphone quality and all the niggles that we music geeks like to talk about and spin which one is better, does it really matter? I think of where and how most of the people I know (semi normal folks) listen to music, it’s not through a pair of $800 dollar headphones. In fact, most of them have some sort of $100 Bluetooth sound system that they just sit on their patio and load up a que of music to blast through to have a good time. This music was not created in a lab to achieve the very optimal tone quality that one can only get in a sound test room. I am not saying this method is wrong but, If you create your sound to be most pleasant when played through your specialized headphones or sound designed room monitors, it’s going to sound different when you share your tunes with the dude that pops in the ear buds that came with his phone and my not fine it enjoyable at all. So I ask, would it be better to try and get a nice well balanced sound in a normal environment, the way others are going to listen to it?

I think mixing/mastering on one set of speakers is plain wrong, whether it is studio monitors or a Bluetooth ghetto blaster. The trick is to mix on good monitors and then try on different systems to make it sound good on all of them (car speakers included).

Some older desks used to have a small speaker built in to emulate the sound of a transistor radio which would be a typical audio player used then by the masses.

• Exactly that, trying to mix on headphones only and then claiming they are "Always better than expensive monitors" is just nonsense to be honest.

• @Samplemunch said:
    Exactly that, trying to mix on headphones only and then claiming they are "Always better than expensive monitors" is just nonsense to be honest.

They're certainly are 'better' in some ways. You'll be able to hear more frequencies and subtleties and you wont have to have the perfect setup to monitor. What I think we can all agree on is that there are many different ways to test your mix and you might be best not limiting yourself to one specific method.

• So wait, now you are saying that headphones arren't always better, fair enough, agreed.