Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiologic Mixface Controller Surface for Mac PC and iOS.

Very interesting controller surface. I want one :)

Comments

• They continue the design of the Numa Compact 2 and/or 2X which I like. It looks a little bit like the design of the former digital delays by Korg with those buttons. Well done.

• edited April 2018

@Ivan_Dj thanks for sharing. This is getting close to what I’m looking for. I want lots of faders and knobs for controlling synths, Bluetooth midi and rugged design. Korg nanostudio will probably be my purchase but this looks much better made and more future proof in flexibility. Looking to control AUM, BM3 and Moog Model D. Any other options out there?

• @noodlydan said:
    @Ivan_Dj thanks for sharing. This is getting close to what I’m looking for. I want lots of faders and knobs for controlling synths, Bluetooth midi and rugged design. Korg nanostudio will probably be my purchase but this looks much better made and more future proof in flexibility. Looking to control AUM, BM3 and Moog Model D. Any other options out there?

The new line of products from Faderfox have snap shot functionality to avoid parameter jumps between when mapping multiple apps to the same set of knobs/faders. Build quality is rugged and they are customisable enough that I would call them future proof. Korg Nanostudio integration in Gadget looks pretty good and Bluetooth is useful - although I've not used them so cannot comment on latency or build quality

• @no1normal The pc4 by Faderfox looks really nice, as does Midifighter twister. Ideally would have a wireless option as I’m trying to avoid a mound of cables (I think this goes against the iPad’s appeal).

That said a nice setup for me might be a pc4, nanokey 2 and simple audio interface all going into a CCK through a hub. Perhaps I could hide the cables in a case of some sort?!

My main issue with the korg nanokey studio is that its features are primarily designed for gadget which I don’t really use. Heading towards an AUM to BM3 workflow at the moment.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @noodlydan said:
    I want lots of faders and knobs for controlling synths, Bluetooth midi and rugged design. Korg nanostudio will probably be my purchase but this looks much better made and more future proof in flexibility. Looking to control AUM, BM3 and Moog Model D. Any other options out there?

Notation LaunchControlXL is the way to go! It’s not Bluetooth, BUT it’s got your knobs and faders covered! It’s a great piece of gear...

• Just checked out the Faderfox products too... I had not heard of them. WOW...Very nice!

• @Scottzilla82 said:
    Just checked out the Faderfox products too... I had not heard of them. WOW...Very nice!

Faderfox is fully recommend here!
    Solid build quality. Smart machines...

The first real limitation i found on when midi mapping multiple auv3s to the same hardware controller was parameter jumps. The new Faderfox range has a very smart snapshot system with soft takeover to avoid parameter jumps.

Beforehand, I got quite far mapping my novation launch control XL over multiple midi channels/pages. Its a fantastic controller, but I could only manage to map the faders to one midi channel (so the knobs and buttons changed per page not the faders) which didn't quite suit my workflow.

• @Scottzilla82 said:

@noodlydan said:
    I want lots of faders and knobs for controlling synths, Bluetooth midi and rugged design. Korg nanostudio will probably be my purchase but this looks much better made and more future proof in flexibility. Looking to control AUM, BM3 and Moog Model D. Any other options out there?

Notation LaunchControlXL is the way to go! It’s not Bluetooth, BUT it’s got your knobs and faders covered! It’s a great piece of gear...

Does it recognizes an USB Bleutooth dongle?