Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitcrusher Guitar Start-up

Check out this start-up from my hometown and alma mater - I think there could be a lot of potential here in this community for these guys. It's a digital modeling effects pcb board that could be fixed to a guitar.

http://www.buffalo.edu/news/news-releases.host.html/content/shared/mgt/news/digital-guitar-tech-shreds-to-victory-in-ub-entrepreneurship-competition.detail.html

Comments

• tjatja
    edited April 2018

Is this something for iOS?

If yes, please add a link into the App Store.

• This is a startup that is just taking off. They won a competition and will be developing their product. I thought it would be interesting to share so we could watch them closely. No idea about their plans for releasing anything like a companion app on iOS or something like that.

• Might as well design some kind of mounting for an iThing and use that for processing?

Each to their own but this thing sounds outdated already. A shop for selling effects? Don’t see it working.

Maybe I’m failing to see the utility in this or the appeal of retrofitting this thing to a perfectly good guitar or a junk one for that matter.

Why not just buy one of those ultra popular (not) Line6 modelling guitars instead? What’s that? Because they sound like ....?

Uncle Grumpy out.

• edited April 2018

@TheVimFuego I think if they choose the right platform for the "shop" for effects (iOS) then I think it could work. Someone thinks it's worth something because they won $25k in startup cash and then $27k of in kind services.

• Doesn't Korg already sell something like this?

• edited April 2018

The guitar market (and it's amp/fx segment) is very(!) traditional and far from rational considerations - that's their true challenge.
    From a technical pov it's nothing special, the processing unit of an iPhone/iPad fits into most guitar electronic cavities.

• @mjcouche said:
    @TheVimFuego I think if they choose the right platform for the "shop" for effects (iOS) then I think it could work. Someone thinks it's worth something because they won $25k in startup cash and then $27k of in kind services.

Clearly there is merit in there somewhere, I guess I err on the side of the more traditional despite being a fan of iOS music making and processing.

I just see a lot of "fad" products that don't age well these days. I wish 'em well though, innovation should be applauded.

• @TheVimFuego said:

I just see a lot of "fad" products that don't age well these days. I wish 'em well though, innovation should be applauded.

It's hardly innovative. Marketing effects installed on an electric guitar goes back to the early 70s.