Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Transpose in BM3 Pattern view?

Sometimes when I’m working with IAAs, I like to take an idea in 3 octaves so I can load them all into a separate bank for later experimentation so I don’t have to reload the app. I’m routing this bank to an audio channel and just sampling the inter-app audio into the timeline and then saving it in the sample editor.

So, uh, it seems like there should be an easier way to transpose MIDI in this view? Or am I completely missing something? Multi-selecting doesn’t seem to work.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

@JoshuaRex said:
    So, uh, it seems like there should be an easier way to transpose MIDI in this view? Or am I completely missing something? Multi-selecting doesn’t seem to work.

What do you mean by "Multi-selecting doesn't seem to work?"

You need to tap the little square icon next to the finger icon at the bottom left to draw a rectangle around the notes you want to select. Then you can drag the whole group up or down by touching near the left side arrow thing.

If there's an easier way to transpose a pattern in BM3, I don't know of it.

• That's what I mean. When I attempt to drag the whole group down, it just selects one note to drag down. Am I gesturing incorrectly?

• wimwim
    edited April 2018

From your screenshot, you don't have the selection mode active. It shows the single draw mode active. Check my post above and see if that helps?

In that screenshot you only have one note selected.

• @wim said:
    From your screenshot, you don't have the selection mode active. It shows the single draw mode active. Check my post above and see if that helps?

In that screenshot you only have one note selected.

headdesk

I'm a dummy. Thanks!

• Of course, nobody would complain about a "Select all" button and "Transpose 12 semitones up/down" buttons either ;)

• edited April 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    Of course, nobody would complain about a "Select all" button and "Transpose 12 semitones up/down" buttons either ;),

Yep... let’s see what ver 3.1 brings...

Or, if anyone care to give a sneak peek..

• That would be sweet

• Yeh. Not fond at all of the current method in BM3. I cringe a little every time I want to make adjustments.

• edited April 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    Of course, nobody would complain about a "Select all" button and "Transpose 12 semitones up/down" buttons either ;)

Nobody would complain if you just double tapped the selection button to select all either.....oh wait :)

But yes oct and semi up down buttons would be nice.

• I too cringe at the thought of moving notes around, some simple transpose controls would be great actually mandatory! Really love BM3 but moving notes around should not be so tedious.... I didn’t come aboard until 3 but didn’t BM2 already have these tools?