Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is this BM3 line of thinking correct? Bussing question

Trying to wrap my head around the routing capabilities of iOS here. Since BM3 lacks conventional bussing or grouping is this workaround valid?

If I send a track pre-fader to an auxilary track and then put the original track’s fader at 0, is this essentially the same as a bus?

Unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to send the faux-buss to another “buss” because you can’t send an aux track like you can a buss in a desktop DAW. But shouldn’t this system process the audio in series like a buss would do?

Comments

• I think those are used as Master busses. Everything can send to them, and it gets processed in parallel and remixed with the non-bussed audio via the aux return level. Usually the master reverb is on this buss.
    They are just like FX sends on a traditional mixer, as opposed to insert FX which don’t use busses.

• If I send a track pre-fader to an auxilary track and then put the original track’s fader at 0, is this essentially the same as a bus?

Yes.

• @syrupcore said:

If I send a track pre-fader to an auxilary track and then put the original track’s fader at 0, is this essentially the same as a bus?

Yes.

:D
    Guess maybe I oversplained it a bit.