Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Offload Unused Apps?

Is anyone using this iOS setting? Any thoughts or concerns?

Comments

• Seems to work well for me.

• I’ve used it for a couple of apps to keep some things made with those apps. I’m not sure I would use it often, as I don’t have a lot of faith in the iOS file handling within the system. So, while I’ve used it with no real issues, I would not trust my music or sounds to it

• I’ve done it, but only for 3-4 very large games I may or may not go back and finish. So if it doesn’t end up saving my spot, no big loss compared to losing music files. Everything important I use regularly anyway, so no need to offload anything of real value.

• To me it’s pointless if the documents and data are more than the app size, which always seems to be the case for me, but I used it a couple times. The only weird thing is it seems to take longer than normal when you go to reinstall the app

• I would probably use the automatic version, if I could configure after which time apps get offloaded. But Apple, as usual, just does not allow this.

• Thank you everyone for the feedback. I’m going to leave this as a last resort I think.

• I use it on my phone. Serves as a good indicator of what apps I should flat out uninstall.

• @OscarSouth said:
    I use it on my phone. Serves as a good indicator of what apps I should flat out uninstall.

Have been missing your measured musicianly musings in these pages @OscarSouth :smile:
    Nice to see you back.

• @gusgranite said:

@OscarSouth said:
    I use it on my phone. Serves as a good indicator of what apps I should flat out uninstall.

Have been missing your measured musicianly musings in these pages @OscarSouth :smile:
    Nice to see you back.

Been very busy over the last 6 months but this place has a certain lure that's hard to avoid for too long.

Have managed to fit some very cool musical developments into the time I've been away!