Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nano 2 and other myths

Comments

• edited April 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skattabraynesmith said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    My only criticism of Blip would be that he really should’ve diversified the workflow by hiring on a couple other developers to speed up the process and deliver NS2 in time for xmas 2017. Then again, hiring costs money and I’m unsure how Blip makes an income outside of Nanostudio.

I can’t be too hard on the guy really, because NS2 is his passion project, and I feel that he’ll see it through to the end no matter how long it takes.

@skattabraynesmith said:
    Yep, given the dev slack , 2.5 yirs of slack

Point is that you shuldnt make promices and announce deadlines TWICE then fael to deliver . Just not professional

I think a cool policy to have is not announce plans and supryse people’s

Two and half years is a looooong time even for a daw

You should weawy wearn to spell you words, b-b-be-because y-you make yousewf wook wike you’re fouw years owd. :smirk: Seriously though mate, it’s hard to take anyone seriously when they appear too lazy to bother spell checking their words before posting.

Insensitive twat

The same could be said of you, really. Blip TRIED to get NS2 done in time for the holidays, but he hit the point where he was near a breakdown from the insurmountable pressure, sacrificing time with his family, etc. Blip’s mental health should be taken into consideration too after all.

I mean, look at it from my point of view. This discussion (where you accused Blip of being a “wind up merchant”) was your very first post here in these forums. The self-entitled whinging I responded to was your second post. Your third post was in reply to me. I had no clue you were Dyslexic, so I’m sorry I took a jab at the spelling errors. You need to realise though that joining a forum just to start whinging about something leaves a pretty bad first impression.

You need to apologize without equivocation and stop with the juvenile insults. I found it kind of funny to be called a “pea brain” in a thread where I had the temerity to disagree with you. But you’ve insulted a person with a disability. That may get you elected president, but it’s not a good look, man.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skattabraynesmith said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    My only criticism of Blip would be that he really should’ve diversified the workflow by hiring on a couple other developers to speed up the process and deliver NS2 in time for xmas 2017. Then again, hiring costs money and I’m unsure how Blip makes an income outside of Nanostudio.

I can’t be too hard on the guy really, because NS2 is his passion project, and I feel that he’ll see it through to the end no matter how long it takes.

@skattabraynesmith said:

Point is that you shuldnt make promices and announce deadlines TWICE then fael to deliver . Just not professional

You should weawy wearn to spell you words, b-b-be-because y-you make yousewf wook wike you’re fouw years owd. :smirk: Seriously though mate, it’s hard to take anyone seriously when they appear too lazy to bother spell checking their words before posting.

Insensitive twat

The same could be said of you, really. Blip TRIED to get NS2 done in time for the holidays, but he hit the point where he was near a breakdown from the insurmountable pressure, sacrificing time with his family, etc. Blip’s mental health should be taken into consideration too after all.

I mean, look at it from my point of view. This discussion (where you accused Blip of being a “wind up merchant”) was your very first post here in these forums. The self-entitled whinging I responded to was your second post. Your third post was in reply to me. I had no clue you were Dyslexic, so I’m sorry I took a jab at the spelling errors. You need to realise though that joining a forum just to start whinging about something leaves a pretty bad first impression.

You need to apologize without equivocation and stop with the juvenile insults. I found it kind of funny to be called a “pea brain” in a thread where I had the temerity to disagree with you. But you’ve insulted a person with a disability. That may get you elected president, but it’s not a good look, man.

Unfortunately mate, you’re still a pea brain. :lol: I mean, could it be that you didn’t bother reading my entire reply and missed me saying...

“I had no clue you were Dyslexic, so I’m sorry I took a jab at the spelling errors.”

Right, so maybe take the time to read everything before spouting off.

• Still waiting on Loopy Masterpiece too.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skattabraynesmith said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skattabraynesmith said:

Insensitive twat

Unfortunately mate, you’re still a pea brain. :lol: I mean, could it be that you didn’t bother reading my entire reply and missed me saying...

“I had no clue you were Dyslexic, so I’m sorry I took a jab at the spelling errors.”

Right, so maybe take the time to read everything before spouting off.

Dude fuck off.

• edited April 2018

...I was about to chime in and defend Matt with my own tale of woe vis a vis Loopy Pro, and you beat me to it @fprintf =) Working on big projects like NS2 (and Loopy Pro) is just a massive undertaking. Truly, though, massive - PhDs are notorious for being an enormously difficult hard slog, and I've worked on Loopy Pro now for a fair bit longer than your average PhD. (I'd say I'd been working on Loopy longer than I worked on my own PhD, but given that I kinda-sorta abandoned my PhD during the thesis writing stage to work on Loopy, uh... =))

So, yeah. Ideally, we'd all have our big projects finished in a short timeframe, but life doesn't always work out that way. Lets all cut Matt some slack. And, uh, me ;-)

• I’m just amazed at the self-entitlement that some people around here feel...
    No developer is posting release dates with the intention of winding up individuals, I’d personally rather a project was delayed and released in a more complete form after thorough testing than rushed out to meet a deadline just to keep us punters happy who would then complain incessantly if there were any bugs.
    The important thing to remember is no one owes you anything, if you paid for an app you that’s what you get, no guarantee of a lifetime of updates only that it should work at the moment of purchase, plus you are not promised that there will be follow up apps even if the developer announces that they are working on them.
    There are plenty of options for music making in iOS if you can’t find one that suits you then the problem I imagine lies with closer to home...

• It is entirely possible that the OP had no idea what an undertaking it is to single-handedly create such an ambitious app, so give the dude a break. Hopefully he is still following this thread and begins to understand.

Man, when I see that Matt only charged $2 for NS1, I know he is not in it for the money. When he feels ready to release NS2, I will be ready to show my support.

• Sidebar: NS1 wasn't a 2 dollar app. Maybe it is now for those on older devices. Think its default price was $12.99 or $15 with a $5 "16 tracks" IAP added at some point a while after release.

Not suggesting he was in it for the money though! Obviously a developer as talented as he is could make more money than an iOS daws make in many many ways. And not have random people talk shit about him on the Internet as a bonus.

• @syrupcore said:
    Sidebar: NS1 wasn't a 2 dollar app. Maybe it is now for those on older devices. Think its default price was $12.99 or $15 with a $5 "16 tracks" IAP added at some point a while after release.

Not suggesting he was in it for the money though! Obviously a developer as talented as he is could make more money than an iOS daws make in many many ways. And not have random people talk shit about him on the Internet as a bonus.

I think he lowered the price of NS1 to $2 around the release of iOS 11 so that people who didn’t update their iOS could try their hand at it.

• @syrupcore said:
    Sidebar: NS1 wasn't a 2 dollar app. Maybe it is now for those on older devices. Think its default price was $12.99 or $15 with a $5 "16 tracks" IAP added at some point a while after release.

Yeah I wasn’t around back then to remember. :) I have never used NS1, but that still seems like a fair price. This app seems lengedary the way people talk about it.

• @CracklePot said:

@syrupcore said:

Yeah I wasn’t around back then to remember. :) I have never used NS1, but that still seems like a fair price. This app seems lengedary the way people talk about it.

You can still get a feel for it with the free version for Windows or Mac. It's on his site. Touch version is better but for a better understanding of your iOS geezer pals, it'll do just fine. :)

I wish it still worked on iOS 11 like everyone else (including Matt) but your post makes me realize it's kind of cool that from now until forever, with regard to iOS music, NS1 gets to be legend.

• I think Skattabraynesmith might get more slack for his supposed dyslexia (try spell check) if he wasn’t so off-putting in the original post. The OP struck me as troll-ish. If Skattabraynesmith dosn’t want people to give him a hard time, then he/she should take a different tone when talking about a respected developer.

We who are involed with iOS music production have a lot to be thankful for, but we have no right to slam a developer for not getting an app done according to our personal desires. Based on what he wrote, he appears to be familiar with the NS2 Progress Report thread on the Nanostudio Forum. Really? He read all of that and still thought it would be a good idea to come to this forum to slam Matt and his efforts? I’ll wager he’s the sort that if Matt had never given any ETA’s or screen shots of the work in progress, Skattabraynesmith would have been complaining that the developer disappeared and hasn’t said anything. Some people just can’t be pleased. This sort of pressure dosen’t help and can actually impede progress. I hope Matt’s too busy to read his whinging. I find the OP appalling and hope that Michael would just delete this thread entirely.

• @Slam_Cut said:
    I hope Matt’s too busy to read his whinging. I find the OP appalling and hope that Michael would just delete this thread entirely.

I agree.

• edited April 2018

It's a bit ironic (IMHO, of course) that BM2's piano roll was superior to BM3's piano roll.

yeah :-) I was also wondering that in BM3 intua throwed away all good stuff which wat stolen from NS1 in BM2 :-D :-D And they steal bad stuff from NI iMaschine 2 :-D :-D ... i bet, if NS2 would be released before 2 years, BM3 would now look a very different :-D :-D :-D

Btw. NS2 will be released exactly in moment when it will be finished and most important when it will be well tested without any major bug, and as much crashless as possible - and that is VERY important for overall user experience .. remember how brutally stable and almost bugfree was NS1 .. other iOS DAWs cannot even dream about that level of stability .. and also CPU effective !!! It is worth to wait for it and ocassional posts from Matt are proof that he diddn't give up and he is still working on it, still commited to project .. so.. just PATIENCE. That's all we need.

One thing is sure. Like NS1 was benchmark and defined lot iOS standards for many years, NS2 will move all iOS DAW segment to whole new level and will repeat and multiply success of NS1 - that is something i bet anytime ..

• So iOS12 will come first...?
    :trollface:

• edited April 2018

@dendy said:
    yeah :-) I was also wondering that in BM3 intua throwed away all good stuff which wat stolen from NS1 in BM2 :-D :-D And they steal bad stuff from NI iMaschine 2 :-D :-D ... i bet, if NS2 would be released before 2 years, BM3 would now look a very different :-D :-D :-D

Are you being serious ?
    Lets continue down those lines and start to go in to how much NanoStudios developer stole from Cubase (the first left to right linear arranger) oh wait you dont want to do that do you, you just want to fit everything in to your little bubble of history.
    Your post is just as disrespectful to Intua as the OPs is to Blip.

What is it with users here using whatever thread they can to run their own little pointless vendettas against some developer or another ?
    You do realise these guys do this IOS stuff mostly as a hobby, enjoy the ride and stop picking sides, its ridiculous.

• What we need is a developer dream team. Everyone coming together to create a mega app combining the strengths of everyone's skills.

• NanoStudio brought me back to music making after I had to put the hardware studio in storage because I moved a lot. I remember walking along the Ruhr river browsing random stuff on my brand new iPhone 4 right out of the store in town, and then saw this "Full studio on a phone" thing and thought "Haha, ridiculous!!!"... in the next few days I ran into multiple street lights finishing my first EDM productions in YEARS, anywhere I wanted, without frustration, and with a quality rivaling that of a ton of power-consuming machines and miles of cables :)

• Ns2 will drop and when it does it will be amazing. I have no doubts that Blip will knock it out of the park. The wait has been very hard on Ns1 fans especially since it no longer runs on iOS 11. We are lucky to have developers like Blip, Intua, Bram, single cell software, Yonac, Michael, Jonathan, etc.
    They make amazing creations for us to enjoy and we need to be thankful and support them. These guys are one man armies that compete with the big guys on every level. Ns1 was the reason why I got an iOS device. It was ground breaking and now it is legendary. Ns2 will be an instabuy the moment it comes out. It's the only app that would make me upgrade my iPad if I needed to. Now let's talk about the real white unicorn, BM3. What's taking so long? Intua still hasn't given a release date. Moan, groan, mumble, grumble.

• . It's the only app that would make me upgrade my iPad if I needed to.

Based on some infos from public forums, NS2 will be actually only DAW which make you NOT NEED upgrade your iPad :-D

• @dendy said:

. It's the only app that would make me upgrade my iPad if I needed to.

Based on some infos from public forums, NS2 will be actually only DAW which make you NOT NEED upgrade your iPad :-D

That is another great thing with NS1. The synth and FX might not on par with the latest and greatest anymore but i could easy run 16 eden synths on my iPhone 4. Try that with Model D :)

• iOS music producers are truly blessed to have so many affordable apps. My iPhone & iPad rival my expensive collection of hardware. Like many on this forum, NS1 brought me back to music. I have tried, and occassionally still dabble, with other iOS DAW, but none just ‘click’ with my personal workflow as well as NS1, which of course I am still using to make 98% of my music.

Some people may just ‘click’ with another DAW app (BM3, Auria, Cubasis, etc.), or prefer full-blown desktop DAW like Live. We don’t need to argue which one is better than all the others, but I do find discussion comparing the pros & cons of the various apps to be useful. Sometimes I can learn little tips from that. I hope no one will be put off by the perhaps seemingly cult-like adoration of Nanostudio. If someone works better in another app, that’s great. We are fortunate enough to be able to afford to use multiple DAW apps in iOS - that would hurt the wallet a lot more on PC or Mac.

• edited April 2018

Few notes from Matt about current status of Nanostudio 2 developement .. still no ETA but generally good news, not much stuff remains to finish ;-)

Discussion starting from this post :
    http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11956#comment-34585

• So? You have nothing else to do but crave this app? There are other AMAZING apps to fill your time. Leave the guy alone, he perhaps unlike you, has other things to do. FFS.

• Thanks for the update @dendy. I read it as great news, as the list of left to doos is short.
    Smart move on the dev’s part to keep a low profile and not offer speculative timelines.
    I don’t know, but it feels like it is very close now. Just have to sit tight and let the dev finish. :)

• "teenagers rely on the rear part of the mentalising network to make their decisions, an area of the brain called the superior temporal sulcus. In contrast, adults use the front part, called the prefrontal cortex.

The superior temporal sulcus is involved in processing very basic behavioural actions, whereas the prefrontal cortex is involved in more complex functions such as processing how decisions affect others."

I wonder— if you grow up communicating with a glowing slab rather than talking to real people, does the (social) decision making ever get a chance to improve?

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    chronologically uptight people

:p

• @aaronpc said:

I wonder— if you grow up communicating with a glowing slab rather than talking to real people, does the (social) decision making ever get a chance to improve?

Valid point, but — are you a parent of teenagers? It is absolutely true that they rely on devices for EVERYTHING and simply don't know how to deal with boredom. But at the same time, they have had serious, probing conversations facilitated by their devices that I didn't have until my senior year of college.

• @Mr_Beak said:
    So? You have nothing else to do but crave this app? There are other AMAZING apps to fill your time. Leave the guy alone, he perhaps unlike you, has other things to do. FFS.

@dendy didn’t start this post. He is filling us in on what he knows. It seems like he has been in contact with the dev for a while. Why so harsh? A lot of people are interested in this app and its status.