Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage AU's and Garageband export BUG

Hello, there,

I have noticed if you export from Garageband, the AudioDamage AU effect units will be ignored and not present in the exported sound. Works fine with AUM.

In GB, some AudioDamage AU effects are simply ignored, with others the sound is very high @export.

Has someone found a solution and is it going to be fixed soon ?

Regards,
Thankks.

Comments

• Lot of issues with AU and GarageBand while rendering, its a known issue and no one can tell when or if it will be fixed. Too bad as it’s a really nice app.

• Thanks for the answer, that's very sad indeed.

• A known issue for a while particularly with Audio Damage, but there are indications that some fundamental AU render bugs were fixed in ios 11.3, however it requires updates from both hosts and plugins. Hope we’ll start seeing a flood of updates soon.

• edited April 2018

When you fusion/freeze tracks, they’re most of the time louder too, and you have to lower lever fader. Is it wet or/and dry signal which export louder? Hard to hear exactly with EQ or comps, not reliable. Ddmf and FAC seems to export correctly, but audio damage don’t, also Kosmonaut and all synced fx don’t, beat is offset. GarageBand issues with AU was already there one year ago. This is the reason I started trying other apps. I buyed Gadget, but also AUM and AB and progressively different synths and AU fx. AUM works perfectly with them as it’s realtime processing and recording, and its 32 bit engine works so well. Being on iPhone I hadn’t Cubasis option available. My workflow is much more interesting now, and my apps knowledge has increased a lot. My production is subdivided in different stages. I usually create sound material with AUM/AB and Blocs wave using Gadget, BeatHawk and various AU synths and fxs. Audio damage suite is essential to my sound so I use them at this stage. I then create my song structures with various tools I made with AB3/AUM and Touch OSC or KRFT/ReSlice which allow for replicate Ableton Live capabilities, allowing also AU fxs real-time midi control. And when I really need to do a classic arrangement or overdub audio parts, I use GarageBand and copy first stage’s already processed audio parts inside it to make structure, or use AUM as IAA input with AU fxs inside it, with Midi Link for sync and record wet signal directly in GB. That works nice. When GB will be fixed, it will be the killer app it’s already is without this so annoying, limiting and irritative AU issue.

• Thanks for the answers!