Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk Export... eh? Where do those files end up?

Giving this app another go to test the workflow.

Was enjoying it and impressed with the piano roll pages but then came to export midi and dialogue just says exported. No indication of next step or where they are? Same with audio?

No option to ‘open in’ or mention of files/iCloud/Dropbox.

Is there a bug with export?

Please tell me this isn’t iTunes only??

UVI...this is 2018!!

Comments

• edited April 2018

In song mode, click export and choose export, export multi, etc

Quit song mode, and click browser, go to user library, export folder, and choose the folder with date/time you just have created.

Double click wav file mixdown, or double click multi export folder and zip it, then choose zip and double click it.

Then choose export to iCloud and... you will have the choice to choose iOS files: iCloud, Dropbox, Audioshare, etc

Very counterintuitive and not that well documented I admit!!

• @Janosax said:
    In song mode, click export and choose export, export multi, etc

Quit song mode, and click browser, go to user library, export folder, and choose the folder with date/time you just have created.

Double click wav file mixdown, or double click multi export folder and zip it, then choose zip and double click it.

Then choose export to iCloud and... you will have the choice to choose iOS files: iCloud, Dropbox, Audioshare, etc

Very counterintuitive and not that well documented I admit!!

Super helpful, thank you!! :)

But yeah, that flow really needs some more helpful in-app dialog/hints.

Great to know, the midi can be exported without iTunes.

• This is something they need to streamline in my opinion

Is there a way to "play the pads" of each segment and record that ?

• Question: is there a way to move a BeatHawk project from a phone to an iPad. It looks like the Exports export audio files (mixes or stems) or MIDI, but I don't see a way to export a project from my phone so that I can open it on my iPad.

Is this possible?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Question: is there a way to move a BeatHawk project from a phone to an iPad. It looks like the Exports export audio files (mixes or stems) or MIDI, but I don't see a way to export a project from my phone so that I can open it on my iPad.

Is this possible?

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articles/115005521105-How-to-backup-all-my-BeatHawk-projects

• Tx!

@White said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Question: is there a way to move a BeatHawk project from a phone to an iPad. It looks like the Exports export audio files (mixes or stems) or MIDI, but I don't see a way to export a project from my phone so that I can open it on my iPad.

Is this possible?

https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/articles/115005521105-How-to-backup-all-my-BeatHawk-projects

• Just like gadget make sure you move your samples along with the files. It doesn’t auto save with the file

• In the cornfield?

• Still got one of the most fun/productive/quick copy patterns/song mode etc out in the wild...

• I'll wake up this thread.
    I use BEATHAWK as an AUv3 plugin in Cubasis. Because of lacking step sequencer in Cubasis I prefer to make my beats in Beathawk. Ok, I do patterns, arrange them. Song is done. But..
    1. It can't play in song mode from start. Beathawk switches to pattern mode so I need manually switch to Song mode. I would like to not doing that.
    2. So my goal was to export MIDI from Beathawk. But it exports every pad as separate midi file. Is there a way to make it only as one MIDI clip?

• @eve_ripper said:
    I'll wake up this thread.
    I use BEATHAWK as an AUv3 plugin in Cubasis. Because of lacking step sequencer in Cubasis I prefer to make my beats in Beathawk. Ok, I do patterns, arrange them. Song is done. But..
    1. It can't play in song mode from start. Beathawk switches to pattern mode so I need manually switch to Song mode. I would like to not doing that.
    2. So my goal was to export MIDI from Beathawk. But it exports every pad as separate midi file. Is there a way to make it only as one MIDI clip?

When I export midi from beathawk, I get a single multitrack midi file with each pad on its own channel.

• Sorry to awaken such and old thread however I figure it’s better than making a new one. I’m trying to export a project from my iPhone version of BeatHawk and import it into my iPad version. Exporting is fine however for the life of me I can’t work out how to import it as I can’t find the project folder on the iPad in Files. I tried AudioShare as mentioned above but that Seems to have no better visibility than the files app. The dumb Thing is that I’ve done this before successfully last year or so. Maybe iOS updates have changed things? Or I’m stupid. It’s a 50/50.

• Sorry I found it. BeatHawk has to have the most fumbling, counterintuitive file management system of any music app I’ve used. I really wish they’d sort it out as it’s such a great tool, particularly for getting ideas out quickly.