Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shit and Pissed - Cut the Cord - EP1

Hello fine folks. We are Shit and Pissed, but predominantly Shit. Mister @Jocphone is the young, virile brains...before the brawn of a sterile old punk ruins it all. At the collaboration meeting down in SOTMC a while ago, we discussed age:

Me asked He how to stay alive?
He told Me not to join MX-5.
He asked Me how to midlife crisis?
Me told He not to join Isis.

Nor the ‘Weird Fish’ garment wearing Brigade. That is just pathetic. Act your age people. Choose slow death over young thread. Started the Campaign of Pain last night. “Kill The Haughty over Forty.” It’ll catch fire everywhere but on here.

Our style? For a start, we don’t do dominoes and darts. Joc is a musician and a wizard of sound. The other bloke cannot sing. There’s some stuff about killing yourself, judging, and a bloke called Sorry. They’re shortish things so you won’t get your moneys worth. Buy a Costa ‘n’ cake instead and feel satisfied.

What you spending your 99% on Joc? This is all down to you. Thank you.

And thanks to Audiobus and SOTMC. Without it, we wouldn’t have happened. Blame the Gaffer and the Big Boss. :)

http://shitandpissed.bandcamp.com/album/cut-the-cord

https://www.dropbox.com/s/711bcx19scdejiv/cut-the-cord-back.png?dl=0

Comments

• edited April 2018

Have a football game to watch this afternoon and a few friends over. I know what the halftime show's going to be now... (Yeah Ross :sweat_smile:)

• edited April 2018

Congrats on the worst (not in a good way) band name of all time. Takes some doing. The music is terrible as well. ;)

• @Bluepunk those are some messed up songs...excellent!

• Congrats on the release! Question: is it safe to play the EP to my kids?

• @richardyot said:
    Congrats on the release! Question: is it safe to play the EP to my kids?

Thanks
    Hmm, the second may be a bit enlightening for them.. depends on your language policies and how old they are I guess.

• Since my 9 year old is autistic and enjoys the odd Torettes style tic/repetition from time to time, I won't play him this - bad enough when he picked up 'bloody' and repeated it incessantly for a few weeks. I like it though, bit of a cross between Sleaford Mods and Hacker Farm. An uplifting, fluffy dream experience.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Since my 9 year old is autistic and enjoys the odd Torettes style tic/repetition from time to time, I won't play him this - bad enough when he picked up 'bloody' and repeated it incessantly for a few weeks. I like it though, bit of a cross between Sleaford Mods and Hacker Farm. An uplifting, fluffy dream experience.

Funnily enough mine went the other way. Tried teaching her some of these words but they never stuck. Seems the kids have new words, that you wouldn't want to use.

• Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

Great job! for real for real for real

• Tell me about the apps used and the process please

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

In California under Alice.

Thanks. But you’re not supposed to fucking love it you fool.

JOC? HELP! Technicals question. :)

• All right, then. I'm a fan of the Residents and Throbbing Gristle, and this was a cool, disorienting listen. The album art makes it. No more bland soundscapes for the rest of the day.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    All right, then. I'm a fan of the Residents and Throbbing Gristle, and this was a cool, disorienting listen. The album art makes it. No more bland soundscapes for the rest of the day.

Thanks @ExAsperis99 . It seems the easiest thing in the world but it's probably taken us over a year to get on to Bandcamp. Lazy bastards we are! :lol:

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Tell me about the apps used and the process please

@Bluepunk said:

Err, Cut The Cord started with me trying to make my own Karplus-Strong style effect in SnuoVx. I nearly got there but found a weird rope stretching sound instead that really did things for me. Recently I took the track into Reason to beef it up a little. When Bluey does his thing, and I don't know how he does it, suddenly your doodling turns into a brilliant song. His sense of timing and playfulness makes a huge difference.

A. Fucking Psycho was a really horrible sketch with fake trombone and bassoon, done in Ableton with some mad wiring/routing setup. I really thought it would be impossible for anyone to sing over but Bluey proved me wrong again. I had some random lyrics about some shit that had upset me and he did an ace job of making that into a song. Honestly, every time @bluepunk sends me his vocals I have to pick myself up off the floor.

Yeah Ross I have to keep secret because Bluey thinks I conjured up some diabolical contract in the making of it and I don't want to ruin it for him.

• Just had a listen to the first track and couldn't help but imagine a Dalek remix - maybe this is what it sounds like in a Dalek's brain? Strangely compelling actually! :smile:

• Moved to Creations category, @Bluepunk

• @Jocphone said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Bluepunk said:

Err, Cut The Cord started with me trying to make my own Karplus-Strong style effect in SnuoVx. I nearly got there but found a weird rope stretching sound instead that really did things for me. Recently I took the track into Reason to beef it up a little. When Bluey does his thing, and I don't know how he does it, suddenly your doodling turns into a brilliant song. His sense of timing and playfulness makes a huge difference.

A. Fucking Psycho was a really horrible sketch with fake trombone and bassoon, done in Ableton with some mad wiring/routing setup. I really thought it would be impossible for anyone to sing over but Bluey proved me wrong again. I had some random lyrics about some shit that had upset me and he did an ace job of making that into a song. Honestly, every time @bluepunk sends me his vocals I have to pick myself up off the floor.

Yeah Ross I have to keep secret because Bluey thinks I conjured up some diabolical contract in the making of it and I don't want to ruin it for him.

Contract was signed at the crossroads.

I cosigned for you.

• @Bluepunk said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

I will refuse..................

fuck you

;)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Jocphone said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Bluepunk said:

Contract was signed at the crossroads.

I cosigned for you.

Glad to hear you’ve got my back @RUST( i )K

Oh, wait.. :confounded:

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Bluepunk said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

fuck you

;)

@RUST( i )K said:

@Bluepunk said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

fuck you

;)

Congratulations. You already possess the minimum amount of spite/sarcasm required inside your being to join the ban club. Just one thing though dad... please leave those age defining slippers and feeble fawn cords at the door. Strewth.

Thanks for listening. :)

• There’s a primal, energy infused, intentionally disturbing feel to these songs. The antithesis of Radio Gormless.

• @Zen210507 said:
    There’s a primal, energy infused, intentionally disturbing feel to these songs. The antithesis of Radio Gormless.

We'll take that. Thanks Zen

• @Bluepunk said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Bluepunk said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

fuck you

;)

@RUST( i )K said:

@Bluepunk said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Oh Hi Jello

Where you been!

Fucking loved it

fuck you

;)

Congratulations. You already possess the minimum amount of spite/sarcasm required inside your being to join the ban club. Just one thing though dad... please leave those age defining slippers and feeble fawn cords at the door. Strewth.

Thanks for listening. :)

Slippers = Rubbers?

• Sounding good guys, congrats on the release :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Sounding good guys, congrats on the release :)

Thanks Andy

• Congratulations on the release! Very interesting stuff.

• @supanorton said:
    Congratulations on the release! Very interesting stuff.

Thanks @supanorton

@Bluepunk is on a roadtrip but I'm sure he would appreciate the sentiments.

• Very good! Bravo! Congrats to you both!