Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - April 2018

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

SoundCloud account:

https://soundcloud.com/song-of-the-month-club

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Out on the frontier
    You're Floating through the stratosphere
    Right here on the edge
    You're Dangling on the ledge

Scanning the unknown
    You're Out here on your own
    Where the air is thin
    Where no-one’s ever been

Living on the edge
    Between life and the mystery
    Right here on the edge
    Of nothing or of history

Walking down the hall
    Are you two or ten feet tall?
    Who is it you see?
    Who have you got for company?

Do they wish you well?
    And can you even tell?
    Up here on the peak
    It's not their praise you seek

Living on the edge
    Between life and the mystery
    Right here on the edge
    Of nothing or of history

• edited April 2018

@richardyot I listened twice straight through. Bass line is awesome. First few lines made me think of Bowie. The way the vocals are mixed kind of give that otherworldly vibe that seems to match the subject material of the song. I also really liked how it ends abruptly, really cool way to emphasize that last line. Great job.

I'm fairly new to iOS music making and to the forum. Hoping to make April my first foray into SOTMC.

• @mjcouche said:
    @richardyot I listened twice straight through. Bass line is awesome. First few lines made me think of Bowie. The way the vocals are mixed kind of give that otherworldly vibe that seems to match the subject material of the song. I also really liked how it ends abruptly, really cool way to emphasize that last line. Great job.

I'm fairly new to iOS music making and to the forum. Hoping to make April my first foray into SOTMC.

Thanks for the feedback - and looking forward to your entry, welcome to the world of iOS :)

• Bit messy, too long, not a great vocal, but at least I finally, fiiinally got something done...
    I think it comes across better with the volume up. Hides a multitude of sins

P

• Great song, @richardyot! Did you play that bass or was it an app? Well done!

• Loved it, @crouchie: this song has a touch of Human League to my ears.

• @crouchie I like what you are doing with the vocal lines, especially in the background. Moves along nicely.

• @mjcouche said:
    @crouchie I like what you are doing with the vocal lines, especially in the background. Moves along nicely.

Thank u, and looking forward to hearing ur tunes

• @theconnactic said:
    Loved it, @crouchie: this song has a touch of Human League to my ears.

Many thanks. I’ve had a tune compared to Heaven 17 on here before, which caused a degree of hilarity amongst those at my end :-(
    Human League is fair enough mind. I’m just glad I finally got something together at last. So many apps, no creativity! Cheers

• My entry for this month: Craving -

• @theconnactic said:
    Great song, @richardyot! Did you play that bass or was it an app? Well done!

Thanks - bass was done in GarageBand, most of the song was put together there.

• Korg Gadget gangsters here B)

Tried to develop the idea of ​​the last track, and in the end something new was born

• April SOTMC playlist on SoundCloud:

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

@richardyot your arrangements & ability to shape different sounds just keep getting better man. Everything is present, well recorded, plus there’s enough air & space in the arrangement to allow everything to breathe and really play off each other.

Great track brother...

• @richardyot your song sounds great, this coming from someone who prefers instrumental arrangements - if you heard my singing you would understand :) I really like the rhythm section, and how the drums are synced to the song. I have not found that ability with Garageband... yet. One word: Inspiring.

• @theconnactic said:
    My entry for this month: Craving -

Another outstanding track Dmitri. Like what I said about @richardyot totally applies to you too; your skills continue to grow & everything is well recorded and well mixed. Very cool.-

• @theconnactic, Craving was mesmerizing. Do you make your own video too?

• Hey folks. Creating sounds with IOS has opened a new range of exploration for me -- from an avid 70's rocker playing a mean radio dial, to a hippy percussionist at Rainbow Gatherings around the country, to using synths in ways I've never gone before. My selection for the month of April is something I called Kite Flying.

• @crouchie said:

Bit messy, too long, not a great vocal, but at least I finally, fiiinally got something done...

P

Wow! Those stream of consciousness, hyper visually literate lyrics are really unique and something you should explore again @crouchie. Really cool track man...

• @crouchie said:

Bit messy, too long, not a great vocal, but at least I finally, fiiinally got something done...

P

It took several listens to hear everything ... I'm glad I took the time. The way you pan the vocals caught my ear in a good way.

• @JRSIV said:

@crouchie said:

P

Wow! Those stream of consciousness, hyper visually literate lyrics are really unique and something you should explore again @crouchie. Really cool track man...

Thank you, really kind!

• @DBecker said:

@crouchie said:

P

It took several listens to hear everything ... I'm glad I took the time. The way you pan the vocals caught my ear in a good way.

Thank u, several listens is more than I could ask!! ;-)

• Lots of good tracks here this month. Looks like the season of regeneration is well upon us :)

Here's the first half of my next EP:

https://lucidmusicinc.bandcamp.com/album/enigmatic

• @DBecker said:
    Hey folks. Creating sounds with IOS has opened a new range of exploration for me -- from an avid 70's rocker playing a mean radio dial, to a hippy percussionist at Rainbow Gatherings around the country, to using synths in ways I've never gone before. My selection for the month of April is something I called Kite Flying.

Really enjoyed this! Bravo!

• @moff said:
    Korg Gadget gangsters here B)

Tried to develop the idea of ​​the last track, and in the end something new was born

Great track. It kind of reminds me of video game music. Curious about the image you used in the video - did you create it?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Lots of good tracks here this month. Looks like the season of regeneration is well upon us :)

Very beautiful, climatic. Thumbs up!

• edited April 2018

@theconnactic said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Lots of good tracks here this month. Looks like the season of regeneration is well upon us :)

Very beautiful, climatic. Thumbs up!

Thanks! I'm using Gadget, Mono/Poly for the chords and Tokyo for the drums. I was going for that 909/Electribe SX Sampler sound.

• @theconnactic thanks!
    Yeah, kind of videogame music :)

Image is not mine, find it somewhere

• This month is a bit of Gospel Soulful House, & a Disco Mix of the same vocal acapella (it's also just been signed up with Disco Balls Records)...... Enjoy!..... ;)

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Very deep and relaxing
    Great as always, you have very good taste in music