Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using FAC TRANSIENT & MAXIMA To Help Shape Your Mix In Cubasis - iPad Tutorial

This also features FAC Chorus and Dubstation but to a lesser degree, I hope you find some of this interesting and helpful

You can get FAC Transient here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr I hope you found this useful, I didn't compare this to the NY Compression trick in the video, I don't think this could replace that effect really

• edited April 2018

Even cloth ears like mine can hear the difference. So the next project is likely to be with drum and bass separated from other instruments before sequencing. Will lkeep the rest as they are currently being done, as it seems to work for us.

Not that I am doing much today, Doug, after having eye scraped with needles yesterday. Corneal ulcer. You’ll be familiar with this kind of thing.

BTW, don’t you find that once maxima is on one track, it has to be on others.

• @Zen210507 Yes, I tend stick Maxima on lots of tracks too and Transient, just in case

• Thanks for this timely video. I’m finding I’m reaching for all three FAC apps for everything and loving what I’m able to do and hearing great results. Stellar apps so glad I picked them up

• BTW, the sale didn’t last long! Went to buy this via Doug’s link, having looked at it again the other day. Then found it had gone up again.

Not saying it isn’t worth it, but by Jove a fellow has to be quick these days to get a bargain.

• It’s totally worth it!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr I hope you found this useful, I didn't compare this to the NY Compression trick in the video, I don't think this could replace that effect really

Thanks a lot Doug. I always learn something from you.

• Great vids Doug!!

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr
    Regarding NY Compression as far as I remember is a synonym of parallel compression. And so the ability to mix processed and unprocessed signals. Should be easily done with the WET/DRY knob. Let's take an extreme example to illustrate trick: fire an instance of FAC Maxima put some drums take the "Drums floor" preset and play with the WET/DRY knob, beware to your output levels. FAC Transient also got an WET/DRY knob.