Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Updates to Navichord today 2/4/18

13»

Comments

• Oh, forgot to mention, there is also a new MIDI CC Learn option for guitar pedals, have fun!

• edited May 2018

@Navichord said:
    Oh, forgot to mention, there is also a new MIDI CC Learn option for guitar pedals, have fun!

Hello Mr Navichord, nice update! What « Keep chord voicing for all picker columns » does exactly?

• @Janosax said:

@Navichord said:
    Oh, forgot to mention, there is also a new MIDI CC Learn option for guitar pedals, have fun!

Hello Mr Navichord, nice update! What « Keep chord voicing for all picker columns » does exactly?

Before, when you make a selection in the chord picker, voicing was reset. In this version voicing is always preserved, for example if you change root or chord type.

• @Navichord said:

@Janosax said:

@Navichord said:

Before, when you make a selection in the chord picker, voicing was reset. In this version voicing is always preserved, for example if you change root or chord type.

Thanks for answer. About voicing zone on bottom keyboard, is it possible to set it on something else than C to B with octave variations? Could be nice to scroll that octave voicing zone by half tone, and even to change left/right limits. Could even be auto affected by auto scale root as an option. I know it’s always possible to edit chords but that voicing zone is nice and helps to work quickly.

• @Janosax said:

@Navichord said:

@Janosax said:

@Navichord said:

Thanks for answer. About voicing zone on bottom keyboard, is it possible to set it on something else than C to B with octave variations? Could be nice to scroll that octave voicing zone by half tone, and even to change left/right limits. Could even be auto affected by auto scale root as an option. I know it’s always possible to edit chords but that voicing zone is nice and helps to work quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    The slider on the bottom of the keyboard is not for voicing, this is octave control for other tabs (grid + keyboard) + note visualization.
    If I re-purpose it as voicing I would need to find another way to control octaves for other screens or rework those screens to match new octave selection. It looks to me that this would only bring small benefit for significant effort.

• @Navichord said:

After this update .. the chord picker is not opening up at all for me after clicking the edit option
    So basically I cannot manual edit existing chords

Iphone8plus and the latest iOS version

• Now I can't wait until you add a separate BASS output ( with its own riffs or arpeggios etc )

• Oooooh now you got me thinking :p

@nonchai said:
    Now I can't wait until you add a separate BASS output ( with its own riffs or arpeggios etc )

• @hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

After this update .. the chord picker is not opening up at all for me after clicking the edit option

Sorry to hear that. I can't reproduce it on simulator or iPhone 7, can you please make a video?

• edited May 2018

@Navichord said:

@Janosax said:

@Navichord said:

@Janosax said:

@Navichord said:

Thanks for the suggestion!
    The slider on the bottom of the keyboard is not for voicing, this is octave control for other tabs (grid + keyboard) + note visualization.
    If I re-purpose it as voicing I would need to find another way to control octaves for other screens or rework those screens to match new octave selection. It looks to me that this would only bring small benefit for significant effort.

Ok I understand. As chords notes stay in that keyboard zone I was thinking its purpose was for octave and voicings.

Perhaps an easier way to do things could be to create a switchable option to adapt voicing zone related to root note/auto scale?

For example, if root is C, voicings are from C to B, and if it’s F they’re from F to E. Bottom keyboard zone keeps changing only octave that way.

Sometimes, voicings don’t sounds like I want, too low or too high if they’re limited from C to B. So I have to change them manually in chords edit. A such option should make workflow even faster.

• @Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

Sorry to hear that. I can't reproduce it on simulator or iPhone 7, can you please make a video?

Sent to drop box

• This sure got a lot more complicated all of a sudden. Going to have to sit down and figure out what all this new stuff does. I didn’t really understand the requests for these features when they were being made previously, either.

Some illustrative videos of what these new features are used for would help. The verbal explanations leave a lot to be desired.

• @hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

Sent to drop box

Looks strange. Can you try uninstall, then install again? Note, user presets will be removed. Preset backup is possible via iTunes File Sharing.

• @Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

Sent to drop box

Looks strange. Can you try uninstall, then install again? Note, user presets will be removed. Preset backup is possible via iTunes File Sharing.

Thanks That’s worked but I messed the preset backup part.. what is the right way to do preset backup? I lost all my presets

• @CracklePot said:
    This sure got a lot more complicated all of a sudden. Going to have to sit down and figure out what all this new stuff does. I didn’t really understand the requests for these features when they were being made previously, either.

Some illustrative videos of what these new features are used for would help. The verbal explanations leave a lot to be desired.

I hear you, maybe it is time to make a proper manual or a long tutorial.

• @hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

Sent to drop box

Thanks That’s worked but I messed the preset backup part.. what is the right way to do preset backup? I lost all my presets

Sorry for that. See below how to access presets via iTunes File Sharing. To backup, just drag and drop your presets to desktop.

• @Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Navichord said:

Sent to drop box

Sorry for that. See below how to access presets via iTunes File Sharing. To backup, just drag and drop your presets to desktop.

thanks, I was looking for preset backing in app itself

• Hi Navichord!
    I just bought the app, but it displays the Russian verson on my iPad! I can‘t read the GUI. What do I have to do to change to English menues?

• @Nextom said:
    Hi Navichord!
    I just bought the app, but it displays the Russian verson on my iPad! I can‘t read the GUI. What do I have to do to change to English menues?

The app is using system language (when translated). To remove Russian from the app you need to remove the language from your system settings.