Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iCloud question

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

Ok so I got my new IPad Air and did a restore from my Ipad3 where all my music apps are. Every thing seemed to go smooth and all my various Cubasis and BM2 projects loaded OK and all of my presets that I've created in Nave ,Animoog,StepPolyArp etc. Loaded fine.Then after a few days I couldn't get Animoog to work with Audiobus so after rebooting and reinstalling Audiobus And it still wouldn't work I decided to delete and reinstall Animoog.So from the App Store I reloaded Animoog but now I lost all of my presets and 4track recordings.So my question is how do I restore from my iCloud backup instead of from MoogMusic?

Comments

• Your apps are stored with iCloud, that is, minus all other information you've done within a particular app. That is my understanding. What you haven't done, it seems, is you did not do a backup of your iPad on your computer to enable a restore of settings of apps. You need to sync the current state of your iPad with your computer so that the last back up or previous backup can be made available to your iDevices at any time. You should backup via iTunes always. Hope this helps.

You can always check on the Apple website for all things iCloud.

• First of all I meant the App Store not MoogMusic.secondly,my computer died! But when I restored from my Ipad3 to my IPad Air the apps AND all of my presets loaded.Then when I had to reinstall Animoog only the app and factory presets loaded. It's like there's 2 different IClouds and I want to pick the one with all my presets and recordings but I don't see how!

• edited November 2013

If the original iCloud backup from the old iPad is still there, reset/wipe your Air and do a new restore from that old backup again (remember to backup anything on your Air you don't wanna lose). If Animoog gives you trouble again, grab your presets and audio files before deleting it this time, using any PC/Mac iDevice file explorer such as iFunbox or similar program. They're free so just install it on your computer, plug your idevice in and find the Animoog folder. You could check iTunes filesharing first and see if Animoog put your stuff in there..

@FrankieJay Nope, the other way around. iCloud stores all the data/info for all your apps, not the actual apps. The apps are downloaded from the AppStore as usual when doing a restore. It's just like an iTunes backup, but you're restricted to 5GB (unless you choose to upgrade the iCloud storage plan obviously).

• Cheers ChrisG

• edited November 2013

Just gone from ipad 4 to air and done the icloud restore but Auria is stuck loading.....tried resetting and restoring again and still stuck.....

Any ideas ?

Edit* it's now working after nearly an hour wait...:)