Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado+Cubasis.. anyone?

edited April 2018 in Support and Feedback

Hi

I have a midi track running ruismaker and I would like to run turnado to make effects on the audio output of this track.

How should I do this? I’ve been messing around for a while and it doesnt seem to exist a good solution.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited April 2018

Well that was just weird, tried it as you and loaded it as an Insert Effect and Turnado would not respond. Loaded it up in AUM to make sure nothing was wrong with Turnado and all was good. Returned to Cubasis and loaded it as a Send Effect and it worked as per my previous statement before the edit. Then just tried it as an Insert Effect again and all is good again.

Weird.

• edited April 2018

You can freeze de midi clip to audio, put Turnado in an insert slot and freeze again ;)

• edited April 2018

@Ivan_Dj said:
    You can freeze de midi clip to audio, put Turnado in an insert slot and freeze again ;)

Ok, but how do I record the performance I do in turnado?. So imagine I hit record in cubasis and i move the knobs in Turnado but no automatation is recorded ( so the effects of Turnado simply show the last state you left the buttons). How do I record this automation??

• Mmmm I don't think is possible Cubasis but I'm sure you can do it in BM3.

• @AlexB said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

Ok, but how do I record the performance I do in turnado?. So imagine I hit record in cubasis and i move the knobs in Turnado but no automatation is recorded ( so the effects of Turnado simply show the last state you left the buttons). How do I record this automation??

So Turnado is an IAA effect, and that being the case, you can’t do the normal automation routine like you use for Cubasis internal FX, or even AU type FX now. You have to drive the IAA app with midi from Cubasis, but trigger the FX parameters externally in a standalone mode.

The way to do it is record the automation in Cubasis using the built in controls like the modwheel of the Cubasis KB. Record this midi info onto a midi track, then assign this info to the correct CC in the FX app interface, probably in its settings/options section, but you have to find it for your particular app. You may need to midi learn the the connection before you record the automation as well.

I don’t have Turnado, so I can’t offer any specifics. But the general method is basically the same, the difference lies in how the particular IAA has you setup the midi connections for parameter automation.

Here is a link where the workflow is for setting up Tonestack automation in Cubasis.
    https://jimhanks.wordpress.com/2017/09/18/using-tonestack-in-cubasis-with-midi-automation/

• @CracklePot said:

@AlexB said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

So Turnado is an IAA effect, and that being the case, you can’t do the normal automation routine like you use for Cubasis internal FX, or even AU type FX now. You have to drive the IAA app with midi from Cubasis, but trigger the FX parameters externally in a standalone mode.

The way to do it is record the automation in Cubasis using the built in controls like the modwheel of the Cubasis KB. Record this midi info onto a midi track, then assign this info to the correct CC in the FX app interface, probably in its settings/options section, but you have to find it for your particular app. You may need to midi learn the the connection before you record the automation as well.

I don’t have Turnado, so I can’t offer any specifics. But the general method is basically the same, the difference lies in how the particular IAA has you setup the midi connections for parameter automation.

Here is a link where the workflow is for setting up Tonestack automation in Cubasis.
    https://jimhanks.wordpress.com/2017/09/18/using-tonestack-in-cubasis-with-midi-automation/

Hi, I finally made it happen. Many thanks!

• Impressive. Many thanks

• @AlexB @Ivan_Dj You both are very welcome. :)