Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Circuit: Song Session Jam Thread

I was thinking about a thread dedicated to Circuit jams/songs with NO other apps or effects. Excluding of course like compression or EQ.

But basically sounds only coming from the Circuit.

I find that the Circuit has made me really dig deep in creativity so I figured it has for others.

I also remember when I didn't have one last year I would have loved to seen what members were really doing musically.

I appreciate all those Youtube channels on music but for real the AB forum family is the only game in town for real moth-a f-uckas' making' real music that I give a shit about!

So mount up and post your Novation Circuit werk y'all!

Here is my first post:

Slow chill ambient piece with some bit byte fill type sounds.

I am actually using the Peak sound pack and digging the shit out of it for the last 2 months.

I find that because the sounds that are sampled are made with the Peak, they have a more natural timbre and tone and sample rate make up that seem most natural with Synth 1 and 2.

At times I would have amazing packs of samples made up but it seemed they didn't fit with the synth sounds naturally. The peak pack to me is perfect.

Interested in what types of samples and packs and presets you also use.

Perhaps this is a good place to trade those as well. Frankly, after a while having this Circuit I still run into issues uploading and saving presets and samples.

I do use the Isotonik app to control it when setting up a session but then while using the session I stick with the on board macro and parameters only. I use the app editor to set up my macros for what I am after.

Comments

• Digging the peak samples too, got the just switched from the team novation pack... so got the original synth patches on it again... I’ll see if I get anything done... got a stack of other tracks backed up, just need to get them uploaded!

• What about sequencing – circuit on-board only?

• edited April 2018

@u0421793 said:
    What about sequencing – circuit on-board only?

Yes.

For me.

Sometimes I like to use StepPolyArp or B Step Sequencing Circuit.

I don't use it to seq much external apps.

If you look here is my set up.

I generally use the iPad Air 2 for "main" iPad for my DAW/AUM/Recording/Main iOS apps

I have the Launchkey Launchpad Pro and Launchkey going through the Novation Audiohub into this iPad.

I then use the second iPad Air with the Circuit app open on that and the Circuit plugged in via CCK into 2nd / supplemental iPad.

I use the second iPad on the right for mainly non midi app like TC, Kaossilaor, KMACHINE, HOOK, and I run iMPC on that iPad as well. The secondary iPad is my "Circuit" iPad where I have the isotonik app open and MIDI LINK SYNC from Coding Cod to sync it up with iPad #1.

The audio from the Circuit goes into the mixer as does the audio from the secondary iPad. That Audio is then fed into the Novation audio hub back into iPad Air 2.

I use an iPhone 8 for some MIDI controlling or for testing sounds or previewing if in a live mix scenario.

My other set up is just swapping out second iPad using MacBook with Ableton as primary and the iPad Air 2 as the supplemental iPad into the Circuit. I then run the Audio the same way to the other iPad to the MacBook. I also use same Circuit config so I am only getting audio from Circuit into Ableton. I use the other controllers to input data into Ableton.

• @id_23 said:
    Digging the peak samples too, got the just switched from the team novation pack... so got the original synth patches on it again... I’ll see if I get anything done... got a stack of other tracks backed up, just need to get them uploaded!

Good deal.

• Straight Old School Techno / Hard House

Did this the other morning and thought I would show a different style possible with JUST a Novation Circuit and some "knobbery".. ;)

Hope if you dig old NYC style hard club techno shit that you enjoy.

It has the old Crobar 6:15am vibe to me.

• I am going to have to get the peak pack and see what happens :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I am going to have to get the peak pack and see what happens :)

I swear that the Peak pack due to its "soft edges on the sounds, works to the advantage of the lack of precision of modulation live with the Circuit.

I have not changed the Peak pack out in months now.

All of the sounds sound "like real" analog in conjunction with synth 1 and 2.

So the drums always seem to compliment not compete or clash with the "less than 100% predictable synth engines when used live.

I did not use the app with this.

I only set up Macros with the app.

I see it got BT?

• What got BT?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    What got BT?

Bluetooth, the app no?

• Here is this am morning jam before heading out.............

Little bit battle tech flavor.........

• @RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    What got BT?

Bluetooth, the app no?

I don't see any BT options...don't have BT MIDI anyway LOL

Nice jam btw :)
    You really can't beat circuit for this sort of stuff...it is so instant and rewarding.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Here is this am morning jam before heading out.............

cool man. just got back home with my circuit sitting here. here we go...

• @Redo1 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Let's hear brother man!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    What got BT?

Bluetooth, the app no?

I don't see any BT options...don't have BT MIDI anyway LOL

Nice jam btw :)
    You really can't beat circuit for this sort of stuff...it is so instant and rewarding.

Oops

I know what happen....whoops

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Redo1 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Let's hear brother man!

I haven't had it long. I've got some decent loops created but creating a song is not something I've got to yet.

• Just a little snippet of what I'm currently working on with Circuit....