Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis .......is it just me ?

1235»

Comments

• @Crabman : you might find this article about CPU load comparisons worthwhile:

https://wiki.audiob.us/cpu_load_comparisons_and_testing

(Short version: unless overloading, they don't tell one much).

• interesting,thanks

• @Crabman said:
    But in Cubasis it's already there as well,only for Midi and FX though.i'm obviously not an expert so i don't know if it makes such a big difference to instruments.Need to check Auria if it's the same there.

Have to say i'm quite pleased how Cubasis (and generally AUv3) developed the last one and a half year.End of 2017 i stopped making music on ipad almost completely (only used it as an external effect prozessor until it finally died last autumn) because i was frustrated about neverending small bugs and workflow stopper (cause my 3 favorite DAW apps were all good in something different but none mastered everything well and i was tired of bouncing,copying&recording back and forth.so i went back to Mac and Logic and even Hardware only for a while).

I'm just exploring all the"new"goodies (love midi plugins) and it all runs pretty good and so far tight (finally!) and stable.

The CPU meter is behaving a little weird though.I assume this is related to(different?)"low power mode"of newer ipads?Because on my old Air 2 it was more accurate.

So,thanks @LFS and Steinberg for continuously pushing it forward.I also like the Micro Arp although i wish it had more than 16 steps.Thats very Techno :)

Another one for the list: switch between normal and small (like half the width )mixer channels would be handy in bigger projects.Similar to Logic or Cubase (of course)
    Oh,and definitely more insert slots for the master.And Group channels ;)

Thank you very much for the kind feedback, @Crabman!

So,thanks @LFS and Steinberg for continuously pushing it forward.

It's our small but supergreat team who push things forward here...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Crabman said:
    But in Cubasis it's already there as well,only for Midi and FX though.i'm obviously not an expert so i don't know if it makes such a big difference to instruments.Need to check Auria if it's the same there.

Have to say i'm quite pleased how Cubasis (and generally AUv3) developed the last one and a half year.End of 2017 i stopped making music on ipad almost completely (only used it as an external effect prozessor until it finally died last autumn) because i was frustrated about neverending small bugs and workflow stopper (cause my 3 favorite DAW apps were all good in something different but none mastered everything well and i was tired of bouncing,copying&recording back and forth.so i went back to Mac and Logic and even Hardware only for a while).

I'm just exploring all the"new"goodies (love midi plugins) and it all runs pretty good and so far tight (finally!) and stable.

The CPU meter is behaving a little weird though.I assume this is related to(different?)"low power mode"of newer ipads?Because on my old Air 2 it was more accurate.

So,thanks @LFS and Steinberg for continuously pushing it forward.I also like the Micro Arp although i wish it had more than 16 steps.Thats very Techno :)

Another one for the list: switch between normal and small (like half the width )mixer channels would be handy in bigger projects.Similar to Logic or Cubase (of course)
    Oh,and definitely more insert slots for the master.And Group channels ;)

Thank you very much for the kind feedback, @Crabman!

So,thanks @LFS and Steinberg for continuously pushing it forward.

It's our small but supergreat team who push things forward here...

Best,
    Lars

Am I right in saying that one cannot import samples into Cubasis while retaining the original file structure? I want to buy some samples and import them into Cubasis, but I've tried the import and it seems to strip away all directory information and just do a massive file dump into a flat structure. Is this right?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@audio_DT said:

Am I right in saying that one cannot import samples into Cubasis while retaining the original file structure? I want to buy some samples and import them into Cubasis, but I've tried the import and it seems to strip away all directory information and just do a massive file dump into a flat structure. Is this right?

+1 I’ve been wondering exactly the same thing

Any pro tips on managing media in Cubasis?

I don't have any pro tips, myself, no. It just seems baffling that one cannot copy across, say, a load of samples bought online. You can do it, but everything will seemingly go into one long, unwieldy list, tacked onto the end of all one's other samples. Surely there must be a better way?

• @d4d0ug said:

@audio_DT said:

Wait for @LFS and his team to add an option to browse the Cubasis documents folder as it is seen in the Files.app using the Cubasis Media Browser with sub folders and everything else (It's already possible to dump folders of files into the Cubasis Documents folder using Files.app but no way to access them inside Cubasis).

• @Samu said:

@d4d0ug said:

@audio_DT said:

Wait for @LFS and his team to add an option to browse the Cubasis documents folder as it is seen in the Files.app using the Cubasis Media Browser with sub folders and everything else (It's already possible to dump folders of files into the Cubasis Documents folder using Files.app but no way to access them inside Cubasis).

Is this in the planning, then? I hope so. I'm keen to get into a bit of sampling stuff, but iOS is not the greatest in this area, it seems. NanoStudio, I discovered last night, has wonderful tools for dealing with samples - but no audio tracks! That's such a shame. I know it's in the list of things to come, but, for now, iOS seems pretty bereft in this area, unless I'm missing something? I know BM3 is brilliant with samples, tbh, but it's not the friendliest DAW in existence ... and it's buggy as hell. But if Cubasis implements a proper file structure, that will be grand.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@Samu said:

@d4d0ug said:

@audio_DT said:

Ah ok, not yet then....

I have to confess that these very basic omissions in iOS daws do make me want to turn to the desktop. But I live in hope and really love the iPad as a music-making platform, so I'll persevere and hope that iPadOS unleashes the floodgates to proper file management, etc.

• @audio_DT said:

so I'll persevere and hope that iPadOS unleashes the floodgates to proper file management, etc.

It will change things on system level but I wonder how long it will take for all the app updates to drop as 'adoption' of iOS features seems to take for ever... (Like 'Open In...' to send files to any app and 'Document Picker' to open files).

• @Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

so I'll persevere and hope that iPadOS unleashes the floodgates to proper file management, etc.

It will change things on system level but I wonder how long it will take for all the app updates to drop as 'adoption' of iOS features seems to take for ever... (Like 'Open In...' to send files to any app and 'Document Picker' to open files).

@Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

Yes, I wonder that, too. Just got into NanoStudio for the last couple of days and thought, "this is great at importing samples into folders". But no audio tracks is a bit of a bummer, isn't it? I do wish a full-blown sequencer would be released by one of the big boys. I don't mind paying for it - I just want an 'all-in-one' solution, rather than having to devise 'workarounds' for things. I want to get into the sampling side of things a bit, but I want to do that in a sequencer. On iOS, there's only BM3 that really caters to this, but it has its well documented problems.

• @audio_DT said:
    I don't mind paying for it - I just want an 'all-in-one' solution, rather than having to devise 'workarounds' for things..

Auria Pro allows split screen with Files App, then drag and drop .wav straight into audio track. From local or Dropbox.

• @UnoWoo said:

@audio_DT said:
    I don't mind paying for it - I just want an 'all-in-one' solution, rather than having to devise 'workarounds' for things..

Auria Pro allows split screen with Files App, then drag and drop .wav straight into audio track. From local or Dropbox.

Oh, that's interesting - I don't have Aurio Pro but will have to check this out. What's it like at dealing with audio? Does it have a decent sample player, and can it place drum samples on pads, things like that? Thanks.

• edited August 2019

@audio_DT said:
    Oh, that's interesting - I don't have Aurio Pro but will have to check this out. What's it like at dealing with audio? Does it have a decent sample player, and can it place drum samples on pads, things like that? Thanks.

Can only speak about way I use. Auria Pro is fine importing audio samples, drag and drop as said before. Can also zoom horizontal and vertical axis to high degree, editing samples in-app to high accuracy. Can then arrange samples in sequence, move around, copy, etc. For samples on pads/ live play into track, use third party AU app.

https://youtu.be/rfK96mU98ik

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@d4d0ug said:

@audio_DT said:

And Files app is getting more powerful. We can now access files inside Documents app, AudioShare app, etc from within Files app!

• @MobileMusic said:

And Files app is getting more powerful. We can now access files inside Documents app, AudioShare app, etc from within Files app!

Yepp, and once iPadOS/iOS13 is out SMB shares and USB-Drives too without any extra apps :)

What's good is that it will be possible to grants apps access to entire folder structures.
    Meaning one could organise your files in folders and then give an app full access to that folder for batch processing or maybe even a sampler of some kind. (So for example Cubasis could add an extra item in the Media Browser that points a filder that the user has granted access to).

So yeah, it will be very interesting to see what happens...

Most iOS users want proper file management and iPadOS/iOS13 is one step in that direction as long as the user is willing to keep the iOS on their devices up-to-date which seems to be something that some are hesitant to doing...

• Ok,this time i have an easy request i promise 😉 Since the CPU meter ist not really useful i would like an option to switch it off.This very nervous dancing meter is hard to overlook.It annoys me a little.I think it would free my mind to get rid of it and just work til i reach the stuttering area (or not) :)

• @Crabman said:
    Ok,this time i have an easy request i promise 😉 Since the CPU meter ist not really useful i would like an option to switch it off.This very nervous dancing meter is hard to overlook.It annoys me a little.I think it would free my mind to get rid of it and just work til i reach the stuttering area (or not) :)

Hahahahaha I feel the same. I requested that once before I realized GUI issues at Steinberg are not up for discussion.