Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I Have Created Evil (Soundscapes)

Been busy on some dark creations over the last few months of oppressive winter here in Montreal.
The concept was to be experimental, forging evil soundscapes that could be tripped out to or used in some kind of intense movie or video game soundtrack. I concentrated on sound design and live manipulation rather than the sequencing Im used to. Also embraced making music that maybe no one else will like haha.

Completed a moody 5 song EP and releasing songs with videos on youtube every 5 days with 2 out so far.
First two songs set the mood, then two crazy ones then a comedown track.
Im using my side-project name Manphibian.

Created on iPad with liberal use of Soundscaper, Photophore, Curtis, Auria Pro and various other apps.
Videos done with Wizibel, Generate and some art apps to feed Wizibel.

Track 1: Devil's Hollow

Track 2: Anomaly

Comments

• You failed at making something no one else would like.

(Enjoyed both... In case that wasn’t clear)

• Interesting soundscaping. I could detect no Beiber, therefore it is not evil. ;)

• Thanks @brice I did hope someone would get where Im coming from. Though I will understand if I lose you at the next track hehe.

@Zen210507 good point, I may have to sneak some Beebs in to future productions for true evil. 😅

Finishing up the video for track 3 which is the really freaky challenging one, will post in a few days.

• New Manphibian track posted, this is the real mind bender boundary pushing one.
    Not sure what genre to call it other than "experimental" as it's too busy and harsh to be drone or ambient.

Track 3: De/Re/Program
    (Warning Flashing Images)

If the beginning sounds silent you are missing some good sub-bass.

• These are really very very good, I also really love this one, this is top work

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    These are really very very good, I also really love this one, this is top work

Thanks @thesoundtestroom I appreciate it.

That is track 4 and features layers of live bass clarinet played by a multi instrumentalist friend.
    He can jam to anything so I challenged him with that weird drone backing track and off he went no problem, I was impressed. Its probably my favourite one of the set.
    The drone and backing music was all IOS then the bass clarinet recordings and mixdown were done in Ableton Live.

• @1nsomniak said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    These are really very very good, I also really love this one, this is top work

Thanks @thesoundtestroom I appreciate it.

That is track 4 and features layers of live bass clarinet played by a multi instrumentalist friend.
    He can jam to anything so I challenged him with that weird drone backing track and off he went no problem, I was impressed. Its probably my favourite one of the set.
    The drone and backing music was all IOS then the bass clarinet recordings and mixdown were done in Ableton Live.

Well it fabulous, I love it

• Went straight to number 3 after you mentioned it was the most evil. Come on, you must have known some of us would enjoy this. :lol:

I reckon you have more evil to give..

• @Jocphone Thanks, there is indeed a final segment of evil to come which shall be posted April 15.
    Also thanks to positive response from more than 0 people I am encouraged to share my next evil experiments.
    I purposely avoided drums in this last set but the next songs will have evil beats, two are mostly complete.

The only problem is spring is coming and Ill have less time for seething in the darkness.
    A wave of happy house may come along and derail my evil vibe at any moment.

• edited April 2018

Final Chapter posted to youtube
    Track 5: Manphibian - Experiencer

This one again uses SoundScaper but also Amos which is a unique gravity simulation midi trigger (eg. balls bouncing around triggering midi notes) sent to photophore.

• edited May 2018

New one, just 2 min of bite size evil.

Fugue machine driving Animoog and another couple synths I forgot, some combo of Thor, Addictive, Sunrizer or Magellan. Finished off with some Blocswaves beats and bits.

Found some sweet samples of a guy talking about diseases, always loved stuff like that since the industrial days but do admit there is a potential cheese factor. Ive been recording instrumental versions as well just in case.

• edited May 2018

Thought you might like to take a look at this one I composed using Cubasis drums:
    The 3D pumpkin is the one I carved at the pumpkin carving competition at our office a few years ago (but I did not win because I did not put a candle inside for it to glow :neutral: )

• edited June 2018

I put them together as an album on bandcamp:

http://manphibian.bandcamp.com/album/dark-ether-ep

(edit: link fixed)

• Very good indeed!

• These are great and I’d love to be able to emulate them, ambient/liquid drum & bass would love this.
    Thanks a lot for posting
    two thumbs up

• @EDB said:
    These are great and I’d love to be able to emulate them, ambient/liquid drum & bass would love this.
    Thanks a lot for posting
    two thumbs up

Thanks, if you're looking for similar sounds try putting Photophore and Curtis sounds into Soundscaper then find parts of that to sample for the DnB song. Actually Photophore alone would probably be good for liquid DnB.

• I’m stone cold sober at the moment and boy I was tripping listening to these. Great stuff!

• @Chaztrip said:
    I’m stone cold sober at the moment and boy I was tripping listening to these. Great stuff!

Trippyness is always a priority, thanks for the feedback :)

• Some fantastic soundtracks.

• New one, just 2 min of bite size evil.

Whoah, this is great!

• @spidergod said:
    Some fantastic soundtracks.

Cheers Spidey

@kinkujin said:
    New one, just 2 min of bite size evil.

Whoah, this is great!

Thanks, having some fun with Fugue Machine.

• Good evolution bigger and better.... now, if you please, the "Female Breast" series!

• @1nsomniak said:
    I put them together as an album on bandcamp:

http://manphibian.bandcamp.com/album/dark-ether-ep

(edit: link fixed)

Great work, just my cup of tea.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good evolution bigger and better.... now, if you please, the "Female Breast" series!

Haha, not sure what that what that would sound like (a bag of sand perhaps?) but I shall take it as inspiration.

@MonzoPro said:
    Great work, just my cup of tea.

Thanks Monzo, glad you enjoyed.