Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GrooveRider as sequencer of AUv3 synths👊🏼™️❤️🤯

Had a chance to use GrooveRider on this one for sequencing everything:

Comments

• Thanks for giving it a listen :)

• Your stuff is always great. Thanks for sharing.

• I was not aware that Groove Rider has MIDI In and Out!
    Now found it - very interesting!

• @tja said:
    I was not aware that Groove Rider has MIDI In and Out!
    Now found it - very interesting!

Yep...it's pretty slick. It's an iOS Electribe for the masses :)

• @wim said:
    Your stuff is always great. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you sir. Truly appreciate that! <3

• edited March 2018

@echoopera

Very nice!

Was making my way through the app today for this very purpose.

Do you have any recommendations on the setup?

Things I found today were that I'd need to record notes to my drum channel in chromatic scale first then switch to the song scale for other instruments after.

I was also looking for a quick way to lower internal audio level across all 16 tracks. The 'blank sample' workaround has been suggested.

Anything else you'd highlight?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

Very nice!

Things I found today were that I'd need to record notes to my drum channel in chromatic scale first then switch to the song scale for other instruments after.

I was also looking for a quick way to lower internal audio level across all 16 tracks. The 'blank sample' workaround has been suggested.

I find it easiest to set up my synths in AUM, and just set each one to receive Midi from AUM Destination. The midi channels will map to each pad (1-16) in GrooveRider.

Also, just turn on Midi Out in GR-16 in Settings, and point it to AUM.

• @echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

Very nice!

I find it easiest to set up my synths in AUM, and just set each one to receive Midi from AUM Destination. The midi channels will map to each pad (1-16) in GrooveRider.

Just curious:

Why not Cubasis instead of AUM?

• @tja said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

Very nice!

Just curious:

Why not Cubasis instead of AUM?

I just like the AUM workflow and all the SEND and Routing capabilities.

I place 1 instance of Rozeta Arp in Channel 1 and have it feed 3 synth instances in AUM, and route the audio from each of those into individual FX busses for different types of effects, and control the volume all from a single master bus.

Hope that makes sense :)

• If you would make an idiots guide to GrooveRider I would happily donate you some dollars lol

• edited March 2018

@JangoMango said:
    If you would make an idiots guide to GrooveRider I would happily donate you some dollars lol

Heheh...as a midi sequencer it's pretty straight forward. I'll try and put together a quick video of how to set up the routing into AUM if you want that.

As far as using GR-16...I'm not too familiar with all the ins and outs...but hopefully the midi sequencer vid will provide some clarity.

Doug also did this video:

• @JangoMango said:
    If you would make an idiots guide to GrooveRider I would happily donate you some dollars lol

dito :) :p ;)

Maybe there is already something like this.
    @gmslayton maybe :)

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

Very nice!

I used to always, realy always start with AudioBus and then add AUM.
    But right now, I try around with a Cubasis centered work flow, without both of them.
    Just to reduce the number of apps and the CPU usage.

• @tja said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

Very nice!

I used to always, realy always start with AudioBus and then add AUM.
    But right now, I try around with a Cubasis centered work flow, without both of them.
    Just to reduce the number of apps and the CPU usage.

Yeah, at the end of the day, there is no "correct" way to do music production...it's up to your individual needs and taste. I just like the nerdiness of AUM and routing...helps me save money on pedals and external gear :wink:

• Not so worried about the midi stuff, just need a simple guide in forming what would almost be considered a song lol...

• @echoopera said:

@JangoMango said:

Heheh...as a midi sequencer it's pretty straight forward. I'll try and put together a quick video of how to set up the routing into AUM if you want that.

As far as using GR-16...I'm not too familiar with all the ins and outs...but hopefully the midi sequencer vid will provide some clarity.

Doug also did this video:

Great video, but it's more than a month old, and it doesn't incorporate the recent developments, like pattern chaining, midi in and out, time travel or telepathic arpeggiation.

• @tja said:

@JangoMango said:

what Are you all having trouble with specifically?

• @db909 said:

@tja said:

@JangoMango said:

It's more a secret than BM3 :D

• @tja said:

@db909 said:

@tja said:

@JangoMango said:

It's more a secret than BM3 :D

Lol Wel I haven’t used BM3 but I doubt it. I find it fairly straightforward albeit with a few small areas with room to get creative with the workflow

• How do you go from 4 bars of stuff to a full song? In the videos I’ve watched, there are tons of bars, all chained together?

• @echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

Very nice!

Cool, thanks!