Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What happened to Alchemy?

Did camel audio get abandoned?

Comments

• It lives now in Garage Band

• @AudioGus said:
    It lives now in Garage Band

Awesome, thank you!

• backstory

i wonder what will happen to Z3ta+ now that Gibson abandoned Cakewalk?

• Maybe https://cakewalk.bandlab.com

Although I couldn't find a reference to the synth...

• @AudioGus said:

Is that is live? It feels more like an undead version >:)

• I will lose Alchemy and the amazing packs some day, until then I try to spend as much quality time with this beauty of a synth :)

• @AudioGus said:

Where exatly in GB is it located, I couldn't find it?

• edited March 2018

@Ripper said:

@AudioGus said:

You need a fairly recent device to use Alchemy 2, it's invisible on older models :(

• @Cib said:

@AudioGus said:

Is that is live? It feels more like an undead version >:)

Hehe. I missed out on Alchemy. Just bought one pack before it went deaders and never got the pro unlock to use the pc packs, doh.

• Its great inside of Logic. I haven't played with it much inside of Garageband.

• edited March 2018

The presets on the Alchemy app are great and aren’t available in the GarageBand version. Really hope that some day Apple will create an AU version of Alchemy so we can use it in other AU host apps. Being able to import our own samples would be great as well.

• @Ripper said:

@AudioGus said:

Yeah, you need at least an iPad Air2. If yes, then look in the Keyboard instrument panel where you choose your track type. Alchemy Synth is a choice in small text along the bottom of that Keyboard panel.

• I’m running a 10.5.

• Just a late night rant that Apple really gutted Alchemy in the GarageBand iteration.

I fired it up, pointed ChordPolyPad at it, and for a moment, I began to think, “this is a quality synth. I should use it more often.” Then I went looking for a string patch. There isn’t one. There are several variations on plucked guitars, but no bowed instrument. Good thing I kept an old iPad with the original Alchemy, but what a loss.

• edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • were the sounds in the standalone better? because the ones in GB just seem thin and lifeless to me.

• @realdawei said:
    were the sounds in the standalone better? because the ones in GB just seem thin and lifeless to me.

The dead girlfriend kisses best, but yes.

• Alchemy in GarageBand needs at least an A8 processor, so no iPad prior to an iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 4 is able to use it.

• edited February 2019

Does anyone know if you can still download Alchemy and it’s presets if you purchased it previously on a pre iOS 11 device? Considering getting an iPhone 5 or 5c to get my old Alchemy Mobile back if possible.

• @VerbaLee said:
    Does anyone know if you can still download Alchemy and it’s presets if you purchased it previously on a pre iOS 11 device? Considering getting an iPhone 5 or 5c to get my old Alchemy Mobile back if possible.

The app, yes, but the IAPs no, that seems to have stopped being possible in the last six months.

I was able to download all the IAPs to my phone in mid-2018, but when I tried to download them onto an old iPad 4 last month I was no longer able to.

• @richardyot said:

@VerbaLee said:

The app, yes, but the IAPs no, that seems to have stopped being possible in the last six months.

I was able to download all the IAPs to my phone in mid-2018, but when I tried to download them onto an old iPad 4 last month I was no longer able to.

Thanks for the heads up @richardyot Save me the time and money trying to see if it would work. Wish Apple just brought it back how it was instead of the GarageBand iOS version. It had saved state in Audiobus as well.

• @Fünnyf said:

i wonder what will happen to Z3ta+ now that Gibson abandoned Cakewalk?

Bandlab bought the rights to Cakewalk and it's now free, Z3ta+ included.

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

• @realdawei said:
    were the sounds in the standalone better? because the ones in GB just seem thin and lifeless to me.

What?

Um

Yeah.

Best synth with whole 4 track set up that I ever used.

Technically a rompler in ways but it was ground breaking for my money in iOS music making.

Nothing ever touched it.

• I don't hate garage bands rendition of alchemy, but I prefer the og !

• I thought everyone knew what happened to Camel, are the aliens returning abductees?

• @knewspeak said:
    I thought everyone knew what happened to Camel, are the aliens returning abductees?

Well welcome home!

FOR REAL!

I fried my old PC that had it on

I wish I could find it for my MacBook now off someone.