PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

AudioBus Forums Moog Model D sound pack (100 weird and wonderful AB Forum sounds)

1246

Comments

  • Great work all! :)

  • Would just like to say, I have and do encourage everyone to buy Moogs own sound packs to support them making great apps for us :)

  • @MoogMusicInc said:

    @MoogMusicInc said:

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we're looking into the issue where Model D locks up when opening presets from some other apps, like the Files app.

    The main thing we’ve found, is that it happens when trying to export sounds into Model D when Model D is open. If you close Model D before attempting export from any app, then no issues are encountered.

    Congrats on a great app :)

    We identified the problem and the next update will have a fix in place. In the meantime, turning background audio on should also prevent this from happening.

    Thanks a lot for the compliment! :)

    Minimoog Model D App v1.0.3 has been approved by Apple and is being propagated through the App Store. The issue where Model D locks up when it's opening presets should be resolved. Please let us know how it goes!

    Just tested the update quickly in BM3 and Cubasis. No issues with new presets loading or loading to the stand alone app. Well done and thanks :)

  • Agree 10000%

    @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Would just like to say, I have and do encourage everyone to buy Moogs own sound packs to support them making great apps for us :)

  • @Fruitbat1919 Thanks for leading the charge with this one, man. Appreciate it. Can't wait to dig into everyone's patches later tonight.

  • By the way where’s the link to the final 100?

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    By the way where’s the link to the final 100?

    A few comments back, or I’ve put it on the first comment of this thread too. It’s the one marked version 1.5

  • Thanks for the generosity of those who contributed to this soundbank!

  • @dvlmusic said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Thanks for leading the charge with this one, man. Appreciate it. Can't wait to dig into everyone's patches later tonight.

    It definitely has some variety to the collection :)

  • There’s not a stinker in the bunch! Great job folks! B)

  • This is great--looking forward to trying them out and hope to contribute to something like this in the future. Thanks!

  • @hightunnels said:
    This is great--looking forward to trying them out and hope to contribute to something like this in the future. Thanks!

    Sure we will do another app at some point :)

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @MoogMusicInc said:

    @MoogMusicInc said:

    @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we're looking into the issue where Model D locks up when opening presets from some other apps, like the Files app.

    The main thing we’ve found, is that it happens when trying to export sounds into Model D when Model D is open. If you close Model D before attempting export from any app, then no issues are encountered.

    Congrats on a great app :)

    We identified the problem and the next update will have a fix in place. In the meantime, turning background audio on should also prevent this from happening.

    Thanks a lot for the compliment! :)

    Minimoog Model D App v1.0.3 has been approved by Apple and is being propagated through the App Store. The issue where Model D locks up when it's opening presets should be resolved. Please let us know how it goes!

    Just tested the update quickly in BM3 and Cubasis. No issues with new presets loading or loading to the stand alone app. Well done and thanks :)

    Wonderful, thanks for testing and reporting back!

  • This is a great idea @Fruitbat1919 and some killer patches in this bank! Thanks for leading the charge. We definitely need more of this around here!

  • I’m mystified how you guys can organize this and finish it all while I’m asleep and/or at work. I check this forum compulsively. Is it because I’m in the US and most of you live in Europe?

    Anyway, grateful for the patches and can’t wait to check them out!

  • @MoogMusicInc Do you think is a good idea some controller mapping for the AU version like IK Multimedia have done with Syntronik? And thank you for release this app. Love it.

  • Aww, over so soon?

  • @brice said:
    This is a great idea @Fruitbat1919 and some killer patches in this bank! Thanks for leading the charge. We definitely need more of this around here!

    Not bad for a couple of days. I’m quite pleased at the quality for such a quick effort :)

    @oddSTAR said:
    I’m mystified how you guys can organize this and finish it all while I’m asleep and/or at work. I check this forum compulsively. Is it because I’m in the US and most of you live in Europe?

    Anyway, grateful for the patches and can’t wait to check them out!

    How could we sleep with a virtual Model D awaiting us lol ;)

    @AudioGus said:
    Aww, over so soon?

    I will keep my answer at parental guidance levels lol :p

  • Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

    WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    That was a blast, boys and girls. Thanks for all the wacky freakiness - I haven't had that much fun mucking about with presets in ages. Cheers to you all.

  • I tried, but I suck and am too slow compared to you folks. :D Maybe next time I can do better. Thank you to everyone who contributed, and HUGE thanks to @Fruitbat1919 for spearheading this group endeavor. Audiobus forum is so awesome. <3

  • I have a few more maybe soon :)
    It´s really interesting to recreate the same presets within Model 15. There are differences but mainly it works well.
    Indeed when you layer Model 15 with Model D (and Animoog on top if you like) and play that from Model 15 you are in analog heaven. I just have to increase the buffer to at least 256 to even think of it.
    And if you want to go wild add Zeeon and DRC and make a 4 synth monster.

  • @Cib said:
    I have a few more maybe soon :)
    It´s really interesting to recreate the same presets within Model 15. There are differences but mainly it works well.
    Indeed when you layer Model 15 with Model D (and Animoog on top if you like) and play that from Model 15 you are in analog heaven. I just have to increase the buffer to at least 256 to even think of it.
    And if you want to go wild add Zeeon and DRC and make a 4 synth monster.

    Oh man! I gotta try the Moog triple threat. Thanks for the tip. B)

  • Cib could you maybe make a video of you doing that? Sorry that I missed out on this everyone, but, next time! But I wanted to thank all of our talented patch contributor’s for the awesome plethora of freebies! I knew you were all talented. This forum is world class with the most talented music peeps around. So I just wanted to give my thanks to each and every patch maker that contributed to this. What a wonderful idea. Maybe next go round (for VOLT maybe?) we can collect the patches over a week’s time to give the working iOS music makers and the chronically ill like myself a wee extreme bit of time to contribute some stuff? I am in on the next one. I think this is a brilliant idea that I hope we can start as a tradition here amongst ourselves as a challenge to see what we can all come up. The little that I have previewed of the 100 patch list has just blown me away. Top job everyone and thank you for both doing this and also for everybody’s contributions. This AB forum is the Abfab worlds BEST!!! How do I contribute a patch for next time? How was this done? Thank you! Cheers everyone!!!

  • @ElektrikDiva said:
    Cib could you maybe make a video of you doing that? Sorry that I missed out on this everyone, but, next time! But I wanted to thank all of our talented patch contributor’s for the awesome plethora of freebies! I knew you were all talented. This forum is world class with the most talented music peeps around. So I just wanted to give my thanks to each and every patch maker that contributed to this. What a wonderful idea. Maybe next go round (for VOLT maybe?) we can collect the patches over a week’s time to give the working iOS music makers and the chronically ill like myself a wee extreme bit of time to contribute some stuff? I am in on the next one. I think this is a brilliant idea that I hope we can start as a tradition here amongst ourselves as a challenge to see what we can all come up. The little that I have previewed of the 100 patch list has just blown me away. Top job everyone and thank you for both doing this and also for everybody’s contributions. This AB forum is the Abfab worlds BEST!!! How do I contribute a patch for next time? How was this done? Thank you! Cheers everyone!!!

    Sorry, i don´t make videos....i´m too shy :)
    And it would take a day do upload a video for me as well.

  • I too wish we could have kept it going for longer. It soon became clear however, that a folder larger than 100 sounds, was going to be too unwieldy.

    If there is interest when we do another synth, what might be an idea, is to warn people in advance. Then I (or someone else) can take all the sounds posted and make another 100 pack. Even 100 is a bit much in some ways - makes it quite difficult to find the sound you want, even if (like me) you know the pack inside out!

    Things I think work and some that don’t (tell me if you disagree):

    1. Pack version numbers help keep track of the latest.
    2. Not using names on sounds help keep the pack about the forum and not the individual.
    3. 100 sounds while too easy to fill, seems to be the max size really.
    4. Having one person catalogue the sounds saves it from getting too complex.
    5. We need to do it over a longer period to let others join in the fun.
    6. Free reign on sound type works better than making packs of certain sounds (within a group effort).

    I was thinking after the event that maybe we should have some disclaimer in the thread stating about giving away ownership of your sound and how it may be used for promotion etc. Someone else would have to write that up lol.

    Just as a point of interest too, do the AB Forum owners mind us using the forum name as representative of the pack of sounds?

  • @Fruitbat1919 as this is idea is proving popular, we could maybe turn it into a monthly challenge, like the Song Of The Month Club. Different synth each month and everyone can submit say their 5 best patches for the challenge. I don’t mind hosting if you’re not up for it (I’ve been doing SOTMC for 3 years now). Obviously you would be my first choice as host/master of ceremonies since you got this whole thing going, but I’m just throwing the idea out there.

  • @richardyot said:
    @Fruitbat1919 as this is idea is proving popular, we could maybe turn it into a monthly challenge, like the Song Of The Month Club. Different synth each month and everyone can submit say their 5 best patches for the challenge. I don’t mind hosting if you’re not up for it (I’ve been doing SOTMC for 3 years now). Obviously you would be my first choice as host/master of ceremonies since you got this whole thing going, but I’m just throwing the idea out there.

    I did think the same thing. My reservations are that many iOS synth apps have rather ‘unfriendly’ save systems - I’ve messed with many and some just really wouldn’t work well in this context.

    The other thing is, unlike making tracks, I’m of the mind that programming sounds is probably of a much smaller group of people interested. We could see the interest drop quite sharply if it was done quite so often. I’m more of a mind towards a bi monthly kinda thing with a discussion topic in between on which synth app to tackle next?

    As for who does it, I think it would be healthy for a few people to take it in turns. If it became popular, someone will have to make some decisions on what is put in and what is left out. We could set a limit of entry per person or some such idea. Maybe people that are likely to take part would like to comment on all this?

  • Thanks for the effort all!

  • Saying all the above, Volt is just being released and if that has a decent save system, maybe we should dive back in? Lol :p

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Saying all the above, Volt is just being released and if that has a decent save system, maybe we should dive back in? Lol :p

    Maybe, it seems to be quite tweak-able too :)

    I'll save the patches I created last night for the next round of the AB bank for Model D if there will be one...
    (I'll try to do 10-15 patches per bank to avoid single patch uploads when inspiration strikes).

Sign In or Register to comment.