Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus Forums Moog Model D sound pack (100 weird and wonderful AB Forum sounds)

Comments

• @Richtowns said:
    @Fruitbat1919 BTW what is a AB forum folder? Is it the same as a new topic? Just wondering if Im missing out on a file sharing area for the forum

It’s just what I’ve called the folder that I’ve put all the Model D sounds from this thread. It’s so people can download it and open it into their copy of Model D.

• Hey everyone, just letting you know that we're looking into the issue where Model D locks up when opening presets from some other apps, like the Files app.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we're looking into the issue where Model D locks up when opening presets from some other apps, like the Files app.

The main thing we’ve found, is that it happens when trying to export sounds into Model D when Model D is open. If you close Model D before attempting export from any app, then no issues are encountered.

Congrats on a great app :)

• I think this should make it a round 50:

Tinkling Tines

• edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we're looking into the issue where Model D locks up when opening presets from some other apps, like the Files app.

The main thing we’ve found, is that it happens when trying to export sounds into Model D when Model D is open. If you close Model D before attempting export from any app, then no issues are encountered.

Congrats on a great app :)

We identified the problem and the next update will have a fix in place. In the meantime, turning background audio on should also prevent this from happening.

Thanks a lot for the compliment! :)

• @richardyot said:
    I think this should make it a round 50:

Tinkling Tines

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@richardyot said:

Tinkling Tines

Damn I’m too late :p

• @Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@richardyot said:

Tinkling Tines

Damn I’m too late :p

We don’t have to stop at 50 ;)

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/nac00hvm7yl8ee5/AB FORUMS.mdb?dl=0

Have done a bit of volume levelling for some sounds. Hopefully helps some a tad. 51 sounds included now. Any issues with any sounds, let me know. It’s always difficult to get that happy medium when getting sounds from many sources.

• To all who have and will contribute:

Please be aware that Doug is going to do a video on the Model D soundpack we have put together. This will involve our sounds being distributed further (free of charge and for good promotion purposes of course).

• edited March 2018

These are great patches. Being a bit of a bass fan I have to say PPG Bass was my fave but loved @Samu's contribution and the scifi poly too. I noticed that some have loudness decay programmed but without decay switch enabled, to my ears these pathes sounded better with a little bit of decay. This set seems perfect to make a deep space soundtrack, John Capenter's darkstar springs to mind. Great synth!

• I seem to always start with the Init patch and tweak from there...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdf0y716momfxwj/PLUCKER.mdp?dl=0

• @Samu said:
    I seem to always start with the Init patch and tweak from there...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdf0y716momfxwj/PLUCKER.mdp?dl=0

I tend to program in batches. I will start off with an INIT and then make a patch. Then I make other patches from that and more from those that I’ve made. Eventually some get revisited, tweaked or binned

• To be honest my approach of repatching my own patches is the reason I can make so many so quickly. I think of it as not reinventing the wheel each time - one bass patch has a thousand more just a few tweaks a way ;)

• Some really nice patches there!

I have a question: my patches seem to end abruptly once the key is lifted, but many others don't seem to do this. What am I doing wrong? I would have thought that would be controlled by the decay and sustain dials, but it apparently isn't?

For example in my patches "cello", "melancholic violin" and "the sad lady sings" I would like the note to keep ringing after the key has been lifted - what setting do I need to adjust?

• @richardyot said:
    Some really nice patches there!

I have a question: my patches seem to end abruptly once the key is lifted, but many others don't seem to do this. What am I doing wrong? I would have thought that would be controlled by the decay and sustain dials, but it apparently isn't?

For example in my patches "cello", "melancholic violin" and "the sad lady sings" I would like the note to keep ringing after the key has been lifted - what setting do I need to adjust?

Switch the decay switch on. It’s above the mod wheel

• @richardyot said:
    Some really nice patches there!

This little guy.

• edited March 2018

@richardyot Hi Richard, I explain this in my latest Model D demo called tips and tricks, it’s much easier to watch the video than explain it, it not a fault though, just part of the design of the synth and is super easy to sort out

• OK - thanks a bunch everyone!

And hold the presses, I'll amend my presets!

• @richardyot said:
    OK - thanks a bunch everyone!

And hold the presses, I'll amend my presets!

Send me or post on here the ones you want amending and I will put them in the folder

• Should I start putting a version number in the folder name, so that we know if we have the latest version?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Should I start putting a version number in the folder name, so that we know if we have the latest version?

Probably a good idea

• Yes please thanks so much guys! Awesome presets!

• edited March 2018

Maybe making a few smaller ones?
    Or is there a way to create subfolders?
    I mean if there are 100+ presets in one bank to scroll.....nightmare.
    Also....where is the damn STRINGS category? Or maybe one for WEIRD? :D
    While these apps sound really pro, the preset browsers are really something which needs 2 steps up.

• Jenkies! Some sweet work here. Is there any way to identify who the author of each preset is? Last night before I went to bed it was already up to 49. Up over 60 now?

• @skiphunt said:
    Jenkies! Some sweet work here. Is there any way to identify who the author of each preset is? Last night before I went to bed it was already up to 49. Up over 60 now?

I’ve taken the liberty of taking the names out of any sound names, as keeping one persons sounds in a row was not working for a well rounded sound listing.

There are seven contributors so far. While I understand some may like names, I’m not sure it’s helpful and considering I’ve made over half the sounds so far, I’ve taken that executive decision lol :p

I would like to see more people contribute and I think it becomes more about the forum and not us as programmers ourselves. This way if a person only wants one sound in the pack that’s just as well received as thirty.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@skiphunt said:
    Jenkies! Some sweet work here. Is there any way to identify who the author of each preset is? Last night before I went to bed it was already up to 49. Up over 60 now?

I’ve taken the liberty of taking the names out of any sound names, as keeping one persons sounds in a row was not working for a well rounded sound listing.

There are seven contributors so far. While I understand some may like names, I’m not sure it’s helpful and considering I’ve made over half the sounds so far, I’ve taken that executive decision lol :p

I would like to see more people contribute and I think it becomes more about the forum and not us as programmers ourselves. This way if a person only wants one sound in the pack that’s just as well received as thirty.

Fair enough, and likely the best decision. I was only curious as to who tends to come up with presets that I consistently dig... so that when some of their collections come up as IAPs in other apps, I'll kinda know what to expect. Though, again... I think for this project you're absolutely right to keep it kinda "communal". Thanks for organizing and maintaining this. Much appreciated! :)