Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New A10 iPad being announced...

edited March 2018 in General App Discussion

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/27/live-coverage-chicago-education-event/

"Apple shares tech specs for the new 9.7-inch iPad: 8-megapixel rear camera, FaceTime HD front camera, A10 Fusion chip, up to 10 hours of battery life, Touch ID, up to 300 Mbps LTE, GPS and Compass, Apple Pencil support, accelerometer, and gyroscope."

Comments

• Hope it has a 3.5mm head-phone jack ;)

• No mention of it yet... :# ;)

• "Tim Cook retakes the stage and describes other ways in which iPads are being used in the classroom, such as for writing music and programming drones."

So yeah, writing music and writing music.

• edited March 2018

The new iPad is priced at $329 for consumers... available today and ships later this week.

• It's like an iPad 4 with iPad Pro internals or something?!
    (If the screen is laminated like the Air 2 it will be pretty neat).

• GarageBand for iOS also getting updated with new sound packs for students?

• "writing music" let's see "drawing music" too with automation curves etc LOL...

• How much RAM?

• @rthr said:
    "Tim Cook retakes the stage and describes other ways in which iPads are being used in the classroom, such as for writing music and programming drones."

Actually, programming drones is the whole point of modern education...

• New classroom app, can we take iOS Music as a course! The Stonehenge iPad ! For that price it won’t have a lot of opff!

• edited March 2018

Unless I’m mistaken, my Pro 9.7 has an A9X chip with 4Gb of RAM. What’s the RAM of the A10?

Update: GSM Arena states my iPad Pro 9.7 has 2Gb of RAM. I could get a faster iPad for very little money :)

• edited March 2018

Apparently this is no A10X, but AFAIK the X is primarily GPU related. My guess on the RAM would be 3GB...

• So the Apple policy of less for more continues. FFS, what is Cook playing at. Everyone needs more RAM, not less. :'(

• With pencil support and a processor upgrade, this does at least look a sensible priced option for an upgrade for my Air2. Well that’s if they don’t do something stupid to it lol

• @Zen210507 said:
    So the Apple policy of less for more continues. FFS, what is Cook playing at. Everyone needs more RAM, not less. :'(

We won't know how much RAM is in the new iPad until it's been opened up by someone like iFixit. Any numbers given today will just be speculation.

Delighted to see Pencil support in the cheaper model finally though.

• @Zen210507 said:
    So the Apple policy of less for more continues. FFS, what is Cook playing at. Everyone needs more RAM, not less. :'(

Less than what? It’s only the maxi pad that’s had 4gb and that’s twice the price.

• And it uses more RAM for the screen...

• Looks like it might be nearing time to donate my Air 1 and upgrade. £399 was the price of the one it replaced?

• edited March 2018

https://www.apple.com/ipad-9.7/

Headphone & stereo speakers... ;)

• edited March 2018

Crossing my fingers for 3GB... Not so sure though, with the price being 50% of the 10.5" model.

Let's wait for the benchmarks to roll in.

• Less ram?!? Huh what
    Where’s the bright fresh oled screens?
    I want more dam it more I say

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    With pencil support and a processor upgrade, this does at least look a sensible priced option for an upgrade for my Air2.

Not for me. I keep my iPads going for at least 3 years. If this isn't much more powerful than an Air 2, which already struggles with CPU hungry apps such as Model 15, I doubt it's going to be much cop now, let alone in a couple of years time.

• If that’s it for now, I’m expecting big things in June or October in terms of iPad Pro. They’ll have had a lot of time to develop new hardware by then. I’d best start saving, because it won’t be cheap! :#

• edited March 2018

The two most important questions for me would be can I now do VR emojis and can Siri compose copyright protected music for me....just to save me some time

• garage band face tracking for effects on iPhone X

• edited March 2018

@Beathoven said:
    If that’s it for now, I’m expecting big things in June or October in terms of iPad Pro. They’ll have had a lot of time to develop new hardware by then. I’d best start saving, because it won’t be cheap! :#

This seems the sensible thing to do...to wait and see

• I’m hoping it has 4GB ram, why are we settling for 3?

It seems like a pretty modest upgrade from the 2017 iPad. (Why no camera improvement??) But at the same price point, I guess there’s nothing to complain about. And Apple Pencil support is very welcome

• @crifytosp said:
    garage band face tracking for effects on iPhone X

That's genius, now you can face pull like all those terrible guitar heroes!

• @busker said:

@rthr said:
    "Tim Cook retakes the stage and describes other ways in which iPads are being used in the classroom, such as for writing music and programming drones."

Actually, programming drones is the whole point of modern education...

Correct!

• Why folks lust after this new thing if a Pro 10.5 can be had on eBay now for £400?