Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AAS Objeq « Applied Acoustics Systems DVM Inc. » New Au « ala Impaktor »

Comments

• It's interesting that the picture on their website shows Korg Gadget as an AUv3 compatible DAW 🤔

• Well I guess it's just an error rather than a leak, but was momentarily intrigued initially when I saw Korg Gadget being mentioned as an AUv3 host. 😊

• edited March 2018

Well they didn't tested it on this platforms for sure ;)

• I tried it in cubasis with swarplug (tabla) And Rosetta particles as an midi effect its interesting. Less deep engine than Impaktor , i hope they Will add more percussions in the next update.

• Not sure about the app itself but it’s nice to see AAS dipping a toe into ios waters would love to see Strum on iOS

• I’m concerned these hands are not from the same body. Think I’ll wait this one out.

• edited March 2018

If it‘s great as Chromaphone iOS finally has a really good physical modeling playtool!
    Interesting to see AAS also put a feet into iOS now.

• I love chromaphone. Hope they do something similar for ios.
    Will try this app for sure

• Wow, this is one of my favourite delays on desktop, thought I got a bargain when I snagged it at £40 something, but £3.99 on ios, looks like it doesn't have the same feature set, hopefully more will be added in future updates. Looks like I'll be grabbing this and minimoog this week.

• Oh please let the gadget thing be a leak and not an error

• Yes...watch out. It´s of course far away from their desktop tools (i also got Chromaphone 2 plus one free preset bank on top for under 50 bucks).
    It could mean they test iOS to see if they can make some money. That could mean they could port their "real" tools if that runs well or they might stay forever in the "toy" league like some other brands did on iOS.
    I will don´t bite this time for even the low price (and that is maybe even not low compared to their desktop tools if you grab them on a huge sale) since i learned the lesson from the new Moog app again that all the 5 dollar apps count and they tend to collect dust in my app folders.

• Anyone tried putting melodic material through this?

• @yonhorizon said:
    Oh please let the gadget thing be a leak and not an error

+1 if it is indeed a 'leak' let the AUv3 support be bi-drectional (ie. Gadget can use AUv3 and the Gadgets can be used as AUv3's in other apps).

• @Cib said:
    Yes...watch out. It´s of course far away from their desktop tools (i also got Chromaphone 2 plus one free preset bank on top for under 50 bucks).
    It could mean they test iOS to see if they can make some money. That could mean they could port their "real" tools if that runs well or they might stay forever in the "toy" league like some other brands did on iOS.
    I will don´t bite this time for even the low price (and that is maybe even not low compared to their desktop tools if you grab them on a huge sale) since i learned the lesson from the new Moog app again that all the 5 dollar apps count and they tend to collect dust in my app folders.

One thing I'd love to see from them on both ios and desktop, is the fx section from their synths. I've got ultra analog and love the fx section especially the choruses, hope this is the start of them bringing different things to ios as I like the sound of their tools. I've managed to replace my app addiction with an even more devastating fx addiction for my laptop, just when I think I'm out the other side, something new pops up like gullfoss, life in the hamster wheel.

• @mister_rz said:

@Cib said:
    Yes...watch out. It´s of course far away from their desktop tools (i also got Chromaphone 2 plus one free preset bank on top for under 50 bucks).

One thing I'd love to see from them on both ios and desktop, is the fx section from their synths. I've got ultra analog and love the fx section especially the choruses, hope this is the start of them bringing different things to ios as I like the sound of their tools. I've managed to replace my app addiction with an even more devastating fx addiction for my laptop, just when I think I'm out the other side, something new pops up like gullfoss, life in the hamster wheel.

Ja ja.....i´m also a sucker for FX (and sample libraries) now more than synths itself. In many cases you can make sound most modern synths sound awesome via FX while a crap FX is just crap.
    I´m still searching for that magic Alchemy modFX which no freaking tool can do otherwise.
    I experienced that even the very old Logic ES2 has so much power and beef (maybe even most fattest unison i ever heard) and if you put proper FX to it it will shine like all the latest analog emulations.

• @Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

@Cib said:

Ja ja.....i´m also a sucker for FX (and sample libraries) now more than synths itself. In many cases you can make sound most modern synths sound awesome via FX while a crap FX is just crap.
    I´m still searching for that magic Alchemy modFX which no freaking tool can do otherwise.
    I experienced that even the very old Logic ES2 has so much power and beef (maybe even most fattest unison i ever heard) and if you put proper FX to it it will shine like all the latest analog emulations.

I hear ya, I'm in a similar place myself but I've kind of fallen into a trap of experimenting too much and not getting stuff finished. I'll get something new, road test it and end up starting a new track. I've been using alchemy more as a sampler, with the granular engine mainly and was looking for a chorus from the fx section, realised although it took a while, that maybe modfx would be where it lived, tried it and it does indeed sound really sweet, sense of depth that's lacking in a lot of other modulation fx plugins.

Other chorus type stuff I liked on desktop apart from the aas stuff, was the sknote ddd, tc electronics vintage guitar bundle, chorus peddle and the full tone fx in amplitube 4, but they all have a vintage sound where as modfx sounds more modern, but they have a nice sort of dimension to them. With sound libraries I'm going through a phase of wanting vocal based stuff, but the ones that have caught my attention are mucho expensive, so I'm going to make a list and wait till black friday unless a good sale pops up. I've been really happy with the dream voices soundbank for alchemy on ios and desktop, just use that for now.

• edited March 2018

The Gadget Icon is gone from the homepage...
    https://www.applied-acoustics.com/objeq-for-ios/
    (And the other apps have new icons LOL).

• This one is really fun when fed from one of the Lumbeats drum apps. It's like going from thousands of random drum kit possibilities to near infinite possibilities. Nice clean UI too. I think I can see where the rest of my morning is going, lol.

• I know that Impaktor has a total rockstar reputation, just shy of Samplr's, But as cool as it is — and it is really fun to play with — I found it kind of unusable. It's really finicky, and it's hard to make it play nice with other apps. The apparently limited sonic palette of Objeq I see as kind of a plus, especially given the great AU plugins available.
    And it's $3.99.

• Very nice rhythmic AU FX.

• Cool, yeah very nice, but I hope it gets automation.

• I hope AAS brings more of their great software to iOS.

• Oooohhh!! What I really want is Impaktor AUv3... but this is a welcome alternative until then. :+1:

• This looks more versatile than Impaktor to me, because you can trigger different timbres depending on the surface you hit.

• @richardyot said:
    This looks more versatile than Impaktor to me, because you can trigger different timbres depending on the surface you hit.

Impaktor will also generate different timbres depending upon the surface you hit.

Other than AU support, the big advantage AAS Objeq has over Impaktor is the ability to go into an FX slot so you have more control over the sound sources you use to generate sounds with it.

• Does it respond to midi?

• Hope this is the beginning of many more Applied Acoustics iOS ports.

• hmm fingers crossed for a leak. But I think if so it's more likely that Gadget gets AUfx, I'd be surprised (and happy) if it was more than this though :smiley:

@Samu said:

@yonhorizon said:
    Oh please let the gadget thing be a leak and not an error

+1 if it is indeed a 'leak' let the AUv3 support be bi-drectional (ie. Gadget can use AUv3 and the Gadgets can be used as AUv3's in other apps).

• @InfoCheck said:

@richardyot said:
    This looks more versatile than Impaktor to me, because you can trigger different timbres depending on the surface you hit.

Impaktor will also generate different timbres depending upon the surface you hit.

Other than AU support, the big advantage AAS Objeq has over Impaktor is the ability to go into an FX slot so you have more control over the sound sources you use to generate sounds with it.

Ok I didn't know that. When I've used it in the past only one sound could be triggered at a time, maybe I missed a setting somewhere.

• @Angie said:
    This one is really fun when fed from one of the Lumbeats drum apps. It's like going from thousands of random drum kit possibilities to near infinite possibilities. Nice clean UI too. I think I can see where the rest of my morning is going, lol.

Was thinking something similar... running other apps there
    Xynthesizr, Patterning, Sprak, ZMors Modular, Minute, maybe even Grid or Senode (when I get either lol)