Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CUBASIS 2.4 Update - Now With AU Midi Sequencer Play & Record - iPad Tutorial

This is just fantastic, in this demo I go through various different ways you can Rozeta now in Cubasis 2.4

Comments

• Hi Doug,

Fantastic tutorial, many thanks for your support - greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Lars

• Awesome video! Cubasis' implementation of AU MIDI is the most immediate and straightforward to date. I love how this update brings a great mix of the traditional linear timeline and step sequencing! :)

• @brambos said:
    Awesome video! Cubasis' implementation of AU MIDI is the most immediate and straightforward to date. I love how this update brings a great mix of the traditional linear timeline and step sequencing! :)

@brambos I like the way you can add a XOX, record and delete, then add say a Particles, record and delete, then add a Collider, record delete etc etc, and build up all this recorded midi data on one track and if the instrument you are using is poly then you can get some serious dense ambient stuff going on but also still have the ease of just separate each overdubbed midi track to another part of the same track or even another instrument track, you can then even just edit the existing midi data, it’s all very cool, I'm sure we are going to some fantastic and complex projects being posted on here with this🤓

• Instead of using the plug-ins live it would be super handy to be able to 'process' already recorded midi thru them ;)
    (Need to leave some request for future Cubasis updates hehe).

• @Samu said:
    Instead of using the plug-ins live it would be super handy to be able to 'process' already recorded midi thru them ;)
    (Need to leave some request for future Cubasis updates hehe).

Hi Samu,

Cubasis allows to use AU MIDI live and/or on existing tracks.

Please have a look at the Effects/MIDI Effects chapter in the Cubasis in-app help, which contains several usecase example explanations.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

Hi Samu,

Cubasis allows to use AU MIDI live and/or on existing tracks.

Please have a look at the Effects/MIDI Effects chapter in the Cubasis in-app help, which contains several usecase example explanations.

I'll check it asap.

I was thinking about processing say a chord-track and replace the original midi notes with for example arpeggiated notes and then remove the plug-in.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again!
    /Samuel

• edited March 2018

@brambos said:
    Awesome video! Cubasis' implementation of AU MIDI is the most immediate and straightforward to date. I love how this update brings a great mix of the traditional linear timeline and step sequencing! :)

Agreed...this combination is what I have been looking for...the integration looks awesome....

Thanks @LFS and @brambos for making it possible...and Doug for showing how useful it is :)

• Excellent! Can finally record Rozeta mutations MIDI.

• I spent the morning to add two modelD-AU and one rozeta to a project. It was very funny.

But now the reload isn‘t possible...😢....

• I spent the morning to add two modelD-AU and one rozeta to a project. It was very funny.

But now the reload isn‘t possible...😢.
    Cubasis didn‘t start at all, because it wants to load the last project....😥

• @Satie said:
    I spent the morning to add two modelD-AU and one rozeta to a project. It was very funny.

Hi Satie,

Did send you a private message to exchange about the issue.

Thanks,
    Lars

• Thanks so much Cubasis Dev team!

@LFS said:
    Hi Doug,

Fantastic tutorial, many thanks for your support - greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Lars

• This is awesome! Thanks Cubasis team!!!

• Nice one, was looking forward to this, a nice surprise :)
    And Cubasis is a good way to play with Model D on a 12.9 at the moment as it scales the interface by default.

• Version 2.4 and still no subgroups. Disappointing.

• edited March 2018

@LFS said:

@Satie said:
    I spent the morning to add two modelD-AU and one rozeta to a project. It was very funny.

Hi Satie,

Thanks,
    Lars

I've tested this too, looks like Model D isn't reloading properly for me either, Moog might need to look into it. :)

ok that's odd. I deleted the demo projects using the files app (thanks for this!) and now the Model D loads again. Not sure if that's a permanent fix...

• I’m sure the subgroups are in the works, patience young Jedi :o <3 o:) B) :#

@sch said:
    Version 2.4 and still no subgroups. Disappointing.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I’m sure the subgroups are in the works, patience young Jedi :o <3 o:) B) :#

@sch said:

Padawan ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

Agreed...this combination is what I have been looking for...the integration looks awesome....

Thanks @LFS and @brambos for making it possible...and Doug for showing how useful it is :)

A great example of how this community works as a team to push things forward. I love the whole ecosystem we’ve got going here. I don’t know what I would do without it :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I’m sure the subgroups are in the works, patience young Jedi :o <3 o:) B) :#

I'm an old bugger, coming from a hardware mixing background... I miss my subgroups! Every time they release an update, this feature is requested. Not sure I have the patience (or time) for them to finally get it done. :#

• @Beathoven said:

@AndyPlankton said:

A great example of how this community works as a team to push things forward. I love the whole ecosystem we’ve got going here. I don’t know what I would do without it :)

Here here.

• YESSS, this is the missing piece of the puzzle; the bridge between live jamming and meticulous composition. Rozeta Suite and anything like it -- they just became relevant to me. This is marvellous. Thanks Doug for the clear demo and Cubasis Man for the Cubasis. (And in short order I'll be thanking Bram Bos too, I'm sure.)

I now want Patterning as a MIDI AUv3.

Heyyy someone could make a whole piano roll sequencer as a MIDI AUv3, right? Like a really good one, and you could just plug it into Cubasis to replace Cubasis' piano roll. Right?

• @zpxlng said:
    YESSS, this is the missing piece of the puzzle; the bridge between live jamming and meticulous composition. Rozeta Suite and anything like it -- they just became relevant to me. This is marvellous. Thanks Doug for the clear demo and Cubasis Man for the Cubasis. (And in short order I'll be thanking Bram Bos too, I'm sure.)

I now want Patterning as a MIDI AUv3.

Heyyy someone could make a whole piano roll sequencer as a MIDI AUv3, right? Like a really good one, and you could just plug it into Cubasis to replace Cubasis' piano roll. Right?

+1,000,000

• @sch said:

Yeah this would be nice too though, hey.

• edited March 2018

I'll see if I can figure this one out somehow but I'll probably need some help.

How do I (in Cubasis) use Rozeta LFO/X&Y Pad to automate AU-Parameters of an AUv3 Plug-In?
    (As far as I know there is no 'built-in' CC->AU-Parameter mapping in Cubasis).

Some AUv3's have 'midi-learn' so that might work...

• OH wow! Thanks @LFS and the gang, this is huge! Played with it on the train this morning. So smooth. :heart:

• @LFS said:

@Satie said:

Hi Satie,

Thanks,
    Lars

Is this something we’ll all have to worry about?

• @Samu said:
    I'll see if I can figure this one out somehow but I'll probably need some help.

How do I (in Cubasis) use Rozeta LFO/X&Y Pad to automate AU-Parameters of an AUv3 Plug-In?
    (As far as I know there is no 'built-in' CC->AU-Parameter mapping in Cubasis).

Some AUv3's have 'midi-learn' so that might work...

Interesting question...have not tried yet but can see there may be an issue for AUv3 that only provide AU parameters and not CC's too.

• @Philh0954 said:

@LFS said:

@Satie said:

Hi Satie,

Thanks,
    Lars

Is this something we’ll all have to worry about?

Seems to be related to Model D in this case.

• @AndyPlankton said:

Interesting question...have not tried yet but can see there may be an issue for AUv3 that only provide AU parameters and not CC's too.

Yeah, it's the same with normal AUv3 automation in Cubasis. There is no option to directly draw AU automation.
    At least one point has to be 'recorded'(W) in order for the automation lane for a parameter to become visible.

Also all AU automation is 'tied' to the time-line and not to the 'section/midi-part'...
    ...so moving the notes will not move the automation while Midi CC's are 'tied' to the section/midi-part.

Over all I do like what we have in Cubasis, it's impossible to please everyone :D