Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Headphones

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

For those of you using headphones for your primary monitoring, what are you finding has the best sound? Particularly if you're using the Alesis ioDock.., Thanks!

Comments

• Audio-Technica ATH-M50

• Thanks Smeeeth!

• Yeah the ATH-M50's are universally lauded for their sound quality and value. You can usually find them on sale for $100 somewhere.

I use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ES7's. An older model but I love 'em.

Technically if you're monitoring you should be looking at headphones designed for monitoring, which have more of a flat frequency response than even many high end music-listening headphones.

This is a pretty good article on the topic: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec03/articles/mixingheadphones.htm

• Thanks Jesse! Yes, flat is what I'm searching for...back in the days when I had a commercial recording studio I had a couple of pairs of Sony's (the 'go to' in those days), but so much has changed I figured I better look into what people are using now. It still amazes me how much ios can do compared with all the expensive equipment I used to have to have twenty years ago! I feel like Rumplestiltskin! :)

• Great thanks Jesse!

• Like Jesse says the Audio T stuff is great...I use Bose for general everyday use and AKG 702's for work..the AKG headphones are expensive, but they are always on offer at Amazon...but they are amazing, totally flat responce...and they are designed to wear for hours with no fatigue..people often complain that they are not bassy enough..this is because thay are reference headphones, what you hear is exactly what was recorded, incredible staging..however you will need a headphone amp to drive them otherwise they are too quiet...but any top end headphone will work better with an amp..I use a little Fiio e17 which is also a DAC converter..so you can use it with your mac or pc too...read the reviews....

• Thanks Soundtest! I'll check them out!

• His friends call him "the". :)

• I do love that I can't read one of his posts without hearing "his" voice in my head... haha

• Hey hey hey errrrmmm....like......eerrrmmmm.....actually I've finished one for RoboticDrums and I ran it through some Auria FX and ithe whole lot freezes up....good to see that stuff..and it was good to see that when I loaded everything back up..it was all still there....

• Oh! Actually maybe I should have addressed him as Mr. Soundtestroom...

• Just Doug will do fine..or if you have had the...I won't say pleasure...of watching my Auto Tune video....themanwithnovoice....

• Ha! Fair enough...and I am Jeremy! I will check out the video, thanks!

• I've had the audio technica ATH-M50s for a couple years now. I've used them pretty much every day since I got them and I'm still very happy with them.

• Headphone/earphone thoughts from fellow ios users on the auria forum:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11326

I've been using Sony MDR-7506 for years and I recommend you NOT buy them if you're looking for truly flat response. They tend to add high end and if I relied solely on them for mixing, my mixes would lack in that area. With that being said, that could also be a good thing if your main instrument is guitar as we all like to make our solos shine in the mix ;)

• I am using Shure SRH440, I think is the cheapest headphone in the market, everything was fine, of course it is not as detail as AKG headphone.. haha...
    beyerdynamic DT 231 also another budget headphone with good quality.

• Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I definately have some shopping to do....