Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS Smart Keyboard uses?

Anyone know if it’s possible to use the iPad Smart Keyboard as a musical keyboard to play notes in synths?

Comments

• I think there is an app called midiwriter

• If you use chrome browser and and a usb keyboard there is this synth:

https://electrictelepathy.com/web-apps/fluoresynth/

• @echoopera said:
    Anyone know if it’s possible to use the iPad Smart Keyboard as a musical keyboard to play notes in synths?

Did you ever work this out? Could be a good on the go option

• This thing is a pile of cack, unless you don’t type much, just to get the info out there. I’ve owned a couple and both develop the same problem, in that green filth starts accumulating on it. It took forever to work out what it is but it’s because where you type the keyboard picks up some oil from skin, the same as causes all abs plastic keyboards to go shiny in relatively short time, then when the keyboard folds, the locations in which you most commonly type, such as the space bar, react with whatever chemical or glue is beneath the felt lining and cause these dried green glue/gunk stains on the microfibre and buildup on the keys.

I am a writer, so assume the only reason this isn’t a more commonly reported problem - I’ve only heard a few others talking about it, who also used their keyboards a great deal - is that it takes longer to occur if you don’t write vocationally.

• @wingwizard said:
    This thing is a pile of cack, unless you don’t type much, just to get the info out there. I’ve owned a couple and both develop the same problem, in that green filth starts accumulating on it. It took forever to work out what it is but it’s because where you type the keyboard picks up some oil from skin, the same as causes all abs plastic keyboards to go shiny in relatively short time, then when the keyboard folds, the locations in which you most commonly type, such as the space bar, react with whatever chemical or glue is beneath the felt lining and cause these dried green glue/gunk stains on the microfibre and buildup on the keys.

I am a writer, so assume the only reason this isn’t a more commonly reported problem - I’ve only heard a few others talking about it, who also used their keyboards a great deal - is that it takes longer to occur if you don’t write vocationally.

Haha that sounds gross! I type quite a lot but more on my MacBook. The new smart keyboard has a different feel to it as the keys actually touch the screen when it’s folded. It’s sorta like fabric. Hopefully won’t have the same green smeg problem.

Anyway... has anyone worked out how to make it work for midi input?

• Sidecar no longer works for me on 2018 iPad. Plus I could never get polyphony. I was recommended SunVox for this and it works without slideover mode. Just couldn’t figure out how to make sound last. Every time you hit a note it just plinks it and then stops...

• Oh well maybe they’ll sort it out one day