Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New MOOG app - Minimoog Model D!

Comments

• Fully locked and loaded with all five expansion packs!
    Fun times we live in..time to dive in :)

• @db909 said:
    Yo does this have a scale keyboard like Animoog and Model 15

Well guess not. That’s disappointing.

• It will likely be better than Arturia iMini because it will actually work. I finally deleted iMini after Arturia tech help strung me along for more than six months and never did get the problems fixed. They acknowledged there were problems and told me after 6 months that there was no timeline for the fix.

• @Cib said:
    I don´t hear anything when i try to record into AudioShare via Audiobus 3.

I just tried this and heard everything just fine. Have you got “Background Audio” switched on in Model D’s settings and input monitoring activated in AudioShare?

• @Pianokey88 said:
    It will likely be better than Arturia iMini because it will actually work. I finally deleted iMini after Arturia tech help strung me along for more than six months and never did get the problems fixed. They acknowledged there were problems and told me after 6 months that there was no timeline for the fix.

Which problem did you have?

• the sale is only today?

• All the AU parameters are available in BM3. Are your knobs ready? :D

• @jrjulius said:
    The phone UI is plenty playable, at least.

Much more so than iMini! :wink:

Instabuy.

• This sounds great!

The expansion packs are just presets right?

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    Having Model 15: What does Model D offer in addition?

(OK: Compared with Behringer Model D i save almost 340 €)

Pedigree and ease of use, plus some rather excellent effects. Subjectively, I think the filter on the Model D gets a bit nastier when you overdrive it. Actually, in general, I think the app snarls a bit harder than Model 15, but it still doesn’t get as crazy as Filtatron or iMS-20.

There’s also the matter of playability. Model 15 requires a decent amount of scrolling, zooming, and repatching; Model D gives you a handful of knobs and switches to mess with then lets you go. It doesn’t have as many options but it does what it does very, very well.

• What do you guy think about the bank/preset management ? Honestly that was my biggest disappointment, one of the poorest I’ve seen in an IOS synth. The sound is good though.

• @AlexB said:
    What do you guy think about the bank/preset management ? Honestly that was my biggest disappointment, one of the poorest I’ve seen in an IOS synth. The sound is good though.

I had to read the manual before I was able to create my own bank for saving sounds and even init a patch :D
    After that was clear it works quite well.
    (Hint, long-tap on the save icon for options to create a bank and init a preset).

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

@Samu said:

@AlexB said:
    What do you guy think about the bank/preset management ? Honestly that was my biggest disappointment, one of the poorest I’ve seen in an IOS synth. The sound is good though.

I had to read the manual before I was able to create my own bank for saving sounds and even init a patch :D
    After that was clear it works quite well.
    (Hint, long-tap on the save icon for options to create a bank and init a preset).

I cannot say, how much i hate long-presses, double-taps, two-finger-taps, two-finger swipes and similar nonsense.

Optionally, over a menu to enabled them - OK ...

But just so?
    :-|

But OK, long-presses are much more common and not such a problems as the others ;-)

• Ohhhhh Samu!! That makes the whole difference!!

• Is there any video or so to these hyperdimensional pad iAP? This sounds intriguing but I cannot find a sample of these 35 additional presets. Thanks in advanced

• Very selective these days on buying apps.
    But this was a pleasant surprise, to read 10 minutes ago
    And now I own it
    Thanks guys
    And imini has been deleted, but not forgotten

• @Looping_Loddar said:

Three oscillators.

• edited March 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

Three oscillators.

If you patch the keyboard to the Freq control of the 921 (the big oscillator in the middle) then patch it into the mixer, you can use it as a third oscillator. You lose your LFO but unless I’m missing something, Model D has the same limitation.

Edit: looks like they provided a dedicated LFO in the 2016 reissue, and they’ve included in the app.

• First patch I created with this amazing sounding app. Had to record it :)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    First update out already !

>

Yes. Apparently for what I described earlier as a crackle. Impressive that they were onto it so fast,

• Is it not possible to change your patch and keep the arpeggiator running at the same time?

• Lol, it was fine for me and i updated and now it‘s a crackle party. :(

• O.k. a hard reset solved that.
    It seems a lot beef comes from the bender FX.
    Add that to Model 15 :)

• @JoHe said:
    First patch I created with this amazing sounding app. Had to record it :)

Solid drone.

• Sounds really good, a bit cpu hungry though

• edited March 2018

This thing sucked 30% battery in about 10 minutes and a new record for warming up my phone.
    It might be the most cpu intense app yet.
    I guess that the FX take a big chunk of it here.
    But yeah, it‘s a beefy little synth.
    Sadly really very very bad GUI and workflow (like Model 15).
    So sound is a 8/10 but GUI and workflow would take a 3/10 so far. Makes it a 5.5/10 app!
    It seems sadly another 5 dollar which i put in the folder of „maybe i use it one day again“.
    Of course i think on an 12.9“ iPad it could be a lot more joy.

• @Cib said:
    This thing sucked 30% battery in about 10 minutes and a new record for warming up my phone.
    So sound is a 8/10 but GUI and workflow would take a 3/10 so far. Makes it a 5.5/10 app!
    It seems sadly another 5 dollar which i put in the folder of „maybe i use it one day again“.
    Of course i think on an 12.9“ iPad it coukd be a lot more joy.

Just out of interest, what is it that you don’t like about the GUI and workflow? For me, apart from the preset selector (which is different, but still absolutely fine), I can’t really fault it.

• Of course i think on an 12.9“ iPad it coukd be a lot more joy.

I can confirm this.

• edited March 2018

@Beathoven said:

@Cib said:

Just out of interest, what is it that you don’t like about the GUI and workflow? For me, apart from the preset selector (which is different, but still absolutely fine), I can’t really fault it.

It‘s all way to small on iPhone. And i have the 6S plus.
    Yep, the preset browser is no fun too.
    Hitting the right knob is luck for me and tweaking it is just not what i could imagine to do for longer than 10 minutes.
    That might sound harsh but there are far better GUI‘s for multi-touch from other developers.
    Model 15 is also not my best friend here. A reason i much prefer then Zeeon, DRC and some others.
    In days where sound is almost on par anywhere there are huge differences in workflow and GUI.
    Animoog is still their best multi-touch app by a country mile!
    While it does sound good i can‘t integrate it in my workflow.

• @Cib said:

@Beathoven said:

@Cib said:

It‘s all way to small on iPhone. And i have the 6S plus.
    Yep, the preset browser is no fun too.
    Hitting the right knob is luck for me and tweaking it is just not what i could imagine to do for longer than 10 minutes.
    That might sound harsh but there are far better GUI‘s for multi-touch from other developers.
    Model 15 is also not my best friend here. A reason i much prefer then Zeeon, DRC and some others.
    In days where sound is almost on par anywhere there are huge differences in workflow and GUI.
    Animoog is still their best multi-touch app by a country mile!
    While it does sound good i can‘t integrate it in my workflow.

Ahh, ok. I probably wouldn’t expect the best user experience from an iPhone either; the screen is just too small for serious knob twiddling.