Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New MOOG app - Minimoog Model D!

Comments

• @MAtrixplan said:
    I'm waiting for iMini comparison :) :)
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1339418001

I'll start with one comparison. iPhone support!!! :smiley:

• Very small on the iPhoneX even, I kept trying to zoom and pan ala Model 15 but that's not working. Getting some weird crackling at times too, I'll try a restart later and see if that fixes things. Hard to complain for $4.99 though!

• What a great surprise release and the first app in a long time for me as an “instabuy.”

Quick test: could run two instances in AUM on a iPad mini-2 with buffer at max, it would still glitch on occasion. It’ll be fine on my 2017 iPad but wanted to mention for anyone that’s curious.

• Yo does this have a scale keyboard like Animoog and Model 15

• Holy crap this thing sounds good.

That is all.

• In my best human ARP imitation wowowowowowowowooohowowoohowowowoohahhhhhhhh—-mazing!

• AU, MPE, polyphonic and it’s a Moog! Instabuy!

• @TozBourne said:
    What a great surprise release and the first app in a long time for me as an “instabuy.”

Quick test: could run two instances in AUM on a iPad mini-2 with buffer at max, it would still glitch on occasion. It’ll be fine on my 2017 iPad but wanted to mention for anyone that’s curious.

I'm on that model iPad, more than happy to hear that!

Did someone just say Polyphonic aftertouch?

• edited March 2018

Hmm, on iPad Pro 2 12.9" it's unplayable as AU in AUM with buffer set at 64. It's around 57% cpu it says. Weird. Anyone else get this? I did reboot but it doesn't seem to help.

• Definitely cpu hungry. Got it working now at 128 but cpu consumption isn't less.

• Pops and clicks on iPhone 8+

• It's a lot better sounding than iMini! The low-end warmth is delicious, much like Model 15.

• Sounds great. Easy to use. Works within my DAW of choice and costs peannits. What’s not to like. Love the built in feedback loop (as in an emulation of patching the original synth back through itself). Love the built in looper and basic but decent fx. Love the play mode that resizes some controls to make it easier to ‘play’ the knobs.

• Getting lots of crackling with this under AUM, when three or more AU versions of it are in use. Not when sounds are playing, only when controls are opened up. Hopefully sorted in the first fix.

• Can you use the AU as an effect? Not had a chance to play with this yet.

• Seems that you can't. Pity.

• The overdrive/feedback especially with high resonance is a bit tame (but expected) but it‘s a wonderful bass machine for sure.
    The filter has not that much power in the low end as some other emulations. Not sure which is closer to the original.
    Again....5 dollar is great.
    Not sure if i would pay 20-30 plus another 15 for the presets which i can‘t demo and not sure if they are that different from the similar named Model 15 packs.
    I mean i like Moog but they don‘t even do the most impressive emulations of their own software these days (even in hardware).

• Getting quite a lot of stuck notes in the AUv3, not sure if others are too.

• Don’t know what took them so long, but there’s an update out.

• Good to see it's still alive.

• @Carnbot said:
    Getting quite a lot of stuck notes in the AUv3, not sure if others are too.

Yup

• With Volt Synth coming out Wednesday it’s gonna be a Analogue Mono Synth week.

• I don´t hear anything when i try to record into AudioShare via Audiobus 3.
    AND.....a lot of iOS seems to suffer from this but this has some extreme examples which really annoys the hell out of me (sorry).
    A lot presets are so over the top and peak like there is no tomorrow that it hurts. Why? Too impress with the first key like over compressed masterings.
    A thing i really prefer to use AUv3 and always put a limiter for save on it.
    So the first ting i need is to level most of the presets down. Loudness is not always good!

• It has full automation support, right?

• First update out already !

• edited March 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    First update out already !

Please no one create a new thread.
    We need sub-threads inside threads. :)

• Having Model 15: What does Model D offer in addition?

(OK: Compared with Behringer Model D i save almost 340 €)

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    Having Model 15: What does Model D offer in addition?

Shark Sawtooth and a bit different in envelopes and stuff. I would say Model D has a bit more beef and is more snappy for percussive things and thumpy bass stuff. Just my opinion.

• @Cib said:

@Looping_Loddar said:
    Having Model 15: What does Model D offer in addition?

Shark Sawtooth and a bit different in envelopes and stuff. I would say Model D has a bit more beef and is more snappy for percussive things and thumpy bass stuff. Just my opinion.

Thank you for your anwer!

Maybe my guess is wrong, but "under the hood" this model d maybe is a kind of a model 15. CPU behavior seem to be very similar.

• A Moog Model D for <$5. Suck it, Uli! :lol: