Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New MOOG app - Minimoog Model D!

Comments

• @chimp_spanner said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    What are the IAP's ? ... Presets ? or Functionality ?

Just presets :)

ta :)

• Brought the Astral Explorations and Mercurial Strategies 2 obviously a follow on from the Model 15 pack. Both sound great.

• I was planning to work from home today but instead I showered and got dressed and left my iPad at home... like an idiot.

The phone UI is plenty playable, at least.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Is there any way to create a new 'bank' for user presets?
    (While the new preset browser may be good for performance it's less that optimal for preset management).

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I like all the little artist references in that vid :)

Yeah, great video... :)

• Oh lord... the app addiction is returning O_o

• @Dawdles said:
    Bought while on offer. Sounds good. Nice ios minimoog. Would have been cool to have some more interesting fx in there. Tbh I think I'll probably enjoy/use the syntronik version more, down to the added fx and synth layering.

The presets system seems good for people that wanna use it for shows but really tedious for scrolling through after this gets full of banks that have 50+ user presets in a category.. Is there a full screen patch browser button i'm missing?

In the AU version you can scroll through with AUM preset list. Not sure about other hosts though.

• I wish this was allowed access to AniMoog’s packs. :'(

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh lord... the app addiction is returning O_o

Yeah, I try to be more 'selective' this time around.
    On the plus-side, this is AUv3 and works well inside BM3 to boot which can't be said about the Arturia iMini.

• @AudioGus said:

If you already own iMini, just think of it as upgrading an app you already own. You’re not really buying a new app!

• Whew! I was about to buy a real Model D. Now instead I have one that’s polyphonic with effects, an arpeggiator, and patch saving. It weighs quite a bit less too. Oh, and I saved about $3495. 🤓

• @Cliffy said:

@AudioGus said:

If you already own iMini, just think of it as upgrading an app you already own. You’re not really buying a new app!

:D

• @Samu said:
    Perfect :)
    Guess I can delete iMini now hehe...

Worth buying just for that.
    Instabuy for me. Great price too.

• AU AU AU I’m all in with every IAP - yummy :)

• @Zen210507 said:
    I wish this was allowed access to AniMoog’s packs. :'(

Sadly that's a technical impossibility :) Animoog uses samples, this uses virtual oscillators. It's like trying to put diesel into a petrol engine.

• Not that i need another synth as well but......yeah.....it´s a Moog (not that does mean anything today for me).
    It´s a universal app and so worth a try. And it´s has balls for sure after the first play.
    Of course i will compare it to other Minimoog emulations across platforms.
    I mean it´s a real Moog :)

• What about cpu consumption ? If it is like Model 15, it is a killer cpu... No more than 1 instance... on Ipad Air 2

• @richardyot said:

@Zen210507 said:

Sadly that's a technical impossibility :) Animoog uses samples, this uses virtual oscillators. It's like trying to put diesel into a petrol engine.

All we can do is to wait for Animoog to get AUv3 support...

• Was doing my morning stretches while surfing FB and THIS pops up in my feed.

Ok, so I've been bitching about/asking for this app for AGES. Can't wait to fire up the headphones and test drive her. Once I confirmed that this was indeed a Moog official miniMoog and NOT iMini it was off to the app store for me.

I am one VERY happy camper over here. THE synthesizer staple is now alive and well on my iPad. Let the funk begin!

• @Cliffy said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Yeah, I try to be more 'selective' this time around.
    On the plus-side, this is AUv3 and works well inside BM3 to boot which can't be said about the Arturia iMini.

‘intro price’ got me. Eventually i will likely succumb to all the IAP. Well played Moog, I am on the line.

As for the app addiction... I got it bad this time around. Yesterday I... picked up the Lisbon Gadget. Lisbon. I told myself A few days ago that Vancouver was Ok because it is a sampler. But jeebz... Lisbon. Sure it taps my ‘wish I was young again wannabe raver’ bone and I love the hell out of it but now I am looking at Mono/Poly. Not even an AU... freakin Gadgets of all things. But Gadget is as fun as ever and sounding better than ever. i got a hundred dollars in old Google Play cards I am trying to turn out... where was I? oh yah... Moog, model D. Sounds great... but BM3 and I recently had a bad fight. Maybe this will help make things up with her.

• @shoutn95 1 instance on my iPAd air 1, 2 puts the CPU in the 90%ish and starts peaking once playing the synths.

iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2, can handle 4 if the buffer is set to 1024. Sending midi to all from Rozeta ARP, i am setting at about 57%.

• @richardyot said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Ah.

Then as our friend Samu said, the wait goes on for AniMoog to add AU. Not that I’ll be holding my breath. There hasn’t even been a new sound pack for ages.

• edited March 2018

It´s just so daaaaaamn tiny small on my iPhone 5.5". The GUI is really not iPhone friendly. It could be much bigger.
    Seems it was just a bonus and iPad was in mind mainly (i can understand that).
    However, i will go in depth with this today. The FX are really a great bonus. I always love the delay in the Moog apps and the bender is great too. The arp is nice but a but limited.....but it´s a Moog for 5 bucks....so what.

• I only wish they would have included an Animoog-style keyboard on this...😐

• @Samu said:
    Is there any way to create a new 'bank' for user presets?

Tap and hold for the ‘init’ and ‘new bank’ options ;)

• Just bought this via Doug’s link in other thread. Nice for the price. Bit strange that the IAP packs can’t be demoed.

• Insta-buy.

• @thatguysmitty said:
    I only wish they would have included an Animoog-style keyboard on this...😐

Would have been nice, but it's got MPE so you can control it with Thumbjam or Geoshred, which are even more expressive than the Animoog kb.