Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New MOOG app - Minimoog Model D!

Comments

• edited June 2018

@noodlydan said:
    @MoogMusicInc forgive me if this has already been covered, I can’t find the setting to map cut off frequency as a macro in BM3. This is the most useful control - I must be missing something? Is it named as something else in the list of au parameters?

This seems to be a problem with BeatMaker 3, it should be in between Keyboard Control2 and Filter Emphasis, but somehow BM3 doesn't show it. Other hosts, like GarageBand, AUM and Auria for instance, do.

• edited June 2018

(removed, duplicate)

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@noodlydan said:
    @MoogMusicInc forgive me if this has already been covered, I can’t find the setting to map cut off frequency as a macro in BM3. This is the most useful control - I must be missing something? Is it named as something else in the list of au parameters?

This seems to be a problem with BeatMaker 3, it should be in between Keyboard Control2 and Filter Emphasis, but somehow BM3 doesn't show it. Other hosts, like GarageBand, AUM and Auria for instance, do.

Thanks. That’s what I thought. I have had no problems in AUM. @intua if you are listening? This would absolutely make my day!

• @kobamoto said:
    btw how is the intelligent randomizer coming on the model d app?... anything on it's way anytime soon?

Is that in the works?

• they said it was a great idea, I had hoped that it was in the queue by now

• edited June 2018

Deleted

• Anyone notice that when envelope is set to retrigger with fast attack you get an annoying digital click from the envelope resetting to zero. In this case it’s sounds like a digital plug-in not like the real thing at all. Analog envelopes don’t immediately reset to zero from wherever they are. My Behringer model D doesn’t sound like that, or my Moog Rogue, or Sub 37 or SE-1X or SE-02.

This needs to be fixed.

• @locosynth said:
    Anyone notice that when envelope is set to retrigger with fast attack you get an annoying digital click from the envelope resetting to zero. In this case it’s sounds like a digital plug-in not like the real thing at all. Analog envelopes don’t immediately reset to zero from wherever they are. My Behringer model D doesn’t sound like that, or my Moog Rogue, or Sub 37 or SE-1X or SE-02.

This needs to be fixed.

Ok...
    Have you made an official anouncement to Moog Inc. about that?
    Although the Moog people show up here once in a while, but it’s good to rapport it direct to Moog also...

• edited June 2018

@locosynth said:
    Anyone notice that when envelope is set to retrigger with fast attack you get an annoying digital click from the envelope resetting to zero. In this case it’s sounds like a digital plug-in not like the real thing at all. Analog envelopes don’t immediately reset to zero from wherever they are. My Behringer model D doesn’t sound like that, or my Moog Rogue, or Sub 37 or SE-1X or SE-02.

This needs to be fixed.

Hello fellow Moog Rogue owner. It's an underrated little synth for bass and hot leads. I actually prefer it in the higher register over the sound of the MiniMoog. The 'overdrive' on the oscillators gets a much creamier saw wave sound.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Hello fellow Moog Rogue owner. It's an underrated little synth for bass and hot leads. I actually prefer it in the higher register over the sound of the MiniMoog. The 'overdrive' on the oscillators gets a much creamier saw wave sound.

And the oscillator sync. And the overdrive gives you almost a ring mod sound up high when you coarse tune one of the oscillators.

• @locosynth said:

This needs to be fixed.

Several people have already described this bug a while ago, but Moog seem to either constantly ignore that or just refuse to "understand" the issue :'(

And yes, in March this year I have also written an email to both [email protected] and [email protected], and until today I have received no reply. This is very sad, and I'm a bit surprised about their behaviour because Moog don't seem like a bad company otherwise!

• @Samu said:

@AlexB said:
    What do you guy think about the bank/preset management ? Honestly that was my biggest disappointment, one of the poorest I’ve seen in an IOS synth. The sound is good though.

I had to read the manual before I was able to create my own bank for saving sounds and even init a patch :D
    After that was clear it works quite well.
    (Hint, long-tap on the save icon for options to create a bank and init a preset).

Well thx!👍🏼 Init patch is often the first thing i look for.....oddly not always an easy find.

• Looking for some enlightenment... I'm finding the Model D app to be a delight with my Seaboard Block, and it seems like several of you are using this combo as well. However, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to use slide (y-axis) to trigger modulation.

I know the app receives this message; when I switch from MPE mode to Omni it receives it on CC74, automatically mapping it as to the filter cutoff. But I want to be able to modulate vibrato (or whatever I set for the patch) within a defined range, basically as if the y-axis slide gesture were the mod wheel. I've tried using velocity and aftertouch for modulation, and it's great that that's an option, but they don't quite suit my playing style on these classic synth sounds.

Thanks!

• Is anyone else finding Model D is using more CPU after the recent update? It maxes out the CPU in an AUM project that was working fine before, and on its own consumes around 50% cpu. GUI is laggy now too. I've emailed Moog but wondering if anyone else is finding the same. It's an old iPad Air2, which is getting on I know, but it worked much better before the update.

• I can still run ~3 instances of Model D on my ancient iPad Air 2(iPadOS14.3).

There is another app though (Blamsoft's Viking) that I've noticed that suffers from increased CPU usage.
    Before I could easily run 10+ instances now it crawls after 2-3...

• @Samu said:
    I can still run ~3 instances of Model D on my ancient iPad Air 2(iPadOS14.3).

There is another app though (Blamsoft's Viking) that I've noticed that suffers from increased CPU usage.
    Before I could easily run 10+ instances now it crawls after 2-3...

On the latest update of Model D (1.3.0 build 120) ? I can only run 2 in AUM, 3 takes me to 120% CPU on 512 or 256 buffer settings. Starting to think my iPad is not quite right.

• edited December 2020

This thread gave me heart palpitations thinking a new Moog app dropped today 😂

Come on Moog, we’ll take a Moog One app!

• It’s nice to know Moog as a new app. 😜😜

• there is good news about ios and moog

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    This thread gave me heart palpitations thinking a new Moog app dropped today 😂

Yup, I thought ‘Oh no!’

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Spud said:
    Is anyone else finding Model D is using more CPU after the recent update? It maxes out the CPU in an AUM project that was working fine before, and on its own consumes around 50% cpu. GUI is laggy now too. I've emailed Moog but wondering if anyone else is finding the same. It's an old iPad Air2, which is getting on I know, but it worked much better before the update.

I can only run one instance with a buffer setting of 256 on my 9.7" Pro.

On my iphone SE I can run 6 with a buffer setting of 64.

In general I am finding the older devices cannot handle Model D or Model 15 because of something to do with the graphics.

• @BroCoast said:

@Spud said:
    Is anyone else finding Model D is using more CPU after the recent update? It maxes out the CPU in an AUM project that was working fine before, and on its own consumes around 50% cpu. GUI is laggy now too. I've emailed Moog but wondering if anyone else is finding the same. It's an old iPad Air2, which is getting on I know, but it worked much better before the update.

In general I am finding the older devices cannot handle Model D or Model 15 because of something to do with the graphics.

Have you noticed a change since the update a few days ago?

(and apologies to everyone who thought there was a new Moog app! :# )

• @Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

Just updated and tried. Doesn’t seem any worse than before except that it seems to use more cpu in AUM and the GUI is a little laggy compared to being hosted in Drambo.

• @BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

Just updated and tried. Doesn’t seem any worse than before except that it seems to use more cpu in AUM and the GUI is a little laggy compared to being hosted in Drambo.

Thanks - that's exactly what I'm seeing. In projects before that were just below the limit, but perfectly usable, they now can't be used.

• edited December 2020

@Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

Thanks - that's exactly what I'm seeing. In projects before that were just below the limit, but perfectly usable, they now can't be used.

This is one of the things that turned me off of iOS. Served me right I suppose for often surfing the CPU or memories edge but... blech, nothing worse than updates essentially breaking older projects. It has happened way too often for me and even when it wasn’t a CPU or memory bump. So frustrating.

• @Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

Please let Moog know. If enough people let them know, they will look into it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

@BroCoast said:

@Spud said:

Please let Moog know. If enough people let them know, they will look into it.

Yep have emailed them.

• @reasOne said:
    there is good news about ios and moog

and THIS is a good news!