Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New MOOG app - Minimoog Model D!

Comments

• edited April 2018

Nice update! Wonder if they’ll add an option to remove the keyboard and scroll left & right ala Volt? That would just about make this a perfect app! :)

EDIT: Forget that, I’m being greedy.

• Solid update, love having the mod wheel intensity slider.

• Great! Exact the bits i was missing!

• Velocity and aftertouch! I love it! Awesome job Moog!

• edited April 2018

Had a short jam a bit now with my Seaboard Rise and damn does this sounds and response nice.
    That´s a main thing about the Moog apps. Not only they sound good but they are also very musical in terms of how they react to changes, tweaking and velocity input.
    I say it again. This is on the highest level and def. up to synths like Repro etc.
    Thank you Moog.....and now port it to mac please >:)
    The bad thing i must rework all my presets to response to it. It makes a HUGE different.
    Especially fun if you use now an arp which sends velocity as well. Now you can go mad.

• @firejan82 said:
    Velocity and aftertouch! I love it! Awesome job Moog!

Indeed, but the Velocity Y-Axis is 'flipped' on the Model D keyboard compared to most other on-screen keyboards.
    Assigning the velocity in the AUv3 works perfectly though when used with for example Cubasis, or AUM keyboards.

• edited April 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@AudioGus said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Quick question: how do I change the dedicated LFO rate in the AU version (the knob usually appears on the pitch modwheel panel)?

Thank you very much. Knew it had to be somewhere.

Could it be they moved it somewhere else? Cannot find lfo rate or glide in AU mode...

• So yeah. How do you change LFO rate in AU mode?

• I knew I wasn’t a total doof!

• I have this hooked up to a Seaboard Block, and the velocity and aftertouch are nice. BUT, the settings don’t stick. You have to enable both in the MIDI settings for each and every preset, and then resave those presets.

Am I missing a way to enable them globally?

• @soundshaper said:
    So yeah. How do you change LFO rate in AU mode?

This was an oversight on our behalf, so sorry about that. In trying to rearrange the new modulation controls for AU, it seems we overlooked LFO rate and LHC options. We're adding this now and will release an update as soon as possible.

• edited April 2018

@MoogMusicInc said:

@soundshaper said:
    So yeah. How do you change LFO rate in AU mode?

This was an oversight on our behalf, so sorry about that. In trying to rearrange the new modulation controls for AU, it seems we overlooked LFO rate and LHC options. We're adding this now and will release an update as soon as possible.

Thanks moog!! Great work with this synth!

• @kobamoto said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Another plus is MPE compatibility. geoshred plays it nicely for those missing the animoog style keys. Doing a little vid

looking forward to this, I'm on an iPad mini 4 latest os and for some reason model d sees geoshred in the midi prefs and geoshred sees the model d in it's midi prefs but no matter if I set Geo to mpe control or model d, can't get sound. I'm gonna do a hard reset and try again... btw also made sure that background audio was on in model d but the problem persist.

We put together an application note on how to configure the Moog Model D and GeoShred to work together. It's here:

• @MoogMusicInc Nice to see yet another update to Model D :)

I do have a minor request though...

The 'Y-Axis Velocity' is in the opposite direction compared to almost any other iOS app that has an onscreen keyboard! I Would really appreciate an option to change this behaviour in Model D to make it match the other apps.

I think this is at least worth considering, right?

• @Samu said:
    @MoogMusicInc Nice to see yet another update to Model D :)

I do have a minor request though...

The 'Y-Axis Velocity' is in the opposite direction compared to almost any other iOS app that has an onscreen keyboard! I Would really appreciate an option to change this behaviour in Model D to make it match the other apps.

I think this is at least worth considering, right?

Hi Samu,

We’ve used this Y-axis velocity approach in Animoog and Model 15, and until now have not received a request to flip that around. We’ll put it on the list of features to consider for a future update.

Your friends at Moog

• @MoogMusicInc said:

We’ve used this Y-axis velocity approach in Animoog and Model 15, and until now have not received a request to flip that around. We’ll put it on the list of features to consider for a future update.

Thanks!

This 'issue' pops up when Model D and Model 15 are used as AUv3's in hosts such as AUM, Cubasis & BM3 where the on-screen keyboard responds in the opposite direction compared to Animoog, Model 15 & Model D.
    (Analogy can be made with a real piano. It's easier to hit the keys harder the closer to the edge they are).

Animoog & Filtatron as AUv3's would be super nice though ;)

• @Samu said:
    This 'issue' pops up when Model D and Model 15 are used as AUv3's in hosts such as AUM, Cubasis & BM3 where the on-screen keyboard responds in the opposite direction compared to Animoog, Model 15 & Model D.
    (Analogy can be made with a real piano. It's easier to hit the keys harder the closer to the edge they are).

FYI, our reasoning is that when you combine velocity with Y axis aftertouch, having a soft sound at the top doesn't feel very natural since you can't slide upwards anymore to increase continuous Y axis expression. With the softer velocity at the bottom, you can still slide upwards to add more aftertouch while the key is pressed down.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

FYI, our reasoning is that when you combine velocity with Y axis aftertouch, having a soft sound at the top doesn't feel very natural since you can't slide upwards anymore to increase continuous Y axis expression. With the softer velocity at the bottom, you can still slide upwards to add more aftertouch while the key is pressed down.

Thanks for the explanation!

One way to tackle this would be to 'ignore' the key graphics when applying after-touch since the initial touch has already been registered, meaning Initial touch position == after-touch 0 and moving upwards would increase the after-touch value.

Since I most of the time use Model D inside anothe hosts this just a minor observation.

• While I absolutely love Model D, I’m sadly finding it hard to justify using it live over Viking AU in performance. Model D is wonderful but I think I could realistically run 10 instances of Viking for one Model D. Hard to justify that amount of CPU use when it means that you can’t run any effects busses on the same device. Can sub in Viking for similar sounds that do the job in a mix with little hassle.

In terms of pure sound quality though, Model D is unbelievable. I’m going to do everything I can to make it work live for this project and in the studio where the buffer can be cranked up, it’ll be Model D all the way.

I really wish for a master ‘fine tune’ dial for Animoog by the way. It’s such a great synth but that feature prevents me using it live (I’ve automated the pitch wheel before but that’s just ridiculous)
    @MoogMusicInc any chance of this happening? I’m sure it can’t be too difficult since it’s possible to detune oscillators on the ‘thick’ panel and it’s also possible (but unfeasible) to achieve the same effect as master tune by automating the pitch wheel.

• edited May 2018

Deleted

• I’m wondering about the mod.src. option in modulation destinations in settings beside velocity/after touch. Does it only work in connection with noise modulation?

• @frejahel said:
    I’m wondering about the mod.src. option in modulation destinations in settings beside velocity/after touch. Does it only work in connection with noise modulation?

The mod.src. destination allows velocity and/or aftertouch to become modulation sources instead of noise. With this feature you can mix the velocity and aftertouch values with the other sources in the modulation sections and use the same routing features.

• Nice update, I still find I'm getting stuck notes in the AU using Rozeta though not always, just sometimes.

• Any plans to incorporate midi learn and load/save map in the AU version? This would be great for quicker mapping on AU instances, and make it easier to modulate the AU in apps like Audiobus 3 which don't yet support AU parameter mapping. :)

• Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but if you're in the market, it's on sale!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/moog-subsequent-37-cv-synthesizer/j56448000000000

I just bought an Audio Technica stage mic and the irig HD 2. Got $54.00 in backstage money that went towards them. Yay for backstage pass on MF! So, now I have an irig HD fer sale. ;)

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/msg/6588263228.html#fireglass_params|&tabid=a40eb30912626676&application_server_address=mc19.prod.fire.glass&popup=true&is_right_side_popup=false&start_with_session_counter=1

• I just read thru the manual for the Moog 'Grand Mother' and it would make a perfect iOS app even with bright pastel colours :D (I do feel that the hard work is already done with Model D and Model 15).

• I'd go for a sub37 for ios. 2 clockable lfo's 2 and full adsr's. I've a friend with one that never gets played. Incomprehensible 0_o

• @MoogMusicInc forgive me if this has already been covered, I can’t find the setting to map cut off frequency as a macro in BM3. This is the most useful control - I must be missing something? Is it named as something else in the list of au parameters?

• @moForte said:

@kobamoto said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Another plus is MPE compatibility. geoshred plays it nicely for those missing the animoog style keys. Doing a little vid

looking forward to this, I'm on an iPad mini 4 latest os and for some reason model d sees geoshred in the midi prefs and geoshred sees the model d in it's midi prefs but no matter if I set Geo to mpe control or model d, can't get sound. I'm gonna do a hard reset and try again... btw also made sure that background audio was on in model d but the problem persist.

We put together an application note on how to configure the Moog Model D and GeoShred to work together. It's here:

just seeing this, thank you.

• btw how is the intelligent randomizer coming on the model d app?... anything on it's way anytime soon?