Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Contemporary Indian Folk Song on Cubasis - Yentha Sakkagunnave

edited March 2018 in Creations

I produced this super-hit song of 2018 as a karaoke cover using CUBASIS and Poison-202 with expressive playing. I never thought I would look at folk music (because I like EDM and Trance) but this one is different and modern folk:

How did I get DUAL Keyboards, Mixer/Piano Roll/Automation editor/Waves plugins/etc. on the TOP above the keyboard, in Cubasis (which is currently not possible), LOL? Let's just say, since I'm a programmer, I hacked Cubasis for these and also turned it into a video player :)

Just wanted to say - Steinberg could display Mixer/editors/Effects/plugins/Settings/etc panels on the top too - as long as the top is empty. I understand half of the screen is meant for AU's but if a half is empty, there is no need to overlay these panels over the keyboard on the bottom and thereby hiding it or another panel that is open on the bottom. They could display mixer on the top, keyboard on the bottom, pads on the top, Micrologue on the bottom, effects on the top, etc. or however the available room permits.

Also, Steinberg should offer DUAL keyboards - even if they both occupy just half the screen together (each taking up quarter height of the screen) - see FL Studio Mobile, GarageBand, NanoStudio, Magellan, etc.

Comments

• First bit sounded something like an Indian take on the Spencer Davis Group. :) But when it got into full swing, this becomes an interesting, bright fusion. We loved the droning voice in the background, somewhere around 1:29. Also, the guitar around 2:50 sounded particularly evocative.

Nice hack, too.

• edited March 2018

@Zen210507 said:
    First bit sounded something like an Indian take on the Spencer Davis Group. :) But when it got into full swing, this becomes an interesting, bright fusion. We loved the droning voice in the background, somewhere around 1:29. Also, the guitar around 2:50 sounded particularly evocative.

Nice hack, too.

The droning choir voices at 1:29 is my idea that I added as an extra effect - it does not exist in the original song:

The 6/8 signature and the scale is addicting and many have commented that it does not bore us listening to it all day.

Thanks!

• Thanks; looking forward to the tutorial.