Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM + Rozeta meet Novation

Experimenting tonight with sequencing hardware from Rozeta...

Used XOX and rhythm to sequence drums on circuit.....Bassline and lfos to sequence Bass Station II and cells + arpeggio are going to mininova....vocals in blocs wave....recorded via Behringer 802 mixer and uca 202....into aum.....

Anyone else doing this sort of thing, could do with some pointers on getting control of starting/stopping the rozeta during playback....

Comments

• Pretty tough sounding. Great sounds coming out of that gear. B)

So what kind of start stop problems are you having with Rozeta?

• @CracklePot said:
    Pretty tough sounding. Great sounds coming out of that gear. B)

So what kind of start stop problems are you having with Rozeta?

I am strugggling to control when the modules are playing, stopping starting one at a time is ok....but if I want to stop or start multiples together....

If the mute on the AUM track muted the midi it would do what I am trying

• Great bass line.

• Have you tried using the Midi Trig mode? The auto play button toggles to Midi Trig and back.

When you put a Rozeta module into Midi Trig mode, the notes only output or trigger synths while that module receives a midi in note on message. So you can, for instance have a XOX module, put it in Midi Trig mode, connect a Rozeta Bassline module to its input, and turn XOX on and off with midi notes from Bassline. You can program notes, holds, and rests in Bassline to get tricky start/stop patterns.

You can conceptually group you Rozeta modules into, say, 3 groups of modules that start and stop together as groups, but the groups start and stop independently from each other.
    To do this, use 3 Bassline modules, each programmed with their own unique start stop patterns (notes, ties, rests), and then control one group each with a single Bassline to get three groups starting and stopping together, but separately from the other groups.

• If the above explanation is too convoluted, ask away and I will attempt to clarify.

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:
    If the above explanation is too convoluted, ask away and I will attempt to clarify.

I think I know what you are getting at....but I was looking to do it manually in real-time....looking at the settings I would struggle as the notes used are fixed so could either control 1 or all modules from a controller....bearing in mind I want multiple patterns in a single module also.
    If I had mutes on my mixer i’d use those, but I haven’t, and using volume on the synths becomes difficult if I want to change more than 2

Great idea about using Bassline btw....to be able to use ties ;)

• @Vorgon said:
    Great bass line.

The Bassline sequencer work really well with Bass Station 2 ... add to that an lfo module and life in bass land is very good indeed :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@CracklePot said:
    If the above explanation is too convoluted, ask away and I will attempt to clarify.

I think I know what you are getting at....but I was looking to do it manually in real-time....looking at the settings I would struggle as the notes used are fixed so could either control 1 or all modules from a controller....bearing in mind I want multiple patterns in a single module also.
    If I had mutes on my mixer i’d use those, but I haven’t, and using volume on the synths becomes difficult if I want to change more than 2

In that case I would suggest setting up midi controlled muting of your AUM channels by KB notes. Each AUM track can have its mute triggered by a specific midi note, so if multiple tracks get assigned the same note trigger, you get groups. You can pick low midi notes so that they won’t trigger pattern switching in the modules. Most Rozeta pattern switching notes are in the C1 octave, so you avoid using those notes to trigger mutes, and use instead notes from the C0 octave.

You could set up a hardware KB to do this, or use the AUM KB if necessary.

• @CracklePot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@CracklePot said:

In that case I would suggest setting up midi controlled muting of your AUM channels by KB notes. Each AUM track can have its mute triggered by a specific midi note, so if multiple tracks get assigned the same note trigger, you get groups. You can pick low midi notes so that they won’t trigger pattern switching in the modules. Most Rozeta pattern switching notes are in the C1 octave, so you avoid using those notes to trigger mutes, and use instead notes from the C0 octave.

The mutes only mute the audio and not the midi....I can mute all rozeta channels and the midi still plays....

I think I may need to program something to do this in either lemur or get the Novation remote 25 out and program a template on that....and use a combination of triggering the modules and sending vol 0 messages to the synths themselves...I was hoping to avoid this as I am usually fairly fluid with what I do and what I use.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@CracklePot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@CracklePot said:

The mutes only mute the audio and not the midi....I can mute all rozeta channels and the midi still plays....

I think I may need to program something to do this in either lemur or get the Novation remote 25 out and program a template on that....and use a combination of triggering the modules and sending vol 0 messages to the synths themselves...I was hoping to avoid this as I am usually fairly fluid with what I do and what I use.

You could try my first suggestion, but substitute your KB controller for the multiple Bassline modules, so you are in control instead of Bassline. You would need to be able to assign a midi channel to a particular note on your KB. That way you can use, say, 3 notes/keys to output on 3 different midi channels to do the Midi Trig in the Rozeta modules. The modules could be grouped by Midi channel, so you could have 3 separate groups this way.

• @CracklePot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@CracklePot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@CracklePot said:

You could try my first suggestion, but substitute your KB controller for the multiple Bassline modules, so you are in control instead of Bassline. You would need to be able to assign a midi channel to a particular note on your KB. That way you can use, say, 3 notes/keys to output on 3 different midi channels to do the Midi Trig in the Rozeta modules. The modules could be grouped by Midi channel, so you could have 3 separate groups this way.

Hmmm yes...that could be worth investigation....I think on the remote 25 I can set buttons to be toggle and set specific channel and note. Need to double check if the buttons can send notes but I think they can.

• Dig the track, especially that bass.

I too struggle with starting and stopping sets of sequencers. I wonder if CELLS would do the trick?

Re: muting... If you swipe-to-eject the sequencer, does it still send MIDI notes? I haven't tried that but it might work.

• I have to agree, that bass sounds so badass. B)

• edited March 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Dig the track, especially that bass.

I too struggle with starting and stopping sets of sequencers. I wonder if CELLS would do the trick?

Re: muting... If you swipe-to-eject the sequencer, does it still send MIDI notes? I haven't tried that but it might work.

Swiping works...but I can only do one at a time, not multiples together :(

Another possibility is using the 8 patterns available in each sequencer to make sections with different parts playing and then swap between those...e.g. Use pattern 1 for Intro, pattern 2 for verse etc....It would mean making longer patterns and not using follow on...I could then also use swipe to bring other stuff in/out one at a time.
    If I were to do all this though, I may as well just record the parts onto circuit...but that means no mutate.

• edited March 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Dig the track, especially that bass.

@CracklePot said:
    I have to agree, that bass sounds so badass. B)

Yeah the bass was where this all started...hooked up the BS2 to bassline....then an LFO....then went on from there and got to the point where I wanted to start jamming with the parts...and came unstuck LOL

I still haven't fully decided what to do with the sounds I am getting

• Rozeta Bassline question. Can you use MIDI to switch which of a preset’s patterns is playing?