Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: WebCassette by Klevgrand

2»

Comments

• I have no trouble capturing the output on my Windows laptop using Audacity. Does this not work on Mac?

• Will this come with the option to demagnetize the heads?

• @Arpseechord said:
    Will this come with the option to demagnetize the heads?

:D
    Or the option to disable the erase head in order to avoid gaps and have seamless tape loops

Seriously, it’s a nice idea, but it sound nothing like tape.
    I’ll stick with my tape decks.

• @rumorazzi said:

@Arpseechord said:

:D
    Or the option to disable the erase head in order to avoid gaps and have seamless tape loops

Seriously, it’s a nice idea, but it sound nothing like tape.
    I’ll stick with my tape decks.

Those are good ideas too! :)

• @Arpseechord said:

And when the tape becomes wrapped around the capstan, I hope there's a way to dig it out without harming the recording. I hate it when that happens.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@Arpseechord said:

And when the tape becomes wrapped around the capstan, I hope there's a way to dig it out without harming the recording. I hate it when that happens.

I hated when that happened. I usually found tearing the tape out with blind recklessness always yielded the best result though :)

• @SealTeamSick said:

@SealTeamSick said:
    If you have a Mac, a convenient way to record it is to use your phone with webcasette: plug your iPhone in and chose iPhone as the input on a QuickTime audio recording.

NEVERMIND! This does not work. Kinda impressive actually, how they managed to block this. It doesn’t play through internal speakers on iPhone either. Interesting. Well, just have to wait. Or you’d have to use something like Audio Hijack (rogue amoeba) on Mac.

Glad I bought Audio Hijack when I did. It's $60 now?!

• Hi all, and thanks for the nice response. Some back story of why there's a webcassette:
    We've been working on an algorithm for emulation of tape and tube saturation and started off with doing measurements of a cassette deck. This ended up in a prototype plugin (just so we could be able to let all the staff and friends try it out and have opinions. On the side I've also been investigating how to build our native code for web, and used this project as a test. One of my private friends, who is a web developer, got inspired and made a GUI for the web-build i sent him to test…. Then we had WebCassette.

Anyhow, we call it an experiment since it won't work perfectly on every browser, and due to WebAudio API there might be glitches in the sound (nerd info: the processing function lives on the same thread as the GUI. This will be changed in the future which is makes it possible to do very cool audio stuff for the web). It should work OK on later iOS devices with iOS11.2 or later, but it's a much funnier experience on Chrome on a desktop.

An AU/VST/AAX/AUv3 based on the algorithms will be made. We're not 100% sure of what parameters will be exposed etc. We don't have a release date or anything, but aiming for spring 2018.

• @sundhage said:
    An AU/VST/AAX/AUv3 based on the algorithms will be made. We're not 100% sure of what parameters will be exposed etc. We don't have a release date or anything, but aiming for spring 2018.

Sounds good, can't wait.

• An AU/VST/AAX/AUv3 based on the algorithms will be made. We're not 100% sure of what parameters will be exposed etc. We don't have a release date or anything, but aiming for spring 2018.

Beautiful!

• @sundhage said:
    Hi all, and thanks for the nice response. Some back story of why there's a webcassette:
    We've been working on an algorithm for emulation of tape and tube saturation and started off with doing measurements of a cassette deck. This ended up in a prototype plugin (just so we could be able to let all the staff and friends try it out and have opinions. On the side I've also been investigating how to build our native code for web, and used this project as a test. One of my private friends, who is a web developer, got inspired and made a GUI for the web-build i sent him to test…. Then we had WebCassette.

Anyhow, we call it an experiment since it won't work perfectly on every browser, and due to WebAudio API there might be glitches in the sound (nerd info: the processing function lives on the same thread as the GUI. This will be changed in the future which is makes it possible to do very cool audio stuff for the web). It should work OK on later iOS devices with iOS11.2 or later, but it's a much funnier experience on Chrome on a desktop.

I’d prefer two versions for iOS. The AU which are the effects only (with automatable parameters), and the stand alone (which would be an exact clone of the Webcassette, but with an input gain, output gain, and the ability to actually save your wav files to Audioshare much like how Grand Finale does it). I know some people can use their PCs and Audacity to record the output, but I really can’t be arsed with my junky 4-year-old laptop to be quite honest. :)

I would like to sign up to be a betatester for your future products, or at least for whatever you come up with regarding these dead accurate algos. Cheers mate.

• I'm in!

@sundhage I had a blast mucking about with WebCassette yesterday and would love to see an AUv3 of this.

Put me in the hat for Beta testing as well, if you need more testers. Thanks again for all you do!

• @sundhage love this plugin. Please sign me up for testing if it's universal as I'm on an iPhone 6s Plus

• We're getting there.. :)

• Looking good :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sundhage said:

We're getting there.. :)

You tease! Getting us all excited!
    Gotta buy some itunes gift cards already for the launch :cookie:

• I'm so psyched for this. I had such a blast playing with the web version....

I'm all ears over here for beta testing/release date

• @sundhage So excited for this one!

• Oh yes! I‘m ready for this!

• Oh Yes AU take my money..........

• It’s gonna be worth it! I gave the beta a spin, and indeed, it made my Shinobi cover sound like it was recorded on a f-cking old Tascam Porta. B) Of course, the effect can be far subtler than that, but I just love the warmth and feel. My Ambient output will never be the same, lol.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Zen210507 said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Yeah the Lo Fly plug didn’t do much for me after the initial ‘This is kinda neat’.

Yes. I questioned that the effect I bought it for apparently could not be assigned to a single track, and they seemed to think this was fine and dandy.

Yeah the guy’s responses on the forum were tone deaf. Total sweep it under the rug kind of thing. To be completely honest and un-PC, it’s a piece of shit software. There is no subtle sweet spot to be found between dry (and hell, you can’t even get a dry signal with the effect knob at zero) and crap. Then there’s the vinyl thing that replaced the best mode that sounded like total crap.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    It’s gonna be worth it! I gave the beta a spin, and indeed, it made my Shinobi cover sound like it was recorded on a f-cking old Tascam Porta. B) Of course, the effect can be far subtler than that, but I just love the warmth and feel. My Ambient output will never be the same, lol.

Does it support AU automation?

• So excited for this. Instabuy desktop and iOS versions.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    It’s gonna be worth it! I gave the beta a spin, and indeed, it made my Shinobi cover sound like it was recorded on a f-cking old Tascam Porta. B) Of course, the effect can be far subtler than that, but I just love the warmth and feel. My Ambient output will never be the same, lol.

Hope you recorded that... got me curious on your track! :wink:

• This is great so far - thanks @sundhage! I'll do my best to get some testing in tonight.